Why is it okay to celebrate Jesus birthday on Christmas?

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Christmas was considered a pagan holliday,Why is it okay to celebrate Jesus birthday on Christmas?

Christmas never existed before Christ it was called something else. Now why is it not ok to celebrate the birth of Christ when ever a person wants to? Certainly we, as Christs body, are not celebrating other things besides the coming of the savior. If one should choose to believe that one day is more special than any other then that is fine, if one chooses to believe that one day is more defiled than another then that is fine as well. Shouldn't we follow our hearts and the leading of the holy spirit in all matters? Why then would it matter what day we celebrate the birth of Christ?

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

General Mung Beans

Resident Conservative Christian
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are already too many holidays. If we move Jesus birthday to some other month then that's three gift buying occasions. Christmas, birthday, Jesus birthday. I think it would be best to keep things the same.

Erhm Christmas=Jesus' birthday.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2009
✟15,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christmas is not a pagan festival. Winter Solstice is the pagan festival that happens at a similar time of the year. Just because pagans celebrate something at a similar time, doesn't mean that they own the day. I use the day to celebrate the birth of Christ and I haven't found any good reson to stop.

God rules over every day. Pagans don't have exclusivity to any day that the Lord has made. What pagans do or don't do on a particular day has no bearing on how I live out my faith.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do u think Jesus or God thinks it's okay to celebrate Jesus's birthday,on what he would consider a pagan holliday or would they care.

How would you know what God considers it to be? Obviously we know what you consider it to be, but how can you know the thoughts of God?

God rules over every day. Pagans don't have exclusivity to any day that the Lord has made. What pagans do or don't do on a particular day has no bearing on how I live out my faith.

AMEN!

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

The Fourth Horseman

Logic is my god
Nov 24, 2010
✟7,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since Christmas was considered a pagan holliday,Why is it okay to celebrate Jesus birthday on Christmas?

Easter is a Pagan Holiday too. I'm not sure if there is a consensus to when Jesus was actually born and if there is I've never heard of it. Most Christian holidays are just Pagan holidays with a reworked Christian theme so as to accommodate the Barbarian tribes of Europe who at the time couldn't have cared less about Christianity.

I wonder if Christmas was intended to mark Jesus' actual birthday or simply his Birth. Think about it, there is a difference.

Upvote 0

The Fourth Horseman

Logic is my god
Nov 24, 2010
✟7,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Christmas is not a pagan festival. Winter Solstice is the pagan festival that happens at a similar time of the year. Just because pagans celebrate something at a similar time, doesn't mean that they own the day. I use the day to celebrate the birth of Christ and I haven't found any good reson to stop.

Yeah but the holiday was put on that day to accommodate the Pagans that the early church was trying to convert.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christmas never existed before Christ it was called something else. Now why is it not ok to celebrate the birth of Christ when ever a person wants to? Certainly we, as Christs body, are not celebrating other things besides the coming of the savior. If one should choose to believe that one day is more special than any other then that is fine, if one chooses to believe that one day is more defiled than another then that is fine as well. Shouldn't we follow our hearts and the leading of the holy spirit in all matters? Why then would it matter what day we celebrate the birth of Christ?

Sealacamp

Amen! It doesn't matter. We can celebrate the birth of Christ every day if we want to, and I want to. I also observe Christmas, and there's no Biblical prohibition against Christmas. It's one of the most beautiful times of the year when most can get together with their families and have a good time in the Lord.

I first thought this might be another Christmas bashing thread, and I'm happy that it isn't.

Merry Christmas!

Speci030.gif

Luke 2:4-20 (KJV) 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) 5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. 6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. 8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this [shall be] a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. 17 And when they had seen [it], they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. 18 And all they that heard [it] wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered [them] in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Well said.

Upvote 0

gearedtogo

Servant
Dec 8, 2010
Salem, OR.
✟7,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There is no scriptural basis for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. It is common knowledge that the Roman Catholic Church incorporated many pagan "holy days" as part of the conversion process of adopting (coercing) heathens into their form of Christianity. It is a documented fact that the actual date of Christ's birth was in fact changed to coincide with pagan Winter Solstice festival. The "Christmas Tree" which many faithful Christians erect in their homes is a blatant ancient fertility symbol representing the cycle of death and rebirth of the god/goddess, the very same types of godhead worshiped today by modern Wicca and Neo-Pagans. For those who wish to dispute my claims, there is plenty of material available online that supports this. The question is, whether or not it is okay for Christians to celebrate this holiday. I think the more important aspect of this question is this practice correct.

