Why is God all talk when you really need him?

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When you are suffering the most, God doesn’t lift a finger to do anything beyond telling you variations on it’ll be ok(God has a plan, will make things good, Healed/restored in heaven, etc.). Why when you need Him the most does He do NOTHING AT ALL to actually help you?

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.
Luke 6:12

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
matthew 26:41

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
Matthew 26:39

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
matthew 27:46

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
hebrews 12:2

11Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy. 12“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.…
revelation 22:11-12

"And you shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not,"
Deut 8:2
-----------------------

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
hebrews 13:5-6

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because God is not a painkiller.

Sometimes the pain is exactly what I need, though I totally hate it to be honest.
Yet that is exactly what he is doing. Painkillers don’t do anything about the source of the pain they just lessen it to comfort you. That is EXACTLY what God is doing. Not actually fixing anything, just trying to ease the pain. It changes NOTHING.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yet that is exactly what he is doing. Painkillers don’t do anything about the source of the pain they just lessen it to comfort you. That is EXACTLY what God is doing. Not actually fixing anything, just trying to ease the pain. It changes NOTHING.
The flesh actually seeks out painkillers naturally as a survival mechanism.

Over time, these mechanisms become dull in their effect.

When we stop relying on this, or learn how to, God can help fix the root problem a different way.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The flesh actually seeks out painkillers naturally as a survival mechanism.

Over time, these mechanisms become dull in their effect.

When we stop relying on this, or learn how to, God can help fix the root problem a different way.
Except God is trying to be the painkillers, He has no interest in fixing the underlying cause.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why when you need Him the most does He do NOTHING AT ALL to actually help you?

i reckon this is only true when you dwell in lies not when you are in His truth. For years i suffered suicidal depression and it seemed that God wasn't there and wouldn't help me. It wasn't until years later that suddenly i realised that i had been agreeing with the lies of my depression all along and was not in God's truth and therefore suffered such intense misery.

This had me devour God's word for years on end. To get to know His truth. Then i let His truth fight my battles for me and He gave me the ability to find good life out of my bad and rise above my depression.

i have a depressive illness. i still get depressed, but now i know God, and that makes all the difference. His loving truth is the best diet i ever been on. Each day i thank the Lord for deliverance, no matter how bad my depression gets satan can't get me into that pit again. i walk free a depressed person.

So it is incredible what God can actively do in our lives. He can replace a deeply hurting heart with a loving thankful one.

i would not say that you could say God doesn't do anything. He moves heaven and earth to get us into His safety but do we listen to His truth? Do we let His truth fight our battles? Or do we listen to the lies that sprout up in our minds and follow the powers of the air instead of God's Spirit of truth?

It is about leaving our bad life and clinging to His good life.

Peace.

Feasting My Good Life.
The Wicked captivated my truth
the truth of my heart and mind
and wound me around their lies
knotted me out of my own reality
into the dungeons of torture below.

Unable to unravel their cob webs
the wicked took control of my life
and brought much pain and misery
feasting on my God given good life
at the expense of my own welfare.

Yet when Christ light lit up my night
and i saw Him on the clouds of heaven
The Wicked sprung all their traps
thinking i was as good as dead
trapped in their nasty fowler's nets.

Yet the Lion of the tribe of Judea
killed the goats great and small
and set me free from their control
and gave me back my freedom in Him
feasting good times growing New Life.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i reckon this is only true when you dwell in lies not when you are in His truth. For years i suffered suicidal depression and it seemed that God wasn't there and wouldn't help me. It wasn't until years later that suddenly i realised that i had been agreeing with the lies of my depression all along and was not in God's truth and therefore suffered such intense misery.

This had me devour God's word for years on end. To get to know His truth. Then i let His truth fight my battles for me and He gave me the ability to find good life out of my bad and rise above my depression.

i have a depressive illness. i still get depressed, but now i know God, and that makes all the difference. His loving truth is the best diet i ever been on. Each day i thank the Lord for deliverance, no matter how bad my depression gets satan can't get me into that pit again. i walk free a depressed person.

So it is incredible what God can actively do in our lives. He can replace a deeply hurting heart with a loving thankful one.

i would not say that you could say God doesn't do anything. He moves heaven and earth to get us into His safety but do we listen to His truth? Do we let His truth fight our battles? Or do we listen to the lies that sprout up in our minds and follow the powers of the air instead of God's Spirit of truth?

It is about leaving our bad life and clinging to His good life.

Peace.

