United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Sometimes it’s the juxtaposition in time of two seemingly unrelated events that causes the mental tumblers to fall into place, bringing a previously semi-conscious insight to the surface and making it seem stunningly obvious....

Continued below.
Why Greta, not Boris, may be the right way to assess Francis's political impact
Actually Boris winning provides me a tiny bit of encouragement. Not that I'm all pro-Boris, but that the Brits, who seem to have gone loco in so many ways, are willing to take a tiny step back from the edge. My view of British society is that it has been going downhill rapidly, as with Australian and Canadian and NZ and American society. Maybe enough people could decide to hit pause, and maybe even rewind. Maybe the future isn't for the woke crazies after all, gone mad and bent on destroying everything.

I agree that Greta is a Francis kind of person, or that Francis is a Greta kind of person. But lots of the electorate in the English speaking world aren't that kind of person. They are more careful and less eager to throw western civilization in the trash.

The environment, fine. I started a recycling program way back in high school. I drive a Prius. I live simply. I have LED light bulbs and a setback furnace in a small house. My boat is a sailboat, with an electric trolling motor for when the wind dies. I've read McLean's paper on the Terminal Mesozoic Greenhouse Event way before Big Media ever figured it out and well before global warming became a religion unto itself. It makes sense to tread lightly on the earth.

But the absolute panic of the Gretas of this world, that as of a year ago we only had twelve years of life left on this planet, that's whacked. It mostly pushes suicides among young adults and teens. That and the whole LGBTQWERTY thing steamrolling us to deny basic biology. I'm a tiny bit hopeful that enough is enough and that some people see that the emperor has no clothes on after all.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

All that, of course, is to say nothing of the fact that despite the pope’s “walls are not Christian” line during the 2016 campaign in the U.S., Americans still elected Donald Trump – who won, by the way, with considerable Catholic support.

I consider this stance to be totally bizarre. Here is a link to a Google street view of Vatican City. As you can see, Vatican City is surrounded by a very high wall. Are the Pope's walls Christian, while everyone else's walls are un-Christian?

I think it's most probably an innate human characteristic to build walls and fences. And there is at least one Bible verse that I can think of that suggests God never intended for the kind of open-borders, no-walls, free-for-all migration that is advocated by self-styled 'progressives'.

In the book of Acts, Chapter 17, verse 26, we read:

From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
From the article:

I consider this stance to be totally bizarre. Here is a link to a Google street view of Vatican City. As you can see, Vatican City is surrounded by a very high wall. Are the Pope's walls Christian, while everyone else's walls are un-Christian?

I think it's most probably an innate human characteristic to build walls and fences. And there is at least one Bible verse that I can think of that suggests God never intended for the kind of open-borders, no-walls, free-for-all migration that is advocated by self-styled 'progressives'.

In the book of Acts, Chapter 17, verse 26, we read:
The pope's walls are Catholic walls, of course, and thus the most Christian of walls. You are in the Catholic Forum of Christian Forums, OBOB. I know you will act accordingly as our guest.

That little inconsistency, the high and rather thick walls of the Vatican, and the Swiss Guard border patrol for good measure, has been pointed out here several times. It is amusing. I think we can safely consider his statement about walls to be just a personal opinion with no requirement that we do a thing about it until the pope first tears down his own walls and then considers how he likes having no walls.

In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?

Upvote 0