Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
luckynugget said:
Ok there was a thing called Noah's Big Flood. If you study on that a little bit it will answer all your questions.
We have studied. Geology says it didn't happen. Next question?

You wont though because you are scared or you will stick your nose up at me and say that I am now talking about stories and that I can't prove itI really don't want to type it all out cause it takes way to much time.
You have nothing. Admit it.

Just read it for yourself. Don't say that I am avoiding to answer the question because I don't know the answer, but guess what I do. I am just tired of your ignorance and this isn't going to go any where.
You are ignorant and a liar.
And you're not even all that good at it.

3: Punctuation is still your friend.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"[ 3:19 Job 5:13] ; 1 Corinthians 3:19

Is this the way you repay the LORD , O foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, Deuteronomy 32:6
"Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he holds to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods on facts which they themselves have learned from experience and the light of reason?" St. Augustine, Confessions.

Upvote 0
luckynugget said:
Ok there was a thing called Noah's Big Flood. If you study on that a little bit it will answer all your questions. You wont though because you are scared or you will stick your nose up at me and say that I am now talking about stories and that I can't prove itI really don't want to type it all out cause it takes way to much time. Just read it for yourself. Don't say that I am avoiding to answer the question because I don't know the answer, but guess what I do. I am just tired of your ignorance and this isn't going to go any where.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"[ 3:19 Job 5:13] ; 1 Corinthians 3:19

Is this the way you repay the LORD , O foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, Deuteronomy 32:6
Hi Lucky,

You seem to be saying that if someone accepts Evolution (and the Big Bang, which is not part of the Theory of Evolution) then they must be an atheist.

If this is what you are saying, I think you should have a look a many of the posters in this forum. A majority of Christians accept Evolution as being true.

As for your earlier statements, much of what you have said seems to be based on things that are mistaken. As an example, the Big Bang (which is cosmology, not Evolution (biology)) does not state that a spinning speck of matter exploded. The Big Bang was a singularity which expanded very rapidly - like an explosion, but not an explosion. It wasn't spinning. Furthermore, the planets were not formed until billions of years after the initial inflation of the universe.

Cheers,
Prax

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
And what does your shaky-handed painter have to do with the ignorance of the educated? I'll tell you: NOTHING. It is irrelevant. Quit the hand waving.
Someday you will learn to think in abstact terms. In the mean time I guess your stuck with rote memorization.

Upvote 0

funyun

aude sapere...sed praeterea, aude esse
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
✟4,544.00
Faith
Atheist
luckynugget said:
Personally I think evolution was doomed to begin with cause it's not true and a really stupid idea. There is no scientific evidence for evolution. Evolution is not science it is a religion. Like creationist say in the begining there was God the evultionist say in the beginning there was a speck of dirt. Evolutionist say that a speck of matter came out of no where and started spinning and spinning untill it exploded and made all of the planets. Well there is a big problem with that first of all they are saying that nothing exploded and made everything (is that logical) and that there is a law of nature that goes against this speck of dirt spinning and then exploding. If you get a 5th graders on a mary go round and get the whole foot ball team to come out and spin the kids clock wise the kids will start going faster and faster and faster untill the fall off and go flying untill the hit a tree but when they go flying the will be spinning clock wise. If you look at the planets there are planets spinning different ways where as if they had exploded from that speck they should be spinning all the same way but they aren't. There are many many many many more scientific reasoning that disproves evolution. Evolutions have no proof for anything and should not be called science.

:help:

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
notto said:
Evolution is the best theory for the biodiversity of the planet and explains our observations at both a genetic level and of the fossil record. Life in the past was much different than life alive today. Evolution explains this observation.

Whatever you are going on about, it is NOT evolution.
Your opinion is widely understood.
Again - to what end?
What relevant truth can be gleaned from your observation?
It appears that those proponents of this theory for biodiversity seem to harbor much angst against those of us who accept that biodiversity was a design.
I commend your abilities to utilize your personal need for moral superiority to attack my questions. But it still doesn't answer them.
I guess that your position is your theory is better than mine. OK. Maybe a bit playground-esk but I'll bite.
So. To what end?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
Someday you will learn to think in abstact terms. In the mean time I guess your stuck with rote memorization.
Perhaps you can explain your analogy. Remember Johnny, it's the teacher's responsibility to make sure the students learn.

