• Total voters

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My feeling is people who use weed worship it. Why do I say that? Because they use weed to calm down, to feel relaxed....etc. Why not turn to God for calm, serenity and happiness? Using weed means you chose weed to replace God for your comfort. And I'd say the same for those who drink alcohol, smoke cigs...etc. Referring to those who need it all the time of course, not those who lets say have a drink like once or twice a year. Granted I don't drink period.

Now the argument about God created everything on earth for us to use (the garden..etc) I have heard before too. But if that was the case then why do we not eat mushrooms that act like LSD right before it kills us? After all if God created it then its ok to do right?

I'd also argue if weed is illegal where you live, then you are not allowed to use it according to the bible. We are to follow mans laws unless they interfere with His laws. So if mans law says no weed, then we have to obey it. Its often to hard to talk to people who do weed because it puts them in a numb cloud that they don't often realize they are in. Which is why many who stop weed realize how numb they were when using it.

Recreational use of weed also violates the christian value of sobriety (1 Thessalonians 5:6–8; Titus 2:2, 6; 1 Peter 4:7). Also lets remember the Garden of Eden. The devil also told us to eat whatever we want, its ok, it won't be bad. I think you get what I am hinting at.

Actually there is a good article here about weed and Christianity:
Can Christians Smoke WEED? | Geeky Christian

first thing im going to disagreeing with in your support is the smoking of cannabis.. it is better as a medicine if it is eaten not smoked..

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if our obviously critical thinking is not resolved with this world within the word of god we will lose heath and souls because of our hate... pray for these gifts of healing if you are against this because these are the greatest gifts... if any of you have this... message me privately

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if our obviously critical thinking is not resolved with this world within the word of god we will lose heath and souls because of our hate... pray for these gifts of healing if you are against this because these are the greatest gifts... if any of you have this... message me privately

hate will not fill the void of pain... and therer for sense no one can argue this with the word of god... or even just with druckardness that ive mentioned in the bible then why are you here?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is something i am unfamiliar witha bout rules and there should be no off topics as long as the topic is sincere....... this isnt about anything but correction of misplaced convictions so this verse is why i did this.. and so should anyone that is ready to defy it.. 1 Peter 3:15 this is good and it is in the best place for this topic... it is under debates...

I got no problem with it at all...it's something that needs discussing.

Reactions: 1gh2g3f4
Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got no problem with it at all...it's something that needs discussing.
exactly.... it need to be discussed to find the truth... be it me being wrong!! or the others... its not the flesh and blood i fight against... but the what???? exactly... i am in search of the truth... by the word of god... thank you sir for that... now lets be noble and search the scriptures for the truth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
can anyone that voted why not give their reasoning?

OK, you asked for it. :)

If you aren't already aware of all this, lets start with the term Pharmacy, and most relevant, just take note of the word I bolded in the following...simply the Greek for seller of drugs:

phar·ma·cy
ˈfärməsē/
noun
noun: pharmacy; plural noun: pharmacies

a store where medicinal drugs are dispensed and sold.
the science or practice of the preparation and dispensing of medicinal drugs.

Origin
late Middle English (denoting the administration of drugs): from Old French farmacie, via medieval Latin from Greek pharmakeia ‘practice of the druggist,’ based on pharmakon ‘drug.’

You can verify all over the net if you wish, and where the term pharmacy, or those who sell drugs comes from? "Sorcery". True, "Pharmacy" is for legal drugs in this day and age, but still, it's very relevant where the term came from and what it meant back then when the sorcerer was the drug dealer.

Next...this from the Strong's Concordance on pharmakeia:

"Lexicon :: Strong's G5331 - pharmakeia
φαρμακεία
Transliteration
pharmakeia

Pronunciation
fär-mä-kā'-ä (Key)
Part of Speech
feminine noun

Root Word (Etymology)
From φαρμακεύς (G5332)
Dictionary Aids

Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry
KJV Translation Count — Total: 3x
The KJV translates Strong's G5331 in the following manner: sorcery (2x), witchcraft (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

the use or the administering of drugs

poisoning

sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
†φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft."

Still with me? Ok...good. Now that you know what it is, (drug dealers/sellers were the sorcerers) and you probably already know where I'm going with this, but let's get to that biblical proof you wanted:

Deuteronomy 18:10-12(KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Again, you probably already know, but see the term Wizard here as bolded from the prior verse, and what it means. And following the wizard defintion, I even quote the same from the ESV, where they actually use the term sorcerer, instead of Wizard.

wiz·ard
ˈwizərd/
noun
noun: wizard; plural noun: wizards

a man who has magical powers, especially in legends and fairy tales.
synonyms: sorcerer, warlock, magus, (black) magician, necromancer, enchanter; archaicmage
"the wizard cast a spell over them"

The ESV version I mentioned:

Deuteronomy 18:10–12 (ESV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone xwho burns his son or his daughter as an offering,5 anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or cone who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

I'll get to some of your interpretations from the Bible, and the "medicinal" part later, but until then, check me out on all that to make sure I'm being truthful. And again, there is so much more on it out there for the searching.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, you asked for it. :)

If you aren't already aware of all this, lets start with the term Pharmacy, and most relevant, just take note of the word I bolded in the following...simply the Greek for seller of drugs:

phar·ma·cy
ˈfärməsē/
noun
noun: pharmacy; plural noun: pharmacies

a store where medicinal drugs are dispensed and sold.
the science or practice of the preparation and dispensing of medicinal drugs.

