Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That doesn’t really answer the question.

How? How are they moving like they do? What’s the mechanism?
One word.... God.

The same God that teaches every single pair of Orioles to build a sack like nest. Or, tells ALL the cowbirds to kill the babies in another birds nest and lay it's eggs there in their place and allow the other bird to raise it's young.

Or, tells every single dolphin mother to push it's baby deep deep deep into the depths to train it's lungs for long times of holding it's breath.

Or, the Sea Otters to hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

Or, water to contract until 4 degrees C as it cools and then... start expanding as it cools below 4 degrees C.

Or, a snow flake to have six sides.

Or, told you, as a young child that it was wrong to pull your sisters hair, yank a toy form some other child's hand or eat a cookie when your parents told you not too.

ALL of this is God's blueprint. ALL of this is written in the DNA of us and the animals.

This IS my Fathers world. It boggles my mind as to why professing Christians won't accept it.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The Van Allen radiation belts are indeed a serious hazard to any astronaut spending an extended time within them. All the earth orbit manned missions' including the international space station are well below this radiation hazard. However, the manned missions to the moon had to transit the VA belts both outbound and inbound. A lethal radiation dosage is 300 Rad in one hour. At the time of these missions the VA belts had been well mapped out in terms of radiation intensities. The Apollo mission's average speed through the belts was about 25,000 km/hr for a transit time of about 53 min each both outbound and inbound. Each transit would have resulted in crew members receiving about 12 Rads of radiation. So each astronaut on each complete Mission would have received about 24 Rads or about 8% of a lethal dose. Is there a risk? Yes, but it was a calculated risk. All such voyages of exploration were calculated risks. Some never came back. Lief Erikson, Christopher Columbus and Ferdinand Magellan did. Well, Magellan died in the last leg of the journey home, but his crew did make it back with his records. They were all calculated risks. That is how human progress takes place. The risks may vary but they are all risks.
The funny thing is, NASA actually confirmed the belts in the first place (they’d been suspected to exist for some time, but I’m sure that makes no nevermind to flat earthers)

So they made up an obstacle to the program, then just faked it anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Van Allen radiation belts are indeed a serious hazard to any astronaut spending an extended time within them. All the earth orbit manned missions' including the international space station are well below this radiation hazard. However, the manned missions to the moon had to transit the VA belts both outbound and inbound. A lethal radiation dosage is 300 Rad in one hour. At the time of these missions the VA belts had been well mapped out in terms of radiation intensities. The Apollo mission's average speed through the belts was about 25,000 km/hr for a transit time of about 53 min each both outbound and inbound. Each transit would have resulted in crew members receiving about 12 Rads of radiation. So each astronaut on each complete Mission would have received about 24 Rads or about 8% of a lethal dose. Is there a risk? Yes, but it was a calculated risk. All such voyages of exploration were calculated risks. Some never came back. Lief Erikson, Christopher Columbus and Ferdinand Magellan did. Well, Magellan died in the last leg of the journey home, but his crew did make it back with his records. They were all calculated risks. That is how human progress takes place. The risks may vary but they are all risks.
But, today, the whole mars mission is halted as they try to work around something that was not a problem in the 70's.

I don't buy it.

There is far far too much evidence, video and taped interviews of the errors in the continuity of this science fiction/reality series show from the 70's.

In fact, it was the first "That 70's Show". Total farce... and the US citizens are paying NASA 53 millions of dollars a day to keep the hoax flying.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
One word.... God.

Again, that doesn’t really answer the question. How, exactly, are they moving?

You say there’s a flat earth model. Models explain things.

The same God that teaches every single pair of Orioles to build a sack like nest. Or, tells ALL the cowbirds to kill the babies in another birds nest and lay it's eggs there in their place and allow the other bird to raise it's young.

Or, tells every single dolphin mother to push it's baby deep deep deep into the depths to train it's lungs for long times of holding it's breath.

Or, the Sea Otters to hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift apart.

Or, water to contract until 4 degrees C as it cools and then... start expanding as it cools below 4 degrees C.

Or, a snow flake to have six sides.

