Why don't Christians practice what they preach?

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One big reason many people decide to stop being Christians is they only witness Christians acting badly, showing off a lot of hate and disrespect despite believing God is love and the commandment, "Love your neighbor as yourself," that came straight out of the Lord's mouth. These people are right sometimes, like when talking about Christians voting for someone who was known to rape girlfriends while married, paid them to have abortions, and abandoned his own kids, instead of a sexually moral pastor who would do whatever it takes to help girls and women not need or be paid to get abortions. While a lot of Christians in Georgia were voting for the sexually immoral candidate, Christians nationwide said sex education should never be taught in schools. Not just LGBT sexuality, but also all contraception, which obviously would prevent hundreds of thousands of abortions every year, and sexual anatomy. So instead of following through on their verbal condemnation of abortion, they endorsed it on Election Day. And it is true that many Christians get abortions despite knowing it is a sin. The same is true for many other Christian issues and I will address them later. I am starting with this one because it is the most obvious and hypocritical example of Christians not practicing what they preach.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you asking why Christians participate in politics or why Christians support politicians that you personally have a problem with?

I am asking why Christians don't follow through on their own philosophical and moral ideals that are 100% Biblical.

If you vote for someone who raped girlfriends while married, paid them to get abortions, and abandoned his own children, as a Christian, you are not practicing what you preach because voting for him is endorsing three sins you tell people and believe are wrong.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am asking why Christians don't follow through on their own philosophical and moral ideals that are 100% Biblical.

If you vote for someone who raped girlfriends while married, paid them to get abortions, and abandoned his own children, as a Christian, you are not practicing what you preach because voting for him is endorsing three sins you believe are wrong.
Is a vote for someone whose done bad things an endorsement of their life and everything they've done? Or is that you are voting for someone who promises to act in your interests? I mean it's obvious you're talking about Trump who actually gave the Pro life Christians a win unlike establishment politicians.

I presume you consider it guilt free to vote for Biden who supports and encourages abortion/LGBT openly in contradiction to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
That's because many are NOT real Christians (Christ ones, anointed ones)
see how Jesus verifies real believers (mark 16v16+ cant get these ALL of, without doing it GODs way ! = acts 2 v38)

most just acknowledge Jesus is the son of God and that's it !? see church (people not a building) start acts 2v4,10v46, 19v6 etc.

legends in there own mind ,supplanting true Christianity with some Humanitarianism ie

give your heart lungs kidneys to God !? no no if I confess (which they don't ! it means to agree with or say the same as ;see mark 16v16+ etc),no faith, no grace, for God so loved the world...If you believe GODS way see acts 2v38, mark 16+ etc

It is no wonder people are so far of the mark.. (the blind lead the blind and both fall)

eg Children of Israel, yeah you get us out of this Egyptian mess and your the man , bring it on ! so...after many miraculous demonstrations they are freed and while Moses is on the mount just 40 days mind you, he comes back down to see them party hard and lets go back to Egypt with this idol which represents or God !!(they still do today with many idols and icons .. oh yes BUT..no buts with God no Idols..anyway) can you imagine how far of the mark 1500 plus years when Jesus arrives to sort this muck up !! and how much farther 200o years after him has man made up lots of rubbish.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟90,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you vote for someone who raped girlfriends while married, paid them to get abortions, and abandoned his own children, as a Christian, you are not practicing what you preach because voting for him is endorsing three sins you tell people and believe are wrong.
By that standard, anyone you vote for will be an endorsement of sin. Deception (false weights and measures- Proverbs 20:23), Favoritisim James 2:3-4 character assassination Exodus 20:16 are all evident in the current administration.
I don't vote for a Sunday School teacher. I support someone who will defend the citizens of the country, and legislate through the filter of the constitution. The person representing those things will probably be a "sinner".

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is a vote for someone whose done bad things an endorsement of their life and everything they've done? Or is that you are voting for someone who promises to act in your interests? I mean it's obvious you're talking about Trump who actually gave the pro life Christians a win unlike establishment politicians.

