Why is God allowing Satan and Demons to deceive people?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And it's the human's responsibility for being deceived. But who can blame them, when there is an evil genius tricking everybody?

How do we know how much distortion satan caused?

What if Satan infiltrated the education system and changed written history? The dictionary?

So when we read our bibles, our words may mean different things because what if satan changed the English dictionary?

How is a human going to catch every single fine detail?

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And it's the human's responsibility for being deceived. But who can blame them, when there is an evil genius tricking everybody?

Has more to do with the nature of man after the fall and the extent to which human nature is sinful. Touching every facility of what constitutes a human, self-deception is a natural inclination.

How do we know how much distortion satan caused?

Only to the extent God allows, and I do not know or cannot really explain why He allows to the extent and lengths He does, except to demonstrate His mercy and grace towards whosoever believes, we are evidences of His patience and mercy.

What if Satan infiltrated the education system and changed written history? The dictionary?

It is a good thing that written history is so plentiful and numerous, and in digital formats today. In the past evil men attempted to destroy the Bible, attempted to stamp it out of history, through mobs of book burning's, library burning's, and as much as was lost, the Bible survived their futile efforts thanks to the providence's of God. Make no mistake about it, satan has worked in educational systems for ages and ages.

So when we read our bibles, our words may mean different things because what if satan changed the English dictionary?

The Scriptures were originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek. Dictionaries of those languages are especially important, and here again thankfully there are a host of dictionaries and editions. The English dictionary I prefer, is the first English edition written by Noah Webster. I use an assortment of dictionaries though, and more specialized dictionaries for Bible study, one of my go to dictionaries is published by IVP, "New Dictionary of Theology", especially when I am seeking more in depth explanation of terms.

How is a human going to catch every single fine detail?

It's not so much catching every fine detail, as being open minded enough to God the Holy Spirit to being corrected, to not be so stubborn as to not be willing to listen and learn from others who also have been taught by God, who have already gone through the struggles of learning and demonstrate it through Christ centered knowledge and understanding helping others to grow in Christ.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is not allowing it. We did this. Adam and Eve. Listening to Satan gave him ALL our rights. This was OURS.. we gave it to Satan. When Satan tempted Jesus he said.. this was given/handed over to me.. I can give it to who ever I want.

Yet its only for a short time. Remember when Jesus cast out those demons? They said to Him..have you come to torment us before our TIME? <---theres a time limit on this. So if you look out into the world.. its getting crazier every day. How many times do we read in the word "don't be deceived". Keep your eyes on JESUS.. thoughts words actions. Read pray ALL the time. Never worry or have fear.. God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.

The sweet sweet Holy Spirit leads and guides us into all truth. We have the peace of God.. didn't GOD say in the OT...if you keep your mind on Him He will keep you in PERFECT PEACE! He cant lie

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God is not allowing it.

God is still allowing it for awhile...a long while. Somewhere in the future is when God will stop allowing Satan to rule the world.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Q. How is it that you can say, “Everything is God manifesting Himself,” and “Everything is His perfection,” when that is obviously not the case, since evil and death are rampant in the world? Do you just choose not to see what is before your eyes?

A. I do see what is before my eyes, which is God. Only His love. There is nothing else happening. His love manifests in Freedom; therefore there are vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor. The vessels of honor are those who freely live in the flow of His outgoing love, and the vessels of dishonor those who turn His love in them into an unquenchable fire of self-gratification, which is the devil. In the time of this world it seems as if these two are in contention with one another, and so they are, but that contention is orchestrated by the Lord, in that all things, including the interaction of light and darkness, work together for good to those who are the Elect, who are potentially all humanity.

Again, HE works all things after the counsel of His own will. Therefore, since His will is only Love towards us, and all things are worked according to His will of Love, I cannot see for the life of me that anything else is happening except that, and that whatever comes into my vision, good or evil, bitter or sweet, is nothing else but that, first and foremost. He is the Ground of All, whatever it becomes in its freedom....(more here
An Hypothetical Dialogue on Good and Evil

Upvote 0