Many Christians practice this holiday in what amounts as idolatry justifying their actions through their intent. Scripture very clearly teaches us that sin can not be justified, no matter the reason you act upon.

Title : The Holy Bible, King James Version
Edition : Third
Copyright : Electronic Edition STEP Files Copyright © 1998, Parsons Technology, Inc.

Exodus 20:1-8 ( KJV ) 1And God spake all these words, saying, 2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

The fact of the matter is that Christmas has it's origins in pagan deity worship. Modern day celebration of Christmas is a commingling of paganism and Christianity. By what service or honor do we truly give to God by worshiping Him in a manner that is contrary to His teachings outlined in Scripture?

When you erect a Christmas Tree within your home and adorn it with "garments" and top it with a Star (today of which we call the Star of Bethlehem but which is in fact the "dog star", or Sirius, a pagan sun god), do we step back and glorify that tree as "Christ", a representation of God the Father?

Scripture has already stated in what manner we are to give glory unto Christ:

Copyright : Electronic Edition STEP Files Copyright © 1998, Parsons Technology, Inc.

Luke 22:17-20 ( KJV ) 17And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

That is all that is required of us Christians to give honor unto Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gearedtogo

Servant
Dec 8, 2010
Salem, OR.
✟7,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I understand that this may come across as a harsh judgment against Christmas, however I also want to make it clear that I am not sitting in judgment against those who do practice this traditional custom.

This comes from my interpretation of Scripture of what I perceive to be the truth. In my mind, it stands to reason that our collective enemy who is known to be a great deceiver will do whatever is necessary to distort the Faith and turn worship from God elsewhere. I see that evidenced in part by the celebration of "holy days" by Christians today that are rooted in paganism.

Christmas, Easter, and Halloween are all very important, sacred 'holy days" practiced by those who are involved with god/goddess worship who observe these primitive nature pagan rituals (Wicca, occultist's, druids, ceremonial magicians, etc.) on these specific dates due to the importance stressed of the astrological relationships and magical/spiritual influence within the heavens. As above, so below as the saying goes.

It is widely accepted as a scriptural fact that those involved with sorcery, witchcraft, idol worship, and worshiping of false god's is a SIN against God. How can you justify observing these very same "holy days" revered by heathens and call yourself a "true Christian". Is that not hypocrisy in itself?

It's kinda like going out and stealing money in order to tithe to the Church.

We do not serve God according to our will, we serve God by following His will. His will is expressed to us through the scripture and we show our love for Him by keeping His Commandments.

If God so desired of His people to worship and give glory to Him by propping up a dying Douglas Fir Tree in the corner of our living room or by dressing up as demons and evil spirits and going door to door demanding tricks or treats, I'm pretty sure He would have had His prophets relay that down to us through scripture. Since He did not, I can only conclude that these are man-made manufactured holidays which do not glorify God, only ourselves.

At the same token, how many of us observe and keep the same Holiday's that the Jewish observe? I ask that because many Christians almost gloss over the fact the Jesus Christ was in fact a Jew. Not a Roman Catholic Christian, a Jew.

He observed all of the same practices and customs as would any other Jew of His time. Would it not stand to reason that we who are the Body of Christ as Christians (Followers of Christ and Spiritual Jews) also observe the same practices and customs that Christ did, you know, actually following His example?

One excellent point of this concerns the Jewish Dietary laws as outlined in Leviticus and Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 14:8 (New King James Version)

8 Also the swine is unclean for you, because it has cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud; you shall not eat their flesh or touch their dead carcasses.

You can not just pick and choose what parts of the Scripture you want to observe, keep, dismiss, or reject.

You can not justify your sinful actions at the same token as well. You either accept what is written or you do not. Hot or Cold, not luke-warm, right?

With this in mind:

How many Christians out there serve up a Christmas dinner feast with a centerpiece Christmas Ham?

