Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

C

conamer

Look at what is happening in Afganistan as a result of the accidental burning of some Korans. Can you imagine the same response by the West if some Bibles got accidently burned by Muslims?
Two GIs and over twenty others killed and the Prez apologizes for a few burned Qur'ans. How many died when the US Army burned bibles??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childofGod1

Aug 21, 2010
✟18,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians and Muslims can be friends. I work with several Muslims and find them to be just as friendly, nice, and civil as anyone else. To eliminate the fear and hatred of groups we don't understand, we must start at home. As a Christian, I am open to all friendships. I'm not exclusive.

While your friendliness is admirable, it's just as narrow minded to extend your friendly feelings about a few neighbors to all Muslims as it is to extend your fear of a few terroristic murderers to all Muslims. The problem with Islam is that it promotes terroristic behavior. This doesn't mean that every Muslim is a terrorist, but that there's very likely a higher percentage of terrorists within that group than another with more peaceful ideologies. (acts of terror around the world seem to bear this out). Extra caution and awareness are necessary when dealing with a group that's more dangerous on average. Simple.

Upvote 0

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Could there be more to it than just terrorism? As anyone who has served in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan knows, just because they're not shooting at you doesn't make them your friends.

And just becuase they arent your friends doesn't make them your enemies. Despite of what narcissitic and hybris thoughts people have a wast majority of the muslim world simply couldn't care less about you in the same way that the average person in "The West" doesn't care about the politics of Sri Lanka.

The rantings about some gigantic muslim conspiracy to take over the world is alittle to close to The Protocols of Zion for comfort really.

Upvote 0

Ernst Junger

Feb 19, 2012
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And just becuase they arent your friends doesn't make them your enemies. Despite of what narcissitic and hybris thoughts people have a wast majority of the muslim world simply couldn't care less about you in the same way that the average person in "The West" doesn't care about the politics of Sri Lanka.

The rantings about some gigantic muslim conspiracy to take over the world is alittle to close to The Protocols of Zion for comfort really.

but they are our friends and allies.

The Pennsylvania State Director of American Atheists, Inc., Mr. Ernest Perce V., was assaulted by a Muslim while participating in a Halloween parade. Along with a Zombie Pope, Ernest was costumed as Zombie Muhammad. The assault was caught on video, the Muslim man admitted to his crime and charges were filed in what should have been an open-and-shut case. That’s not what happened, though.

The defendant is an immigrant and claims he did not know his actions were illegal, or that it was legal in this country to represent Muhammad in any form. To add insult to injury, he also testified that his 9 year old son was present, and the man said he felt he needed to show his young son that he was willing to fight for his Prophet.

The case went to trial, and as circumstances would dictate, Judge Mark Martin is also a Muslim. What transpired next was surreal. The Judge not only ruled in favor of the defendant, but called Mr. Perce a name and told him that if he were in a Muslim country, he’d be put to death. Judge Martin’s comments included,

:cool:

Upvote 0
C

conamer

but they are our friends and allies.

:cool:
Not something the liberal media will cover I bet. Notice the judge said the attacker didn't know he couldn't assault someone "offending" Islam in America, how he bragged about what would happen to the atheist if he was in a Muslim country? Why this judge still has a job is beyond me.

Memo to sharia judge; this isn't Iran.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you ever heard of a man by the name of Osama bin Laden? Do you remember what happened in New York City on Sept. 11 2001?

Where you are from, exactly?

Tennessee. I remember 9/11. I also remember that it was proven that bin Laden had nothing to do with it and it was the Saudis and Pakistanis that were responsible for it.

Of course, one act doesn't justify fearing nearly two billion people. If that were the case, people in America should be terrified of Christians, because there have been far more acts of Christian terrorism in America than Muslim terrorism since 9/11.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Look at what is happening in Afganistan as a result of the accidental burning of some Korans. Can you imagine the same response by the West if some Bibles got accidently burned by Muslims?

We'd probably go to war with the entire Middle East.

Oh...wait...we have and are.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
http://prophetofdoom.net/Islam_in_Action.IslamI could be action like this and how Islam justifies it(Qur'an/Hadith), and how the people celebrate afterwards?

Oh, you mean like the unjust murder of Osama bin Laden without a trial, where American Christians not only danced in the streets, but praised the idea that he was burning in hell?

Or how Christians have justified the new Crusade on the Middle East with the Bible, allowing and praising the murder of innocent men, women, and children?

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islam_in_Action_Muslim_Burns_and_Murders_Girlfriends_Family.Islam

Coming from a Christian, that's rich. American Christians are the most intolerant people on the planet.

You Whiny Sniveling Little Atheists Are Pathetic! | On Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc. v. Brewer | Catholic Lane

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."
- Pat Robertson, who can't even be tolerant of other CHRISTIANS, let alone other religions or non-religions.