I presume you consider it guilt free to vote for Biden who supports and encourages abortion/LGBT openly in contradiction to Christianity.

Joe Biden has always been and still is a Roman Catholic. During the Democratic primaries he sounded exactly like I do: hoping most pregnant women choose to not have abortions, but as a patriotic American citizen, feeling it is his duty to let them do it because that right is permanently ingrained in the U.S. Constitution. He started holding a more liberal view when it was clear that would be required to get enough support from all Democrats. By acting on the pro-choice view that most Catholics oppose, he became a person who does not practice what he preaches.

It is obvious I was talking about Herschel Walker, not Donald Trump. The first thing all people need to know about Trump is he has always hated everything Christianity stands for (including the Biblical right to life) so he is not included in this conversation. But to answer your question, even if the candidate parties were reversed, I would have voted for Joe Biden because he is a very good man and career politician who only ran for President to serve all American people, not himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Joe Biden has always been and still is a Roman Catholic. During the Democratic primaries, he sounded exactly like I do: hoping most pregnant women choose to not have abortions, but as a patriotic American citizen, feeling it is his duty to let them do it because that right is permanently ingrained in the U.S. Constitution. He started holding a more liberal view when it was clear that would be required to get enough support from all Democrats. By acting on the pro-choice view that most Catholics oppose, he became a person who does not practice what he preaches.

It is obvious I was talking about Herschel Walker, not Donald Trump. The first thing people need to know about Trump is he always hated everything Christianity stands for, so he is not included in this conversation.
So you would rather vote for someone who is anti Christian, like Joe Biden (he supports anti-Christian positions), rather than allow people to vote for immoral people?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By that standard, anyone you vote for will be an endorsement of sin. Deception (false weights and measures- Proverbs 20:23), Favoritisim James 2:3-4 character assassination Exodus 20:16 are all evident in the current administration.
I don't vote for a Sunday School teacher. I support someone who will defend the citizens of the country, and legislate through the filter of the constitution. The person representing those things will probably be a "sinner."

I guess you ignored the word "pastor" in my OP. Yes, we are all sinners, but obviously voting for a pastor is a vote for God.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So you would rather vote for someone who is anti Christian, like Joe Biden (he supports anti-Christian positions), rather than allow people to vote for immoral people?

I could not have been more clear I would vote against a person who is anti-Christian and that Joe Biden really does not want women to get abortions. He supports abortion rights like many other Catholics. But to call him anti-Christian is a lie, because he obviously is one.

President Biden is far from the only pro-choice Catholic. In fact, there are nonprofit Catholic pro-choice organizations. Why do any Catholics support abortion (and even get abortions) while at the same time yelling on the streets abortion is a sin because the Bible says it is murder? Crisis pregnancy centers are operat5ed by Catholic churches, so I know Catholics generally are anti-choicers based on horror stories of young expecting mothers going to a CPC and being told there they must carry their unwanted "babies" to term.

So how can you explain the fact that many Catholics are pro-choice?