I find it incredibly contradictorily that one would "pay homage and honor" to the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who sacrificed Himself for our Sins so that we may be saved by partaking in a feast-meal consisting of of meat that God explicitly stated was unclean. Not only that, but in Mark 5:1-20 Christ Himself cast out demons who then possessed a herd of swine and drove the herd of swine off a cliff into the sea to drown.

Really?! Is this how we give honor to God!?

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no scriptural basis for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. It is common knowledge that the Roman Catholic Church incorporated many pagan "holy days" as part of the conversion process of adopting (coercing) heathens into their form of Christianity. It is a documented fact that the actual date of Christ's birth was in fact changed to coincide with pagan Winter Solstice festival. The "Christmas Tree" which many faithful Christians erect in their homes is a blatant ancient fertility symbol representing the cycle of death and rebirth of the god/goddess, the very same types of godhead worshiped today by modern Wicca and Neo-Pagans. For those who wish to dispute my claims, there is plenty of material available online that supports this. The question is, whether or not it is okay for Christians to celebrate this holiday. I think the more important aspect of this question is this practice correct.

Many Christians practice this holiday in what amounts as idolatry justifying their actions through their intent. Scripture very clearly teaches us that sin can not be justified, no matter the reason you act upon.

Exodus 20:1-8 ( KJV ) 1And God spake all these words, saying, 2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

The fact of the matter is that Christmas has it's origins in pagan deity worship. Modern day celebration of Christmas is a commingling of paganism and Christianity. By what service or honor do we truly give to God by worshiping Him in a manner that is contrary to His teachings outlined in Scripture?

When you erect a Christmas Tree within your home and adorn it with "garments" and top it with a Star (today of which we call the Star of Bethlehem but which is in fact the "dog star", or Sirius, a pagan sun god), do we step back and glorify that tree as "Christ", a representation of God the Father?

Scripture has already stated in what manner we are to give glory unto Christ:

Luke 22:17-20 ( KJV ) 17And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

That is all that is required of us Christians to give honor unto Christ.

All of this means absolutely NOTHING unless you are worshiping pagan gods with a little "g". Otherwise, any attempted prohibition of celebrating Christmas is by legalists who abuse the Holy Bible.

Colossians 2:13-17 (KJV) 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

Observe Christmas or don't - your choice - but mind your own business - don't make up condemnation and judgment for those who do - hide on Christmas or whatever you want to do.

In the meantime, all days belong to Christ, and there is no Biblical prohibition against observing Christmas.

Speci030.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I understand that this may come across as a harsh judgment against Christmas, however I also want to make it clear that I am not sitting in judgment against those who do practice this traditional custom.

This comes from my interpretation of Scripture of what I perceive to be the truth. In my mind, it stands to reason that our collective enemy who is known to be a great deceiver will do whatever is necessary to distort the Faith and turn worship from God elsewhere. I see that evidenced in part by the celebration of "holy days" by Christians today that are rooted in paganism.

Christmas, Easter, and Halloween are all very important, sacred 'holy days" practiced by those who are involved with god/goddess worship who observe these primitive nature pagan rituals (Wicca, occultist's, druids, ceremonial magicians, etc.) on these specific dates due to the importance stressed of the astrological relationships and magical/spiritual influence within the heavens. As above, so below as the saying goes.

It is widely accepted as a scriptural fact that those involved with sorcery, witchcraft, idol worship, and worshiping of false god's is a SIN against God. How can you justify observing these very same "holy days" revered by heathens and call yourself a "true Christian". Is that not hypocrisy in itself?

It's kinda like going out and stealing money in order to tithe to the Church.

We do not serve God according to our will, we serve God by following His will. His will is expressed to us through the scripture and we show our love for Him by keeping His Commandments.

If God so desired of His people to worship and give glory to Him by propping up a dying Douglas Fir Tree in the corner of our living room or by dressing up as demons and evil spirits and going door to door demanding tricks or treats, I'm pretty sure He would have had His prophets relay that down to us through scripture. Since He did not, I can only conclude that these are man-made manufactured holidays which do not glorify God, only ourselves.

At the same token, how many of us observe and keep the same Holiday's that the Jewish observe? I ask that because many Christians almost gloss over the fact the Jesus Christ was in fact a Jew. Not a Roman Catholic Christian, a Jew.

He observed all of the same practices and customs as would any other Jew of His time. Would it not stand to reason that we who are the Body of Christ as Christians (Followers of Christ and Spiritual Jews) also observe the same practices and customs that Christ did, you know, actually following His example?

One excellent point of this concerns the Jewish Dietary laws as outlined in Leviticus and Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 14:8 (New King James Version)

8 Also the swine is unclean for you, because it has cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud; you shall not eat their flesh or touch their dead carcasses.

You can not just pick and choose what parts of the Scripture you want to observe, keep, dismiss, or reject.

You can not justify your sinful actions at the same token as well. You either accept what is written or you do not. Hot or Cold, not luke-warm, right?

With this in mind:

How many Christians out there serve up a Christmas dinner feast with a centerpiece Christmas Ham?

I find it incredibly contradictorily that one would "pay homage and honor" to the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who sacrificed Himself for our Sins so that we may be saved by partaking in a feast-meal consisting of of meat that God explicitly stated was unclean. Not only that, but in Mark 5:1-20 Christ Himself cast out demons who then possessed a herd of swine and drove the herd of swine off a cliff into the sea to drown.

Really?! Is this how we give honor to God!?

Just some food for thought.

It all boils down to not worshiping pagan gods and NOTHING else. We're not under the law, so throw out the dietary prohibitions also.

Colossians 2:13-17 (KJV) 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

Speci030.gif

Upvote 0

gearedtogo

Servant
Dec 8, 2010
Salem, OR.
✟7,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
@357magnum: I supposes this is where the discrepancies lie. Covenant Theology vs Dispensational Theology, just yet another back and forth debate with no absolutes.

By your argument then the following statement must be true:

Having an abortion is NOT A SIN since we are not under the law. (10 Commandments)

Pre-marital sex is NOT A SIN since we are not under the law. Neither is adultery, divorce, homosexuality, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, etc.(Leviticus)

We are taught as Christians to abstain from sin, to keep the Commandments, and to make a covenant with God. Why should we do any of these things if we are NOT under the Law?

The Law is the 10 Commandments included in with the 613 Commandments total that are found in the first five books of the Bible. Christians usually call the five books of Moses the Pentatuch. Jews refer to the five books of Moses as Torah.

Colossians 2:13-17 (KJV) 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

In this passage the uncircumcised are those who are not Jewish. When we become a Christian, we are then considered a "Spiritual Jew". As a Spiritual Jew we are then under the Law of God.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

Completely depends on the context. You are taking this to imply that it does not matter what we eat or drink or what days we worship on. It is my interpretation that God is stating to the believer that let NO MAN as in the WORLD judge YOU as a CHRISTIAN for abstaining from meat and drink or making preference for a certain meat or drink over another and keeping the Sabbath and other holidays for worshiping God.

Could you imagine what it could have been like for a heathen to start adopting and practicing Jewish customs as a new believer?

Observe Christmas or don't - your choice - but mind your own business - don't make up condemnation and judgment for those who do - hide on Christmas or whatever you want to do.

I Peter 2:1) 1 Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking

John 8:34) 34 Jesus answered them, "“Most certainly I tell you, everyone who commits sin is the bondservant of sin.

John 15:22) 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have had sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

James 5:20) 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death, and will cover a multitude of sins.

Ephesians 4:29) 29 Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for building up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear.

(Romans 7:23) 23 but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.

(Romans 8:7-8) 7 because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God’s law, neither indeed can it be. 8 Those who are in the flesh can’t please God.

All of this means absolutely NOTHING unless you are worshiping pagan gods with a little "g". Otherwise, any attempted prohibition of celebrating Christmas is by legalists who abuse the Holy Bible.

Commingling paganism with a Christian theme is NOT Christianity...it's something else.

(Ephesians 5:5) 5 Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God.