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Pete Harcoff said:
This is all fine-and-dandy, but it's philosophical/theological in nature and not scientific. Like I said, in order for science to work and scientific theories to have any validity whatsoever, one cannot arbitrarily invoke an arbitrarily defined divine being. Because then all you'd end up with is a mess of competing theories full of invocations of divine beings with no way to tell them apart.
(On a clean slate - agreed):)

While it may make you sleep better at night knowing that a pretty sunset is the result of God's work, it doesn't negate the physical properties behind it.

Likewise, just because you think that God ultimately created all life on Earth, doesn't negate biological evolution as an explanation for life's diversity.
OK - so your position is that Evolution merely explains why animals seem to come in different shapes and sizes and some with oposable thumbs?
It has no Theological implication whatsoever?

I guess I am not so naive as to believe that man is anything but theological in nature. After all you don't see monkey's drawing on the walls of caves about creation vs. evolution. The drive to understand this diversity is at it's core a desire to understand existence. If you can't agree on that - I guess there is really no persistent debate between us.

Upvote 0
T

The Bellman

luckynugget said:
Ok there was a thing called Noah's Big Flood. If you study on that a little bit it will answer all your questions. You wont though because you are scared or you will stick your nose up at me and say that I am now talking about stories and that I can't prove itI really don't want to type it all out cause it takes way to much time. Just read it for yourself. Don't say that I am avoiding to answer the question because I don't know the answer, but guess what I do. I am just tired of your ignorance and this isn't going to go any where.
No, there was NOT a thing called Noah's Big Flood. It's been studied and looked into...and found to be false. It didn't happen.

And please, when you have shown a great deal of ignorance about science in general and evolutionary theory in particular, it's a bit ridiculous for you to be calling others ignorant.

luckynugget said:
Irrelevant, since this thread has nothing to do with atheism. It's about science.

luckynugget said:

Ridiculous verses which can be used to dismiss any knowledge man has obtained. Hey, it's worldly wisdom which built the computer you're using...and it's foolishness in God's sight. Better stop using it right away!

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
w81minit said:
Your opinion is widely understood.
Again - to what end?
What relevant truth can be gleaned from your observation?
It appears that those proponents of this theory for biodiversity seem to harbor much angst against those of us who accept that biodiversity was a design.
I commend your abilities to utilize your personal need for moral superiority to attack my questions. But it still doesn't answer them.
I guess that your position is your theory is better than mine. OK. Maybe a bit playground-esk but I'll bite.
So. To what end?
It's not my theory. It is the theory of mainstream science that is backed by thousands of hours of research, thousands of pages of published study, thousands of pieces of evidence. It is accepted by 99.99 % of scientists the world over whether they are Christian or not. I think I'll stick with the theory of evolution instead of your theory, which you seem to be rather reluctant to discuss.

You asked what the theory of evolution is. I gave you an answer. You seemed to be mistaken by just what the theory is. How do you know it is wrong if you don't even understand what it really is. As to it's ends, I answered that as well. It is the best explaination we have for the biodiversity of the earth. Nothing more, nothing less.

You seem to be just another 'science BAD!!!' poster who doesn't understand much about what you are criticizing. This is not good science or good theology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Chi_Cygni said:
No you haven't and so I think you are bearing false witness.

No but it seems to help.

Science isn't about proof. Are you sure you have studied? Remember that false witness thing?

No what you did is regurgitate a piece of child like nonsense you heard from some whacko Creationist website.

Please do not bear false witness, it is so un-Christ like of you.

The odds you know anything about thermodynamics are truly mind boggling.

Heard of Gibbs Free Energy? Thought not.

Are you even 16, it seems more like 7. What the heck definition of evolution is this. Do you have parents? Ask them for help, quick!
This has nothing to do with thermodynamics.

Well at least you have one cartoon down pat.

You wouldn't know science if it knocked on your front door in the next 10 seconds.

You are truly a product of the American High School system or perhaps even better home school brainwashing.

Some may think this reply is unkind, well you have to be cruel to be kind.
Ahh... The preditor and its prey. The one law evolutionists and creationists can agree on: there is always some pedantic, self aggrandizing, sniper whose sole purpose in forums is to bash the arguments of those people over whom they feel superior.

Nicely done. It is a scientific experiment proven every time its tried.

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Pete Harcoff said:
...I bet all these people who complain about evolutionary theory probably have no problem with (or no idea for that matter) that they may be enjoying medical or agricultural advancements as a result of said theory.
Are you saying that the study of evolution has produced agriculteral advancements. Or was it botany?
Is there a line between them, or are they one in the same? Is all science kind of a grey area road that ultimately leads to evolution?

I guess I don't understand.

