Why is it that you can't just tell a girl that you have a crush on her?

Starcradle

Senior Contributor
Jan 16, 2004
✟7,143.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
hotknikkels? said:
I find it rather refreshing too, can be quite painful at times too!

Believe me, I am all too familiar with that pain. On more occasions than I care to number (and they all occurred before I recommitted my life to the Lord), I took the initiative of expressing my interest to the male friends who aroused it. From my perspective, it was simply too taxing on the heart and body to retain such passionate sentiments. I preferred taking the leap so that I could, in essence, "get it over with" and know for certain if I was going to be rejected or if there were possibilities. Either way, I could move on with my life and refrain from expending precious energy and emotion.

Fortunately, I was continually rejected (I can only say this upon hindsight), for I was not right with God and it would have been disastrous to subsequently be unequally yolked in a relationship.

Due to my relationship with Christ, I am even more determined not to date (an idea that bored me senseless and seemed utterly futile even before commiting to Him). I also refuse to take the initiative, however inclined I may be to do so. ;)

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
How about just becoming her friend?

If you just come up and tell her, the two of you will be dating with a marriage goal first. If you go out with her as a friend then you will be dating her for the purpose of finding out what she's like as a person. If you like her in the same way after you've gotten to know her for a few months, then tell her! If you feel that she has different goals, different attitudes in life that you didn't see before, then you could just remain her friend, or drift off.

Enslow

Upvote 0

tetelestai

my sins are paid in full
Nov 22, 2003
South Dakota
✟248.00
Faith
Christian
i personally am a fan of the more subtle methods. be romantic. and by that i mean use ways other than words to express what you feel. and do it slowly, and cautiously. so that the first blirting out of it isn't "i really like you will you be my girlfriend" that puts a girl terribly on the spot. but if you hint and let her get acclimated to the idea, she will have more opportunity to give you feed back, and then you can find out where she is without her having to say "what?! i have never thought of you that way before. eeew"

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
p60 said:
Why is it that you can't just go up to a girl and tell her you have a crush on her, or that you like her,
or why can't you just tell a lot of other people that you like her?

Like I want to... but there's this quelling uneasiness inside that prevents me from doing so. Why is this?

Its called... FEAR. :p But don't worry... we all go there. :) Perhaps you might not want to just walk up to her and tell her you have a crush on her. Instead, why not just ask her if she'd like to go out sometime? I don't know the particular situation between you and this girl (someone you know at school, goes to your church, lives across the street, etc.), but try to give her a chance to get to know you a little better before confessing that you have a crush on her. That will significantly increase your chances with her. Besides, your eyes, your smile and your voice can tell her you like her without you even having to say a word... of course later on they do like to hear you say it too! ;) Just remember.... girls are like dogs (no jokes please ;) ).... they can sniff out fear. Just be confident in yourself.... no fear, mate... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums