• Total voters

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading some more posts I do agree about the medical cannabis stuff. I don't mind if it is taken or legit medical reasons. Like your have chemotherapy to fight off end cancer and what not. It truly does help those people. But most people I am told come up with any medical issue they can just to smoke it. Such as "Oh I strained my foot, I need weed!" or "I stubbed my finger, I need weed!" or "My head hurt a bit, I need weed!".

The rules really need to be changed so you have to have a very serious illness in which weed will legit help you with it. Such as the pain of cancer. In my case I was told it could help with my migraines and seizures. Not sure if thats true but I still wouldn't take it.

Reactions: 1gh2g3f4
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟679,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the original post.

I don't think that smoking marijuana is any worse than drinking and in fact is probably not as harmful. So I wouldn't say it is "sinful" or against Christianity. However, if feeling stoned or drunk feels better than your natural state, something is probably a bit out of whack. This isn't to say that nothing good can come out of altered states of mind, just that it shouldn't feel the best or be the norm. In short being drunk or stoned is a form of escapism. (I know this sounds like a cliché, but there is truth to it if one is honest.) On the positive side it might be escape from conventional thought, but for the most part it is escape from circumstances in your life, or a dulling of the emotional pain one often feels. Ideally getting to a point where Jesus feeds this need instead of drugs is preferable and is a more enlightened state of being.

So why I don't think smoking marijuana is inherently bad or evil, it is not the preferred state of being in the long term. Perhaps praying about it would give you some answers too, I'm sure Jesus will answer you and put into your heart His truth.

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading some more posts I do agree about the medical cannabis stuff. I don't mind if it is taken or legit medical reasons. Like your have chemotherapy to fight off end cancer and what not. It truly does help those people. But most people I am told come up with any medical issue they can just to smoke it. Such as "Oh I strained my foot, I need weed!" or "I stubbed my finger, I need weed!" or "My head hurt a bit, I need weed!".

The rules really need to be changed so you have to have a very serious illness in which weed will legit help you with it. Such as the pain of cancer. In my case I was told it could help with my migraines and seizures. Not sure if thats true but I still wouldn't take it.

this i can agree with because it stays within a sound doctrine... its not about being a drunkard.. not at all but only if this brings about a better quality of life that makes your life livable again (this is even talked about in Proverbs 31:6 who such things are for.)... dravet syndrome in children is the biggest one that pops out in my mind.... especially cancer too... i feel like we should look at these things that are covered in our bible... its not there for no reason or just a reason of saying no its not for you... it says to be of a sober mind... sure it does say that dont it.... but what kinda mind do you have in anguish and pain??? it surely isnt on the things of god and heaven when you are like that..... so yes our weak flesh does need aid... if this wasnt so... then why do we have food medicine and doctors... someone might say oh welll you need food to survive..... well i can give some examples of parents that have got their child to start speaking and never heard the first word from their child because of dravet syndrome where without it the child would die from the seizure/.... we have to step outside of our own worldly comfort zone.. surely this would be the easiest way to take on one another's burdens... to push for advocating for those in need of it..

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
now lets see what Acts 10:11-15 says... He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

wow that kinda takes the blows away the jewish mindset because of the fulfillment of the law that jesus did..
You are missing one very important part on this, and that is Peter's own intrepretation of the vision:

Acts 10:28
And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

It had nothing to do with food.

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is a great point.... but i think you are subjecting gods will down to a singular thing...
im not sure since we was told to go and preach the gospel to all of creation... is that not exactly what it says? and if thats true what is all of creation? everything god created is not to be called unclean or common.. (just like when god finished making the world and everything in it he called it what? VERY good.) now there is the other side of this that paul had to speak about... in the church saying that you say that everything is permissible.. but not everything edifies.. im sure you remember this... you look at the that video... and tell me take that medicine away from that child and let her regress and die slowly and you tell me how that edifies the body of christ anyone here..... go on anyone tell me where the edification is at... where is the love at... where is the compassion... what is one of the 2 greatest commandments... one of them would be to love your neighbor as yourself.... if this medicine helped your child not die... and a traditionalist christian came along to voted away your child's medication from a plant that GOD made... you tell me in great detail how this edifies the body of christ and i will back down walk away from this and never say anything else about it.... fact is this you can not do that with love its impossible..