Robertson: Positive Atheism's Big Scary List of Pat Robertson Quotations

Are you just TRYING to be a hypocrite now? That article said things that were FAR tamer than what Christians (and you yourself, from the Anoka High thread) in the U.S. say and do. Heck, Santorum's even compared homosexuality in this country and the fight for equality to the War on Terror and 9/11 and has frightfully agreed with those that want to execute homosexuals.

Then there is the 1,400 year record of Islamic conquest.

For this standard are we ignoring:

1) Christianity's same record of conquest, and

2) The fact that the Islamic caliphates covered the countries they conquered in schools, libraries, and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet, and

3) The fact that Muhammad himself gave the Muslim armies rules for war like not torturing your enemies, not harming innocent men, women, and children, not destroying the land, the livestock, or the water sources, all of which led to the Muslim armies during that period being considered one of the most humane armies in human history?

By the way, did I mention that Pat Robertson committed a Nazi method in calling non-Christians "termites" (dehumanizing) and suggesting that we ought to "fumigate" (kill) them? Or that he said someone needs to set off a nuke in Foggy Bottom?

Sounds pretty terrorist to me.

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Islamic Scholar Scorches PA Mufti on Terrorism - Middle East - News - Israel National News

"Allah forbid, let's assume such a massacre happened, what would you do?" Oktar asked rhetorically. "You will again brew your shisha (nargila) and lie down, scratching your tummy. Do the Jews tell you not to read the Koran? Do they tell you not to establish the Islamic Union?" he went on, determined to make it clear that there is no source in the Koran that calls for murder of the Jews -- and no justification for it.

"You can go nowhere by bloodshed. All will inflict affliction upon you if you shed blood; you will simply be on a downward spiral of bloodshed," he warned. "Pull yourselves together. I address those who advocate murder. Jews are the descendants of prophets -- Allah pre-destined them as Jews," he emphasized. "They live as Jews. The Koran refers to them as the People of the Book...one cannot simply go and kill them."

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Museveni said:
And just becuase they arent your friends doesn't make them your enemies.

I'll reiterate my statement. Just because they're not shooting at you doesn't mean they're not your enemies.

Museveni said:

Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. At least not a single, giant unified one.

Now this article proves my point quite well. It's not the terrorists who threaten the West. The way that Westerners live their lives is offensive to Muslims, in innumerable ways. Islam's Shariah law is plainly at odds with the US Constitution and Western conceptions of liberty. That is the answer to the OP's question.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Now this article proves my point quite well. It's not the terrorists who threaten the West. The way that Westerners live their lives is offensive to Muslims, in innumerable ways. Islam's Shariah law is plainly at odds with the US Constitution and Western conceptions of liberty. That is the answer to the OP's question.

I can understand that a little better. We tend to fear that which we don't understand.

Of course, aren't they free to live their lives as they wish? Isn't that the whole point of democracy?

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh. Some people can't think through their fear to decipher the difference between the radicals and the sane members of the Muslim community. Or their radical themselves and just hate everybody who thinks differently.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, you mean like the unjust murder of Osama bin Laden without a trial, where American Christians not only danced in the streets, but praised the idea that he was burning in hell?

Or how Christians have justified the new Crusade on the Middle East with the Bible, allowing and praising the murder of innocent men, women, and children?

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islam_in_Action_Muslim_Burns_and_Murders_Girlfriends_Family.Islam

Coming from a Christian, that's rich. American Christians are the most intolerant people on the planet.

You Whiny Sniveling Little Atheists Are Pathetic! | On Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc. v. Brewer | Catholic Lane

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."
- Pat Robertson, who can't even be tolerant of other CHRISTIANS, let alone other religions or non-religions.

Robertson: Positive Atheism's Big Scary List of Pat Robertson Quotations

Are you just TRYING to be a hypocrite now? That article said things that were FAR tamer than what Christians (and you yourself, from the Anoka High thread) in the U.S. say and do. Heck, Santorum's even compared homosexuality in this country and the fight for equality to the War on Terror and 9/11 and has frightfully agreed with those that want to execute homosexuals.

For this standard are we ignoring:

1) Christianity's same record of conquest, and

2) The fact that the Islamic caliphates covered the countries they conquered in schools, libraries, and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet, and

3) The fact that Muhammad himself gave the Muslim armies rules for war like not torturing your enemies, not harming innocent men, women, and children, not destroying the land, the livestock, or the water sources, all of which led to the Muslim armies during that period being considered one of the most humane armies in human history?

By the way, did I mention that Pat Robertson committed a Nazi method in calling non-Christians "termites" (dehumanizing) and suggesting that we ought to "fumigate" (kill) them? Or that he said someone needs to set off a nuke in Foggy Bottom?

Sounds pretty terrorist to me.

Ah, the "Let's bring Christianity into a talk about ISLAMIC violence". Not a very solid argument. "Officer, everyone else was speeding too!" would not get you out of a ticket, so why do you suppose that bringing in Christian history makes Islamic history okay?

Upvote 0