Repentance is essential for forgiveness and involves making the definite decision that from now on, you will seek to live to please God. (John 8:28-29, II Corinthians: 5:9). John the baptist said to those he baptised "Bear fruits worthy of repentance" Matthew 3:8. Jesus said to a woman Go and sin no more. John 8:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gear what are you talking about? Magnum is correct in that if we are celebrating Christs birth and not paying homage to some pagan god that is in fact no god at all then there is nothing wrong with that. If you think that you have some scriptural evidence to support that then you have erred into a legal insanity that Christ Himself came to free us from. Those are mans rules and have nothing to do with Gods truths nor do any of Gods commandments change. His commandments are not mans rules. As for putting one day over any other:

In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God. For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.

So it appears that you are making something out of nothing.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

gearedtogo

Servant
Dec 8, 2010
Salem, OR.
✟7,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm sorry if I was not clear. I do not have a problem with those that choose to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

What I was attempting to illustrate is that it is not scriptural in basis.

I also take issue of the Pagan elements within the traditions and practice of Christmas

The date of Christ's Birth was changed to December 25th to coincide with the Winter Solstice which is a pagan holiday in order to get heathens to adopt Christianity. The idea was to substitute Christ in place of the pagan gods.

So a lie was told in order to assist converting heathens into Christian's but that was okay right, because now these heathens are now worshiping God. But are they really?

The Heathens were allowed to keep their pagan rituals in place (the Christmas tree, etc) and observe their holy day so long as it was done in the name of God. It was a compromise done to appease the masses and satisfy the church. I thought that we are not to make compromise with sin.

Was this something that was mandated by God or was this a decision made by man? Is it okay to commit evil so long as it is done out of Righteousness?

If you think that you have some scriptural evidence to support that then you have erred into a legal insanity that Christ Himself came to free us from.

The point that I am making is that Scripture is clear about idol worship, etc. The Christmas tree is an aspect of pagan idolatry that is erected in honor of a false god. If I am incorrect, then someone please show me where in scripture it states the contrary.

If idolatry was not a big deal to God, then why did he break his covenant with Israel due to their repeatedly turning to false idol worship and observing the ritual and customs of the heathens?

Instead of recognizing this practice as a potential sin, everyone wants to justify it instead.

Many Christian keep justifying their actions in the name of God, however when I read the scripture, I keep seeing many instances where these actions are contrary to the Word of God. I am being told that we are no longer under the Law as Christians. However, there seems to be an awful lot of hypocrisy surrounding Christian teachings then.

We are told that pre-marital sex, homosexuality, etc are sins against God. These laws are all part of the body of Commandments handed down to us. How can we just pick and choose which ones to follow and enforce? These laws come out of Leviticus and Deuteronomy and are lumped in with Kosher dietary laws as well. I don't understand why we enforce to this day teaching against pre-marital sex, divorce, adultery, etc. and not follow also the very same dietary laws that all Jews including Christ Himself did saying "We are not under the Law". If Christ is supposed to be the example that we are to follow, in body, mind, and spirit, then it stands to reason that we should conduct ourselves in all aspects as humanly possible to the standards set by Christ. Christ did not eat pork. He observed the Jewish holidays. He definitely did not adopt pagan customs and rituals and incorporate into his teachings in order to win over the masses in service to the Lord God.

I believe that if it were the will of God to do these things, then he would have provisioned for it within Scripture.

When Comparing the Old and New Covenant I believe it is important to note that God will not work with a person who is defiled with sin. Therefore, I am assuming that in order for one to establish a new covenant with God, one must be in accordance with the conditions set by scripture. No where do I see that the New Covenant replaces the Law. It changes the circumstances for Salvation, but it still requires for us to maintain our bodies as temples as we are the body of Christ and a member of the Priesthood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trying to put Christians under Old Testament Levitical dietary laws is almost as silly as hinting there is something Biblical against the celebration of Christ's birth.

For those who want to put themselves under the Law, they make the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross in vain. They should also be aware that there are over 600 laws, and they must obey all of them if they want to be under the Law.

We're not under the law, rather GRACE. If we were under the Law, there would still be no Biblical prohibition against celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ. Those who abuse Scripture to say otherwise are making their own law.

Matthew 22:36-40 KJV Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 8:1-2 (KJV) 1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Galatians 2:19-21 (KJV) 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Judge NOT, especially those who are doing no wrong.

Speci030.gif

Upvote 0