Origin
late Middle English (denoting the administration of drugs): from Old French farmacie, via medieval Latin from Greek pharmakeia ‘practice of the druggist,’ based on pharmakon ‘drug.’

You can verify all over the net if you wish, and where the term pharmacy, or those who sell drugs comes from? "Sorcery". True, "Pharmacy" is for legal drugs in this day and age, but still, it's very relevant where the term came from and what it meant back then when the sorcerer was the drug dealer.

Next...this from the Strong's Concordance on pharmakeia:

"Lexicon :: Strong's G5331 - pharmakeia
φαρμακεία
Transliteration
pharmakeia

Pronunciation
fär-mä-kā'-ä (Key)
Part of Speech
feminine noun

Root Word (Etymology)
From φαρμακεύς (G5332)
Dictionary Aids

Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry
KJV Translation Count — Total: 3x
The KJV translates Strong's G5331 in the following manner: sorcery (2x), witchcraft (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

the use or the administering of drugs

poisoning

sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
†φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft."

Still with me? Ok...good. Now that you know what it is, (drug dealers/sellers were the sorcerers) and you probably already know where I'm going with this, but let's get to that biblical proof you wanted:

Deuteronomy 18:10-12(KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Again, you probably already know, but see the term Wizard here as bolded from the prior verse, and what it means. And following the wizard defintion, I even quote the same from the ESV, where they actually use the term sorcerer, instead of Wizard.

wiz·ard
ˈwizərd/
noun
noun: wizard; plural noun: wizards

a man who has magical powers, especially in legends and fairy tales.
synonyms: sorcerer, warlock, magus, (black) magician, necromancer, enchanter; archaicmage
"the wizard cast a spell over them"

The ESV version I mentioned:

Deuteronomy 18:10–12 (ESV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone xwho burns his son or his daughter as an offering,5 anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or cone who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

I'll get to some of your interpretations from the Bible, and the "medicinal" part later, but until then, check me out on all that to make sure I'm being truthful. And again, there is so much more on it out there for the searching.

yea,,,,,,, umm Matthew 9:12 that was easy...
jesus affirms that medical treatment is good.... remember how paul told timothy to drink wine for his illness... paul did not tell him to do witchcraft now did he..

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

im not talking about the recreational use of this... im talking about the medical......... you can take your prescribed pain killers in a false way... you can take something good made and ordained by god and use it the wrong way... im not looking at the high school answers for this but biblical truths.... not interpretations... i gave you scripture.. and not a SINGLE person here gave one scripture of any kind... none..... all the answers are fleshly and then they also speak against the good creation of god.... when he himself says call nothing unclean.... does that mean that you cant make it unclean? nope... you can... you are doing a fine job trying already.. (this is an example in front of your eyes..) sooo stop doing that by your own understanding and give scripture with your understanding of that... lets go and look at the infallible word... we are not infallible.. and i don't want that... ive gave you mine give me yours... and lets not be like the pharisees that would not listen to the scripture but make up their own minds.... tell me who was called the noble ones in the new testament... be like this.

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2017
Donegal
✟8,596.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quoting, " God saw all that he had made, and it was very good " .
He made lions too, would you stick your head in ones mouth, maybe if you were
on something that messed up your way of thinking.
He made trees, do you see anyone eating trees, a bit sore on the teeth I would imagine, now they are good, but not for ingesting, so God clearly made a lot of
things that are not for injection.

God indeed made a good world, adam and eve made a mess of things,
so did God intend them to require drugs, because after all there was no sickness,
until man did his thing, so did God provide drugs for man.

Given God made everything on this earth, and he gave us free will, then it is up to each of us to decide what we take from God's garden,
we should be able to take what we require to live, but not that which is bad for us,
I would take this drug if it helped an illness I had, but I would take it with the understanding that it does not contravene God's directives regarding our bodies
being temples, in other words, they are to be kept clean, taken care off, not abused through excessive consumption and greed.

But for people who take this drug for any other reason, they do so at the mercy of God, and they will be held accountable for all their actions while on this drug, and for their part in encouraging others to use it, by what ever means whether it be advertising or supplying it.

So yes, for medicinal purposes, and no in all other circumstances, but don't use the bible to promote it in any event, as none of us can be certain God intended for us to use drugs, He did not make us sick, we brought sickens on our selves.
God sees and knows what is in our hearts, he will judge us all according to our actions, am I sick and will this drug help me, or am I just interested in taking drugs, get it right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0