Feasting My Good Life.
The Wicked captivated my truth
the truth of my heart and mind
and wound me around their lies
knotted me out of my own reality
into the dungeons of torture below.

Unable to unravel their cob webs
the wicked took control of my life
and brought much pain and misery
feasting on my God given good life
at the expense of my own welfare.

Yet when Christ light lit up my night
and i saw Him on the clouds of heaven
The Wicked sprung all their traps
thinking i was as good as dead
trapped in their nasty fowler's nets.

Yet the Lion of the tribe of Judea
killed the goats great and small
and set me free from their control
and gave me back my freedom in Him
feasting good times growing New Life.
If depression alone were the issue, that would undoubtedly be helpful. I have real problems that require action not comforting words. The anger and depression are a byproduct not the problem.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
When you are suffering the most, God doesn’t lift a finger to do anything beyond telling you variations on it’ll be ok(God has a plan, will make things good, Healed/restored in heaven, etc.). Why when you need Him the most does He do NOTHING AT ALL to actually help you?
It could be (well, it actually is) that God knows what He’s doing and what He’s doing is ultimately for your good and His glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If depression alone were the issue, that would undoubtedly be helpful. I have real problems that require action not comforting words. The anger and depression are a byproduct not the problem.

i have learned to understand that God let things happen to us for us to learn from, once we have learned the lesson He wants to teach us we can move on not before.

So instead of being angry with God that it doesn't go the right way for you, ask Him humbly what He wants you to learn and see if things will change for you.

Remember Job? That is how it was for him. Once He learned the truth of God he repented from seeing things wrongly and accepted God's sovereign reign over His life and God's blessings could come down again.

Honest place yourself in His truth and walk it.
This is what the Lord told me when i admitted defeat.

Isaiah 30:15-21
"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.
You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’
Therefore you will flee!
You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’
Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
A thousand will flee
at the threat of one;
at the threat of five
you will all flee away,
till you are left
like a flagstaff on a mountaintop,
like a banner on a hill.”

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Learned the lessons:
1) God doesn’t care what is happening to you.
2) God cannot be relied upon for help.
3) God would rather you hate Him and curse His name than lift a finger to prevent that.

Since the lessons have been learned can we stop now?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Learned the lessons:
1) God doesn’t care what is happening to you.
2) God cannot be relied upon for help.
3) God would rather you hate Him and curse His name than lift a finger to prevent that.

Since the lessons have been learned can we stop now?
You need to repent.

• Informative
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because He is testing you.

• Informative
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
there's no where else for you to go, and time is slipping away while you pile up mountains of self-condemnation and unbelief to crawl over if you do wake up...

if you don't change, one day you'll stand before Him, and you won't be mouthing off then my friend. God is love, God's mercies are renewed daily for those who love him, God wants you to receive the help you're looking for - but you are the one who's all talk, and your words are choking your miracle

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the sign that the things not seen are true

God wants you to have faith, faith is believing in His provision, even when with your eyes you can not yet see it. Start to praise God that he has a plan for your good.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Still harping on this stuff, eh? Seems now like you're just trolling.

Look, God's greatest answer to any of your problems is Himself. He is better, higher, greater than anything in all of Creation. When you have God, you have the very best that can be given to you. And this is, then, why God often answers our prayers by offering more of Himself to us. He doesn't heal us, but He carries us along, comforting and strengthening us in our weakness with His presence; He doesn't make us wealthy, but gives us what we need just when we need it, keeping us close to, and dependent upon, Him; He doesn't save our loved ones from death but promises them life beyond the grave in eternity with Him. The amazing thing is, God gives us the best first, that is, Himself. He doesn't hold back but offers to us all a deep, rich joyful experience of Himself, the Greatest Thing In All Of Creation.

Hebrews 10:32-39
32 But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings,
33 partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated.
34 For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.
35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.

The early Christians underwent severe trials of faith, paying a terrible, and sometimes the ultimate, price for following Jesus. But they had their eyes set on eternity, on the eternal "great reward" who was God Himself, whom they would enjoy forever. And so, they "accepted joyfully" the loss of their goods for the sake of a better and lasting possession: their relationship with God.

36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

There is a price you pay for the attitude you've adopted toward your holy Creator. When you shrink back from Him, you lose out on fellowship with Him and all the incredible things He is in Himself and wishes to share with you. And if your current attitude is indicative of a false faith, a false conversion, you will find destruction awaiting you in eternity, not joyful communion with your Maker.

Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0