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Physics_guy said:
The fact that you use such amazingly poor arguments show that you will likely not listen to any of the answers. It is a shame you show no interest in learning anything about science so early in life, but I guess the world will always need some ditch diggers.
^_^ That is good. I guess then your example of a strong argument begins with: if you do not pursue science you're going to be a ditch digger.

Me like :yum:

It is impressive how you worship your intellect. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
w81minit said:
Ahh... The preditor and its prey. The one law evolutionists and creationists can agree on: there is always some pedantic, self aggrandizing, sniper whose sole purpose in forums is to bash the arguments of those people over whom they feel superior.

Nicely done. It is a scientific experiment proven every time its tried.
Thanks. Did you remember to rep me, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
The Bellman said:
No, there was NOT a thing called Noah's Big Flood. It's been studied and looked into...and found to be false. It didn't happen.

And please, when you have shown a great deal of ignorance about science in general and evolutionary theory in particular, it's a bit ridiculous for you to be calling others ignorant.
This is especially good. Look how this sniper doesn't set the prey up at all. Instead with a quick thrusting maneuver he slams his foot into his own mouth. Ooopps! It has been proven that there was no flood?

At one time popular science believed the world to be flat and even that Sun revolved around the Earth. Later we found that our concept of life was far smaller than we understood. Is it not possible for us to be on that same path? Is it not possible that once we understand nearer to 50% of the knowledge of the universe that we might laugh at our ancestors for believing such drivel as previously pontificated?
Yes, we are proud aren't we? We will even take the giant leap into (without sourcing) calling the idea of a noahican flood rubbish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
w81minit said:
This is especially good. Look how this sniper doesn't set the prey up at all. Instead with a quick thrusting maneuver he slams his foot into his own mouth. Ooopps! It has been proven that there was no flood?

At one time popular science believed the world to be flat and even that Sun revolved around the Earth. Later we found that our concept of life was far smaller than we understood. Is it not possible for us to be on that same path? Is it not possible that once we understand nearer to 50% of the knowledge of the universe that we might laugh at our ancestors for believing such drivel as previously pontificated?
Yes, we are proud aren't we? We will even take the giant leap into (without sourcing) calling the idea of a noahican flood rubbish.
Eh, because it is rubbish falsified over 100 years ago by christian ministers themselves. Look through the different pages of this subforum, its been falsified so many times its considered a PRATT(point refuted a thousand times). As Arikay would say it "we aren't your lackies and laziness is no excuse".

Upvote 0
Hi w8,

We can actually say, with complete confidence, that a global flood as described in the Bible did not take place.

To compare this with beliefs about flat-earthism and geocentrism is missing the mark a bit, since it is many years of careful study by Bible believing Christians that led them to the conclusion that Noah's flood was not historical fact.

Flat earthism and geocentrism were not the result of scientific study, so to call it popular "science" is really applying a label that is inappropriate.

Cheers,
Prax

Upvote 0
T

The Bellman

w81minit said:

There was no Noachian flood. It didn't happen, as has been repeatedly demonstrated, by scientists of all types, including many Christian ones. Sorry if you don't like that, but attacking me won't change it.

Actually, from reading this thread, you seem to have a tendency to attack people, rather than actually address any of the issues. A shame. The ad hominem forum is down the hall.

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
Self Improvement said:
Eh, because it is rubbish falsified over 100 years ago by christian ministers themselves. Look through the different pages of this subforum, its been falsified so many times its considered a PRATT(point refuted a thousand times). As Arikay would say it "we aren't your lackies and laziness is no excuse".
So I guess your argument would be because you accept it that means I should too. Lemmings - all of them. :)

Actually - I will look to see what I can find on this forum about just that. It is of particular interest to me because of this scripture: (forgive the repetition, I'm sure you've heard it before)
2 Peter 3:4-6: And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

Upvote 0

w81minit

Sep 1, 2004
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
The Bellman said:
There was no Noachian flood. It didn't happen, as has been repeatedly demonstrated, by scientists of all types, including many Christian ones. Sorry if you don't like that, but attacking me won't change it.

Actually, from reading this thread, you seem to have a tendency to attack people, rather than actually address any of the issues. A shame. The ad hominem forum is down the hall.
My tendancy is to call it like I see it. I have on several occasions (including this one) merely pointed out the other side's argument.
You attack someone and I point out that you did it. You say that I am now attacking you. I have no reason to attack you provided you don't mistake your superior argument with verbal assault.

- And please, make sure the argument is sound if that is what you require of others.

Upvote 0