Or, told you, as a young child that it was wrong to pull your sisters hair, yank a toy form some other child's hand or eat a cookie when your parents told you not too.

ALL of this is God's blueprint. ALL of this is written in the DNA of us and the animals.

That’s nice. Irrelevant, but nice.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The funny thing is, NASA actually confirmed the belts in the first place (they’d been suspected to exist for some time, but I’m sure that makes no nevermind to flat earthers)

So they made up an obstacle to the program, then just faked it anyway.
People on the Space Shuttle took this craft out to 400 miles. They saw streaks of light with their eyes closed... Actual interviews with astronauts from the 70's never recalled this, admitted that they had no idea that these belts were there and were very ignorant of the facts in regards to this area when questioned.....

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
But, today, the whole mars mission is halted as they try to work around something that was not a problem in the 70's.

When have they said the Mars missions are halted specifically because of the Van Allen belts?

From what I understand, it’s mostly just a cost/benefit issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
People on the Space Shuttle took this craft out to 400 miles. They saw streaks of light with their eyes closed... Actual interviews with astronauts from the 70's never recalled this, admitted that they had no idea that these belts were there and were very ignorant of the facts in regards to this area when questioned.....
Really?

Can you link these interviews?

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again, that doesn’t really answer the question. How, exactly, are they moving?

You say there’s a flat earth model. Models explain things.

That’s nice. Irrelevant, but nice.
I don't know what you are looking for.

If the earth is flat, and there is a dome over top, and it sits on pillars not moving, and, just beyond our visible sky, is God Himself...and the stars, planets, sun and moon are in the firmament, moving across our sky....

Then........

I think that the statement that God is how it all works... should be suffice.

You probably have heard of the "Book of Enoch". Many argue as to it's respectability in relation to the canonized scripture.

However, even as a reference book, which reinforces the biblical scripture, it states that all heavenly luminaries have a specific path and circuit that was given to them by God. And, they must follow this path.

Remember, these heavenly lights are not random. They were put there, by God, "for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years"

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When have they said the Mars missions are halted specifically because of the Van Allen belts?

From what I understand, it’s mostly just a cost/benefit issue.
The cost of fitting the space craft with sufficient shielding of the Van Allen belts is one of the major obstacles.. . It's not a secret, NASA has all kinds of YouTub presentations that highlight this huge obstacle that was not a sniff of a problem in the 70's.

It's actually quite comical, and at the same time, sad, to see a nation so asleep to the money being drained from them... for the perpetuation of a farce.

• Winner
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't know what you are looking for.

An actual explanation.

If I ask you how a TV is made and you reply ‘Sony made it’, that doesn’t really answer the question.

If the earth is flat, and there is a dome over top, and it sits on pillars not moving, and, just beyond our visible sky, is God Himself...and the stars, planets, sun and moon are in the firmament, moving across our sky....

Then........

I think that the statement that God is how it all works... should be suffice.

Not if you want to have a working model.

You probably have heard of the "Book of Enoch". Many argue as to it's respectability in relation to the canonized scripture.

However, even as a reference book, which reinforces the biblical scripture, it states that all heavenly luminaries have a specific path and circuit that was given to them by God. And, they must follow this path.

Doesn’t really explain anything.

You can just say you don’t know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Can you link these interviews?
They have all been posted before.

If you cannot do even this much research, on your own, it's no wonder why you believe what you do.

That is the big problem of today. People hear and accept. They never question. They are taught NOT to question. Ridiculed, condescended and discredited if they question or "heaven forbid" contradict the main line lies.

You obviously have intelligence.... You obviously have a computer, keyboard and internet.... Take some time and do some of your own digging....

Others here will know it's not hard and very eye opening.... if you want to see, that is.

• Agree
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The cost of fitting the space craft with sufficient shielding of the Van Allen belts is one of the major obstacles.. .

I’ve never heard it mentioned in the Mars discussion before.

It's not a secret, NASA has all kinds of YouTub presentations that highlight this huge obstacle that was not a sniff of a problem in the 70's.

There were papers about it in 1950’s.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
They have all been posted before.

