dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why give to the needy, or to anyone who asks? (Matthew 5:42) Why does God want us to give away our hard earned money?
Perhaps to remind us that it's not *our* hard earned money, but that it's His. We are merely managers of His money, and He wants us to give His money to those who need it.

Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why give to the needy, or to anyone who asks? (Matthew 5:42) Why does God want us to give away our hard earned money?
So other people less fortunate than you can live with the dignity you take for granted.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To teach the giver how to love others as God loves others AND
because they desperately need it

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order that we live in imitation of Him....that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Matthew 5)

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

James 3:13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.

Add to your signature and seek to practice.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I am only a Stewart of all these things God has given to me house, money, nice vehicles, beautiful view, beautiful wife, sponsorship of a few children in South America, tithing at our local church and other Ministries etc. etc..

We give what's in our hearts and (feel blessed) that we can.

M-Bob

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

So that God can give us a compassionate heart, so much so, that it will be like our left hand not knowing what our right hand is doing, and that the more we give in this manner, the more joy God will pour into us, and that joy ties right into a thankful heart, and both are simultaneously present when we give in this manner.

We can never ever "out-give" God.

'Tis true.

I've tried, and HE wins EVERY time.

(I was just meditating on this this morning. Thank you for this thread).

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
James 3:13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.

Add to your signature and seek to practice.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am only a Stewart of all these things God has given to me house, money, nice vehicles, beautiful view, beautiful wife, sponsorship of a few children in South America, tithing at our local church and other Ministries etc. etc..

We give what's in our hearts and (feel blessed) that we can.

M-Bob
Thanks Bob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Here is another reason. This world is passing away.

1 Corinthians 7:29 What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; 30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So that God can give us a compassionate heart, so much so, that it will be like our left hand not knowing what our right hand is doing, and that the more we give in this manner, the more joy God will pour into us, and that joy ties right into a thankful heart, and both are simultaneously present when we give in this manner.

We can never ever "out-give" God.

'Tis true.

I've tried, and HE wins EVERY time.

(I was just meditating on this this morning. Thank you for this thread).

:)
Thanks brinny, you're welcome.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0