JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that Adam and Eve were real people. I believe that the story represents 'loss of innocence', that is the point in human development when we began to act deliberately rather than instinctually.

I will also question what you say. Read the following:

Mark 10:5 But Jesus responded, “He wrote this commandment only as a concession to your hard hearts. 6 But ‘God made them male and female’[b] from the beginning of creation. 7 ‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife,[c] 8 and the two are united into one.’[d] Since they are no longer two but one, 9 let no one split apart what God has joined together.”

As for the theory that God wanted Adam and Eve to sin, I do not believe that is the case. God knew what would happen, yes. God allowed them to make the choice to allow sin to become part off their lives, yes. God was glorified finally by Christ coming and defeating sin's block between us and God, yes.

But I want to make an important point. That is the story of Job. Job loved God. In the story, God does not want Satan to take everything from Job, but he allows it, and I believe it is to show two things mainly. One is Satan thought he could easily take away Job from God, but Satan was wrong, and another is that through anything, God can finally be glorified if we seek Him.

In rewards it is easy to thank God, but in suffering it is not. yet in suffering we can learn humility. We can learn perseverance, we can learn patience, we can learn to trust God. I do not believe God intended for us to sin, but he allowed Adam and Eve to sin, just as he allows us, because he knows if we are truly seeking, or truly desire to serve God, we will, whether we do it first or later.

Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that God didn't WANT Adam to sin (but that He knew that it was inevitable at some point in his life and so He let it happen). And even before creation, the plan of redemption was already ready for future time.

Some people say: "we have a free will, period."
But if we have a total free will (always), then how come Jesus said: JOH 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

(We are dead, how can we see or hear if we are dead?)

How come Acts 13:48 says: When the Gentiles heard this, ...all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

ROM 11:7 What then? What Israel sought so earnestly it did not obtain, but the elect did. The others were hardened...

God is calling many people through the Gospel, but only a few get saved, those who are chosen:
MAT 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."

In response to the post that said: "we have a free will", and "Israel had to reject Him in order for Gentiles to be saved"

Are you saying then that God MADE Israel reject Him in order for the Gentiles to be saved? Or are you saying that Israel was nice enough to reject Him on their own, just by coincidence?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.