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is reminding me of the new and old wine skins...... until we can gather the church into the true 5 fold ministry of god.. and we have all the gifts of the spirit working in the church unified in oneness this is what we will have to do until that happens... in other words until we get healers profits pastors teachers and jesus unified in the body of christ... this is what we will have to do.. the other side of this is healing dont seem to always take place... (the thorn in peters side... thomas who had frequent stomach illnesses)
these things were not healed... and paul himself said to drink a little wine for that... he didn't say get drunk everyday... nope... he referred to it as a medicine not something you take to just get wasted... know the difference.... people... anything can be abused... we can abuse cheese burgers and it will kill you.. and it will not edify you... you can drink 6 liters of water in one sitting and it will kill you.. then it does not edify you..... everything in moderation.. why dont we see these obvious truths? you take your child and get them inoculated with vaccines... do you know what a vaccine is? its a small does of the very thing you try to prevent to boost your immune system.. everything in moderation... even a sickness can be bent to our will to do good....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but i will also you that very thing to defend my stance but my stance comes from my own illnesss... im a combat war veteran of opperation iraqi freedom.. i suffer with ptsd as a soldier..

Were you a pot smoker before you went into the service?

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when god said that every green plant bearing seed will be for your food would everyone here agree that it was for nourishment? how many people here know about the human body and the endocannabinoid system? (yes thats right cannabinoid) it is receptors in your brain that are made specifically to accept those things called cannabinoids.... hemp and cannabis has it (i know of no other plant that does).... you say that it is wrong... but if it is wrong why did god made every mammal on earth have this? surely god is not wrong but it is us who is again... definition of nourishment - the food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nope... can you answer my questions now?

Patience. :)

show me where it was i before i mentioned that... i could have missed it.

Post 32.

And keep in mind here, you said no one here is quoting scripture but you? Just because you quoit scripture with an opinion that goes along with it, far from means that scripture is saying what you say it says.

IOW that is only you "saying" scripture substantiates what you are promoting here so I wouldn't read all you seem to be from you quoting scripture while others are not..

And a quick example of what you are ding with quoted scripture, is the scripture indicating "everything is good" so that must mean it's OK to smoke pot for whatever reason. Just one of a million examples why that is not a valid point is Hemlock....God created it, and it's good but you ingest it and you die. Because something is good in general doesn't mean it validates it's use in any way we choose. A brick wall can be "good" but that doesn't mean we should beat out head against it till we die, arguing "But it's good" all the while. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Patience. :)

Post 32.

And keep in mind here, you said no one here is quoting scripture but you? Just because you quoit scripture with an opinion that goes along with it, far from means that scripture is saying what you say it says.

IOW that is only you "saying" scripture substantiates what you are promoting here so I wouldn't read all you seem to be from you quoting scripture while others are not..

And a quick example of what you are ding with quoted scripture, is the scripture indicating "everything is good" so that must mean it's OK to smoke pot for whatever reason. Just one of a million examples why that is not a valid point is Hemlock....God created it, and it's good but you ingest it and you die. Because something is good in general doesn't mean it validates it's use in any way we choose. A brick wall can be "good" but that doesn't mean we should beat out head against it till we die, arguing "But it's good" all the while. :)

