✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
test, sorry.

Upvote 0

Soldier_For_Christ

Warrior, Servant, and Defender of Christ
Oct 10, 2004
Earth
✟21,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, but the only advice I can give is that this is a test that God sees that you will be made stronger through. However, I do think that this phrase may mean something to you: It is something that I heard from a poem once: It takes life (trials) to love Life (good times). I am quite confident that you will emerge stronger from this. Do you wish for me to pray for you?

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore.
Lukewarm Christians will be spit out of Christ's mouth. :(
my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight,
I can't gain any...is that wrong?
I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it.
God laughes at no man's suffering. God wants all to be saved.
this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
:) Who is man to question God and say to Him, "Why?" Job did this, and as soon as he got God's answer, he repented readily. Job repented for asking why. Who can know God's mind? Why be a Christian? Why did you become a Christian? For a better life? Paul pointed out how much he suffered for Christ! I am a Christian because I need to be right with God. I gladly accept His sacrifice to pardon my guilt of sin. I didn't come to the cross for the world for as soon as the world turns, then God appears to disappear. You have followed God with the world in mind and the world has turned. Is it God's fault? No! That's life! We live in a fallen creation and suffering is a part of it. Go to God for righteousness! You need to be clean on the day of judgment, or you will be judged according to your works. Christianity isn't about happiness; it's about righteousness.

Upvote 0

Cabes

Dec 24, 2004
Newcastle
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
butxifxnot said:
Christianity isn't about happiness; it's about righteousness.

Woah! hold it right there brother!!

Christianity is about the GOSPEL. It is about what God has DONE for us. We can be overjoyed in this yeah?!! Everyones a sinner, no-ones perfect! we're all going to sin in the future because we're HUMAN, not perfect beings like the Almighty. He has sent his spirit so we can be filled with it and bear fruit. The Gospel is because of God's Grace. Jesus, has done away with sin past, present and future. Hey Outcast, God Loves you more than you can ever imagine. If you were the only one on this planet, Jesus still would have gone through what he did just for YOU. You are Gods child and nothing can ever take that away from you.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cabes said:

Woah! hold it right there brother!!
Why? Jesus was said to be a 'Man of sorrows'. He wasn't happy. That's like saying the survivors of the Titanic tragedy were happy. They had joy unspeakable! But to say that they were 'happy' that they were saved while others sank to their deaths is a poor choice of words!

Christianity is about the GOSPEL. It is about what God has DONE for us. We can be overjoyed in this yeah?!! Everyones a sinner, no-ones perfect! we're all going to sin in the future because we're HUMAN, not perfect beings like the Almighty. He has sent his spirit so we can be filled with it and bear fruit. The Gospel is because of God's Grace. Jesus, has done away with sin past, present and future. Hey Outcast, God Loves you more than you can ever imagine. If you were the only one on this planet, Jesus still would have gone through what he did just for YOU. You are Gods child and nothing can ever take that away from you.
To call that 'happy' is not the right phrase. Joy yes. But happiness? I cry for those who are going to hell every single day. Jesus did not call us to be happy; he called us to be righteous!

Upvote 0

anna9559

Dec 7, 2004
✟6,339.00
Faith
Christian
I agree that blaming God for all the problems we go through is not the right answer and the way out! It is not possible for God to be laughing at you, you and the rest of us are His creation and He loves us so much that he sent His own and only Son to die for our sins. The tough times we go through are just temptations that strengthen our faith and hope in God. The only true friend i ever had was Jesus, for a long time it may seem He isn't listening to us, but He's always there to help us! I'll pray for you!

Upvote 0

wardpossy

Warrior For Christ
Jan 6, 2005
Indiana
✟1,331.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Sunday school class has been studying one book of the Bible each week. Beginning with Genesis, we are looking at the theme, structure, and uniqueness of each book. Little did I realize that two women in my class were eager to get to the book of Job. They are nurses who daily confront the problem of human suffering, and they are often asked hard questions about God's role in it.

All too often the explanation for suffering is similar to that expressed by Job's three friends who came to sit with him. One after another, Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar told Job that he deserved the suffering because of his sin. The young observer Elihu came along and told Job the same thing.

The real reason Job was suffering was that Satan, the leader of the fallen angels, was trying to get him to turn from God. Because Satan cannot dethrone the Lord, he opposes Him by attacking His followers (1 Peter 5:8). He strikes at God by tempting us to sin.

One reason for suffering, therefore, is that it's part of a larger, cosmic struggle. During hard times, we face the choice to trust God or to turn from Him. If we endure suffering with our trust in the Lord unshaken, we will thwart Satan's efforts and glorify our God. —DCE

How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,
I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul. —Cushing
When your world is shaking, run to the Rock.

Warrior In Christ, Jeff

Upvote 0

wardpossy

Warrior For Christ
Jan 6, 2005
Indiana
✟1,331.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Sunday school class has been studying one book of the Bible each week. Beginning with Genesis, we are looking at the theme, structure, and uniqueness of each book. Little did I realize that two women in my class were eager to get to the book of Job. They are nurses who daily confront the problem of human suffering, and they are often asked hard questions about God's role in it.

All too often the explanation for suffering is similar to that expressed by Job's three friends who came to sit with him. One after another, Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar told Job that he deserved the suffering because of his sin. The young observer Elihu came along and told Job the same thing.

The real reason Job was suffering was that Satan, the leader of the fallen angels, was trying to get him to turn from God. Because Satan cannot dethrone the Lord, he opposes Him by attacking His followers (1 Peter 5:8). He strikes at God by tempting us to sin.

One reason for suffering, therefore, is that it's part of a larger, cosmic struggle. During hard times, we face the choice to trust God or to turn from Him. If we endure suffering with our trust in the Lord unshaken, we will thwart Satan's efforts and glorify our God. —DCE

How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,
I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul. —Cushing
When your world is shaking, run to the Rock.

Warrior For Christ, Jeff

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.