Last edited:
B
BiblePeng
Because free will. Your question from the start is, why don't christians practice what they preach, and now you're saying Catholics are infallible? (aka if they do it, then it must be right, otherwise, why would many catholics be pro-choice)
_
That reasoning is faulty, in that anyone can claim to be from or to have a message from God, or to represent Him, but that does not
Upvote 0
B
BiblePeng
pt2 wow such low char limits
mean they actually do or that their message is from God. There are plenty of christians, catholics, humanity in general, who say one thing, and do another. Jesus called such people out back in the day, as hypocrites. Why does it happen? Because free will exists.
_
Upvote 0
B
BiblePeng
pt3
our morality and where we need to find truth from is from God and what the Bible says. A majority believing a thing does not make it morally right. Nor is something being legal, make it right. Slavery was legal and accepted by the majority for a long time, that did not change the morality of it
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I could not have been more clear I would vote against a person who is anti-Christian and that Joe Biden really does not want women to get abortions. He supports abortion rights like many other Catholics. But to call him anti-Christian is a lie, because he obviously is one.
Which is no different from being pro-abortion. This is an Anti-Christian policy. If one has a choice between an immoral person who will act against the anti-Christian policy, why would their personal lack of morality affect my political choice? For instance, if conservatives followed your advice, they would simply never win and anti-Christian forces would always dominate.
President Biden is far from the only pro-choice Catholic. In fact, there are nonprofit Catholic pro-choice organizations. Why do any Catholics support abortion (and even get abortions) while at the same time yelling on the streets abortion is a sin because the Bible says it is?
Well I don't judge Catholicism or Christianity by the standards of pro-abortion Catholics/Christians. I only point out it's an anti-Christian position.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Which is no different from being pro-abortion. This is an anti-Christian policy. If one has a choice between an immoral person who will act against the anti-Christian policy, why would their personal lack of morality affect my political choice? For instance, if conservatives followed your advice, they would simply never win and anti-Christian forces would always dominate.

Well I don't judge Catholicism or Christianity by the standards of pro-abortion Catholics/Christians. I only point out it's an anti-Christian position.

The anti-Christian position is wanting people to get abortions. I see nothing anti-Christian about hoping women choose to give birth and wanting the government to do whatever it takes to prevent people from needing them. A person like President Biden would help all women with unwanted pregnancies solve their problems that put them in a position of needing one. He would do whatever it takes to make sure very few women need abortions and no girl ever gets pregnant. Are you saying the Bible orders us to leave rape victims out in the cold because it was not consensual sex even though her unwanted pregnancy was obviously 100% the father's fault? That we should do none of God's Commandments about love and kindness to others, which certainly would be a million times more useful than all the attempts to justify disobeying The Golden Rule and the Second Commandment without offering a single possible idea to fill all of her immediate and long term mental and physical needs that directly result from pregnancy and childbirth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The negative stereotypical view of Christians is produced by Television and the movies.

Christians are not hate filled morons as depicted in the media.

If they showed Jews and Muslims the same way, the program wouldn't be allowed on
TV and nor come out of Hollywood.

I highly recommend the book;

"The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization"
Book by Vishal Mangalwadi

Vishal Mangalwadi is from India and converted to Christianity years ago.

If you thought the movie about Gandhi was great, read his book. The fact
is, Christianity made the West and the US and made things better where
colonization took place. Don't take it from me, but read the book and
learn what Vishal Mangalwadi proves in his observance of history and India.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Supporter
Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Joe Biden has always been and still is a Roman Catholic. During the Democratic primaries he sounded exactly like I do: hoping most pregnant women choose to not have abortions, but as a patriotic American citizen, feeling it is his duty to let them do it because that right is permanently ingrained in the U.S. Constitution. He started holding a more liberal view when it was clear that would be required to get enough support from all Democrats. By acting on the pro-choice view that most Catholics oppose, he became a person who does not practice what he preaches.

It is obvious I was talking about Herschel Walker, not Donald Trump. The first thing all people need to know about Trump is he has always hated everything Christianity stands for (including the Biblical right to life) so he is not included in this conversation. But to answer your question, even if the candidate parties were reversed, I would have voted for Joe Biden because he is a very good man and career politician who only ran for President to serve all American people, not himself.
You actually still believe that old line - "hoping most pregnant women choose to not have abortions, but as a patriotic American citizen, feeling it is his duty to let them do it because that right is permanently ingrained in the U.S. Constitution." Catholic Democrats have been saying that for decades but yet the number of abortions performed each year in the US was over one million. On top of that, a woman's right to choose an abortion or not IS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION. Liberals only interpret the Constitution that way but it the wrong way.

So Christians who are against abortion put up with that liberal invention until the time was right and more people knew about the evils of abortion then conservatives corrected the Constitution the way it was suppose to be understood.

Upvote 0