Where?

If you cannot do even this much research, on your own, it's no wonder why you believe what you do.

If you’re referencing these interviews, surely you have some knowledge of them.

I’ll make it easier, then. Who had the interview? What publication? Just a shred, point me in the right direction.

I really don’t think it’s asking too much. If it’s so easy to find, why can’t you give any specifics?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
An actual explanation.

If I ask you how a TV is made and you reply ‘Sony made it’, that doesn’t really answer the question.

When you tell me how water expands after being cooled beyond 4 degrees C.

Or, how a monarch butterfly, that hatched as an egg, in Mexico, flies to the exact field where it's parents hatched from eggs themselves.

Or, How a beaver is so annoyed by running water that it makes a damn that is an engineering marvel.

Or, how a root grows down and the stem grows up, when any seed germinates.

Or, how all paper wasps know how to make paper...

Then I'll tell you how the stars move across the sky.

Not if you want to have a working model.

As an intelligent person, how is "everything exploding from nothing" a working model?

How is order from chaos, not contradicting every working system in the universe, which is always order moving to chaos?

The globe model, and the FE model both, are not perfected models.

Doesn’t really explain anything.

You can just say you don’t know.

Have I not been saying that all along?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
When you tell me how water expands after being cooled beyond 4 degrees C.

Or, how a monarch butterfly, that hatched as an egg, in Mexico, flies to the exact field where it's parents hatched from eggs themselves.

Or, How a beaver is so annoyed by running water that it makes a damn that is an engineering marvel.

Or, how a root grows down and the stem grows up, when any seed germinates.

Or, how all paper wasps know how to make paper...

Then I'll tell you how the stars move across the sky.

I asked you first.

[quote{
As an intelligent person, how is "everything exploding from nothing" a working model?[/quote]

This is just evasion on your part.

The globe model, and the FE model both, are not perfected models.

There is no FE model. As you’ve shown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I’ve never heard it mentioned in the Mars discussion before.

If they had papers, in the 70's, nobody told the astronots......

NASA will continue to give updates on this "Mars Mission". Meanwhile, it will just suck up trillions of dollars that could be spent on infrastructure, health care, education, or any number of problems the US has... Including it's ever growing dept.

And, they will never go there. OH,, well maybe......... with Sandra Bullock as the star and producer.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
If they had papers, in the 70's, nobody told the astronots......

So you claim.
NASA will continue to give updates on this "Mars Mission". Meanwhile, it will just suck up trillions of dollars that could be spent on infrastructure, health care, education, or any number of problems the US has... Including it's ever growing dept.

NASA hasn’t take a trillion dollars in their entire history.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I asked you first.

[quote{
As an intelligent person, how is "everything exploding from nothing" a working model?

This is just evasion on your part.

There is no FE model. As you’ve shown.
Sorry, "I asked you first" is for grade 5.

The answer to your question is in the answering of my questions.

You cannot explain any of the things that I have mentioned... Just as you cannot explain how the stars move... or any of the hundreds of mysterious but observable and repeating events here on our own earth.

Oh, by the way, I did sneak in an easy one... and you missed it..

The whole "roots grow down and stems grow up" Yeah... that's already a very simple phenomenon that I learned in grade 12 biology.....and... you missed it...

So..... you're on your own.

God bless.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Sorry, "I asked you first" is for grade 5.

The answer to your question is in the answering of my questions.

No, it’s not.

You cannot explain any of the things that I have mentioned...

Irrelevant.

Just as you cannot explain how the stars move... or any of the hundreds of mysterious but observable and repeating events here on our own earth.

Oh, by the way, I did sneak in an easy one... and you missed it..

The whole "roots grow down and stems grow up" Yeah... that's already a very simple phenomenon that I learned in grade 12 biology.....and... you missed it...

Again, if you don’t know, just say it.

This tap dancing isn’t needed.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I don't buy it.

It is really quite simple. The moon mission was just a matter of days while a Mars mission will take months. If there is a major solar flare during that time period the radiation hazard could be quite severe. Some way of protecting the crew will need to be worked out.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0