Why don't Churches and other religious groups fund more Creation/ID research?

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Originally Posted by AV1611VET
Jesus didn't raise Lazarus from the dead?
He did. I just bet he did it WITHIN the universal physical and chemical laws as mandated by God when he made the universe... not with magical pixie dust

Upvote 0

moogoob

Resident Deist
Jun 14, 2006
✟16,082.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
CA-Others
I said He is not confined to science. When did science become a law?

When God made them law as he created the universe, billions of years ago. God's laws are the laws of nature, I (and other Deists) believe that only by studying and understanding them through science we can truly begin to know God.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One simple question.

Why don't Churches and other religious groups fund more Creation/ID research?

Umm... because it isn't a need, isn't a salvation issue, and BOTH C&E aren't even areas that will produce irrefutable proof of what had occurred.
Let the evolutionists spend all the money, no sweat off my brow... unless I'm funding it through taxes. :doh:

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Umm... because it isn't a need, isn't a salvation issue, and BOTH C&E aren't even areas that will produce irrefutable proof of what had occurred.
Let the evolutionists spend all the money, no sweat off my brow... unless I'm funding it through taxes. :doh:
You are :wave:

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
We don't need to spend money to see that humans rule over the animals, each species breeds its own kind, and we certainly don't need to spend money to see the difference between humans and animals! ^_^ I'm sorry that evolutionists have to do lab and field work to try to figure that out. But even with all the money they spend, evolutionists still claim that apes can breed humans and humans are apes. :eek: Now that's wasting money. ^_^

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I realize that.
I suppose I should have hinted my tongue-in-cheek.

I suppose it comes down to the prudence portion of the DoI:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Just like my previous reasons for not putting excessive funds towards Creationism, the funds wasted toward Evolutionary theories that I end up paying is to-date, sufferable. :sigh:

Upvote 0

JoyforJESUS

Jesus Others Yourself
Nov 28, 2006
Cumberland Maryland
✟42,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Acording to Christian teaching, God can control everything including life and death. God can create life, why can't he restart it?

Who said "God Can't Restart it?" As it seems that you do not believe that God did not start it, then even if God Choose to Restart Life YOU WOULD NOT LIKELY BELIEVE IT!

It is apparent that GOD Choose to Create Life one time! As a Christian, when I invite Christ, into my heart I am BORN ANEW!

Upvote 0

JoyforJESUS

Jesus Others Yourself
Nov 28, 2006
Cumberland Maryland
✟42,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And yet Jesus never used the Bible as a source for quotes in the place of inteligent, reasoned conversation
"Do you think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but fulfill." Matthew 5:17
This is just one of 24 times that Christ quoted "Old testament" scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We don't need to spend money to see that humans rule over the animals, each species breeds its own kind, and we certainly don't need to spend money to see the difference between humans and animals! ^_^ I'm sorry that evolutionists have to do lab and field work to try to figure that out. But even with all the money they spend, evolutionists still claim that apes can breed humans and humans are apes. :eek: Now that's wasting money. ^_^
OK smarty... how come tigers and lions can interbreed?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Do you think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but fulfill." Matthew 5:17
This is just one of 24 times that Christ quoted "Old testament" scriptures.
That doesn't look like hes quoting scripture instead of using his brain and thinking though, does it?

Upvote 0

JoyforJESUS

Jesus Others Yourself
Nov 28, 2006
Cumberland Maryland
✟42,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't look like hes quoting scripture instead of using his brain and thinking though, does it?
But it was a direct quote of scripture. Do you need the other 23?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry mate... hes REFERING to scripture... not quoting it directly...

but my actual gripe is with people who quote scripture as though that is sufficient argument, without actually displaying any deeper understanding

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...and humans are apes. :eek: Now that's wasting money. ^_^

Have you ever seen an ape? There are many zoos across the planet. Better yet do a Google Image search and see what an ape looks like! They really do look a lot like humans.

Of course, if you go by bible-taxonomy, bats are birds and there are 4-legged insects and rabbits are cud-chewing animals...so I suppose complaining about humans being primates is just another drop in the ocean of confusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When God made them law as he created the universe...

I agree.

moogoob[/quote said:
...billions of years ago.

I disagree.

moogoob said:
God's laws are the laws of nature, I (and other Deists) believe that only by studying and understanding them through science we can truly begin to know God.

Then please learn this: the laws of nature changed in Genesis 3 to what they are today.

Upvote 0

JoyforJESUS

Jesus Others Yourself
Nov 28, 2006
Cumberland Maryland
✟42,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay lets try this one: Luke4:14-21

Go read it yourself...it says he read from the prophet Esaias... he found where it was written,

Upvote 0