you have taken me completely out of context... for one ive never advocated for the smoking of it... god said that every green plant bearing seed will be for food... and we can all agree that means nourishment... and the definition of nourishment i have already said before... and it does have to do with well being and health... (i would advocate for tinctures and oils and edibles just to clarify) now moving on from this too "saying" scriptures... okay this is me trying to convince you without my own words but it seems not even my words, gods creation, or gods word can convince you so your mind is made up... in this way you have killed more than you save.. (in fact i would challenge you to find me what you have saved.. and how being against this has edification to the body and i will have my rebuttal and i think you know what that would be... also i never said its okay to smoke pot for whatever reason.. no in fact thats the opposite of what i advocate.. i said do it for edification.. seriously count the number of times ive used this word... while im at it.. lets define edification... since that is the word he used and that is the verse i used... and ill say it again and then define it...
"1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." what he was talking about here to be specific.. was this (but it fits many point he used this to make the people think and not just go and do as the will) what was happening here a son was taking his fathers wife in marriage.. this was indeed a sin.. so what would you say to these people dont do that its a sin.. or would you educate them as not have to hover over them and be like no thats a sin no thats a sin... thats not a sin... no he wasnt going to do that he needed to give them something so that they could think for themselves.. so lets break it down by the numbers... "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient" what is the definition of expedient... (a means of attaining an end, especially one that is convenient but considered improper or immoral.) (this is the noun form as it would be an action here and there..) "all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" now lets define edification - (instruct or improve (someone) morally or intellectually.) now lets put alll this together... all things are lawful for me.. but not all things that convenient are not improper or immoral... all things are lawful for me but not all thing improve morally or intellectually... so in conclusion... if taking this plan as a medicine one can indeed improve your quality of life in such a way that you are actually ABLE to read the word of god and able to worship him because of you have life and life without idk seizures or pain or the many other things that it can help treat.. then it does INDEED edify... no one can disagree with this.. seriously no one with a sound mind can disagree with this.... my only TRUE worry is the very thing that you said i want... isnt that ironic? let me tell you what that is... is that someone is to see me as a christian knowing that i take a edible cannabis for ptsd (but without knowing that i take it as a medicine) they would be so embolden to do it themselves without a a reason.. thats really my only worry... now as for everything else.. it is fine... but i feel like education is needed here.. but people are dying and suffering... and the very people ie YOU who want to take away that medicine just so that you feel better about yourself... offer nothing better in return and in fact nothing at all... you then destroy and not build up and in this way.. it is not from god.. because love does no harm..

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this lack of love and compassion for your neighbor is just one of the reasons why the youth are leaving the church in droves... there are many many many other reasons but for now i will use this an example because it is us who are called to do different and it is within our hands to do so.... yet we continue to choose a uncircumcised heart in such a that reminds me of Proverbs 14:12

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But most people I am told come up with any medical issue they can just to smoke it. Such as "Oh I strained my foot, I need weed!" or "I stubbed my finger, I need weed!" or "My head hurt a bit, I need weed!".

Exactly...let's just cut to the chase here, pot is being pushed as legal for no medical reason at all, under the guise it's being legalized for medicinal purposes only. You got bad pain, you get prescribed narcotics, you don't push for legalization of pot that will eventually be allowed without prescription and for recreation.

This medicinal nonsense is "mostly" about legalization for recreational use. Sure, there are a very few things where the need may be legit but a same scenario with narcotics doesn't end in narcotics being legal fore recreational use, so why with pot?....

....Because they are easing it in as legal, but the bible still condemns it. It's an end time thing, where things were once made clearly legal and known as evil, they will be cut loose and evil will abound "As in the days of Noah".

We can't stop it, but we don't have to condone it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you have taken me completely out of context... for one ive never advocated for the smoking of it... god said that every green plant bearing seed will be for food... and we can all agree that means nourishment...

What exactly have I taken out of context?

I said we cannot "all agree" all green plants are for nourishment, and why. I gave facts and it steps all over what you claim but you seem to be ignoring it.

Again, what did I take out of context? Unless you can be precise, I'll have to take it you are creating an illusion I'm taking something out of context, because if you are not specific, I have no other real choice *but* to think that.

Upvote 0