Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're honestly suggesting that people who continue to suffer from illness or injury just aren't good enough people (read: faith-filled) to deserve to be healed?
No I am saying that a lot of people don't get healed because we don't have a lot of christians who walk around like Peter and people heal in their shadow.
Some people die because it's their time, the Bible also says My people perish because of lack of knowledge. If everyone gets lied to that you can just pray and wait til God from heaven will maybe do something, sorry but Jesus showed how it works, He didn't sit on a mountain and pray: Father if You want to would You please heal some people and if not then not. He showed the disciples exactly howto do it, just like Him.
I don't blame sick people, of course not. How are they to know if noone may even tell them?

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet when prayer has been studied the results were ambiguous at best. Were it as effective as you contend it would be easily demonstrable.

I'll bet that a group of atheists conducted this "study."

Why are all of you atheists fighting so hard to discredit a God you don't believe in?

Alan

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing, I didn't make a request, I didn't believe, I wasn't polite. It was more like: do this or, I thought He didn't exist anyway, why be respectful? If this doesn't happen I don't believe in God.
Yeah sorry, I think one of my christian family members prayed.
Why do all those muslims get visions from Jesus? There are people praying for them somewhere.
You cannot ask God: Would You please let my leg grow out?
If you're a christian you get baptized in the Holy Spirit. Then He does it, Jesus couldn't even do miracles before He got baptized with the Holy Spirit and you have to command in Jesus'Name that the leg grows out. That's how Jesus and the disciples did it. Command that sickness to go, command the leg to pop out in Jesus'Name. He has given the church that authority when He went to heaven. That's not super me commanding God what to do, that's letting Him have His way in you, because He wants to heal.

Lol my dad is not a believer. He said: that's not praying what you guys do, that's commanding.

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You don't seem to understand the default position. The default position is supernatural events do not occur. Otherwise we would have to believe Leprauchauns, Fairies, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are all plying their trades and making miracles happen all around us until someone could prove otherwise.

So it's up to you to provide reputable evidence that God has healed amputees.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why do all those muslims get visions from Jesus? There are people praying for them somewhere.

So do you believe people when they say they've had visions of aliens or were abducted by aliens? By your logic that personal experience counts as evidence, then you are obligated to believe every vision anyone has ever had. Unless of course you only take people's personal experience as evidence seriously if it supports your world view. This is called a confirmation bias.

If you're a christian you get baptized in the Holy Spirit. Then He does it, Jesus couldn't even do miracles before He got baptized with the Holy Spirit and you have to command in Jesus'Name that the leg grows out.

Do you have an explanation for why this has never been documented to have happened ever? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You haven't provided any. Just special pleading.

Upvote 0

Nessanessa

Sep 24, 2015
✟15,536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet when prayer has been studied the results were ambiguous at best. Were it as effective as you contend it would be easily demonstrable.
To put something to the test you need to know the variables. Are all these people even praying to the same God?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christian and I don't believe God disrupts the laws of nature (which He created) much at all -- and especially not nowadays. Think about it. The Bible contains roughly 800,000 words. Those words encompass walks of life covering about 4,000 years. Yet in all those words over all that length of time, it records only, what, maybe a few dozen miracles? And we think that we'll be one to witness a miracle? Say that 40 miracles have been recorded over 4,000 years. That comes out to .01 miracles per year or 1 miracle every 100 years. I'm not counting on seeing one in my lifetime. I'm not being blasphemous; I'm just looking at the numbers.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure why it came out that way. My apologies.

I'll leave the treatment of the sick to trained medical doctors. People who dedicated their entire life to it.

Right here:
Doctors are always good. Sometimes they can't help though.
Ooh you mean that. Yes that year when I tested Him if He existed everything happened. That's just to show that it convinced me when I was an atheist and I could imagine if other atheists or muslims would see the dead raised and such for their eyes every time someone prays in the Name of Jesus that they would be convinced. Chance statistics is rational I thought.

Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Salvations Math: 3 Nails + 1 Cross= 4 Given
Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hardly so. The intellectually dishonest premise arrived when someone who first avows as a matter of fact so much so that they'd identify themselves by the proclamation, no god, i.e. atheist. And who then asks members who do believe God exists, and in a Christian community, why that which does not exist does not do something.

After that, all else argued by that atheist compounds the illogical premise that they as an atheist had a question to pose about nothing real in the first place .

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If this is real it won't be long before you will see it yourself:

https://onecanhappen.wordpress.com/...ngernails-grew-back-in-1909-seymour-prophesi/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heatedmonk

Salvations Math: 3 Nails + 1 Cross= 4 Given
Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it is not.
The atheist initiated the question. The default position of thought is possessed by the atheist who's title declares there is no being in existence that some call God. There is no evidence it exists, there is no proof it exists, it is all faith based that an invisible being like unto fairies, dragons, and trolls under the bridge, is real. That all of that is superstition and has no basis in material reality or anywhere else.

An atheist who affirms that by their self-identification of atheist, which translates as no god, cannot ask people who believe in what isn't real to prove to that atheists satisfaction why it is that which isn't real hasn't done something.

It is an illogical question that the atheist has answered for themselves being they are atheist. No God exists. Asking then, why no thing that exists has not done something, is intellectually dishonest and illogical.

It is tantamount to someone who says there is no such thing as a pink unicorn. And then they go out and ask people why is it no pink unicorns have ever been recorded as being ridden by red headed men.

They don't exist! How then would something that doesn't exist do something that it can't do because it isn't there?

Compound that illogical query with, can anyone show me why something that isn't real hasn't done something? And the illogic is compounded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nessanessa

Sep 24, 2015
✟15,536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember listening to hitchen's speak..
He used the odds too. What are the odds of God choosing to become human in a tiny speck of a place etc

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If this is real it won't be long before you will see it yourself:

https://onecanhappen.wordpress.com/...ngernails-grew-back-in-1909-seymour-prophesi/

Again, you have to ask yourself the question: What is more likely? That the laws of nature have been suspended in your favor and in a way that you approve or have you made a mistake? Eye witness testimony is extremely unreliable. What verifiable evidence is there that this ever took place? Even you are asking "is this true?" What reason do you have to believe it is?

The interviewee even suggests this alleged next revival would take place in about 2009.....or 6 years ago.

Doctors are always good. Sometimes they can't help though.

If there are these alleged people who have some supernatural power to heal people, why do we need doctors? Like I said earlier, 911 would redirect to a prayer hotline and ambulances would bring you to the nearest church. If you were sick and only had 1 option between prayer or a medical doctor trained to treat whatever it is you are sick with, what would you choose?

Yes that year when I tested Him if He existed everything happened.

Jesus said to him, “Once again it is written: ‘You are not to put the Lord your God to the test." Matthew 4:7

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I see your point, but I think you are wrong. There are many many claims by Christians that God has healed them, and many Christians believes their God heals people, yet afaik, there is not one documented case of an amputee being healed. So it is a legitimate question.

Do you believe your God still heals people, and if so, why do you think there are no documented cases of an amputee being miraculously healed?

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The mother of my ex told him that she saw it with her own eyes in Indonesia when she was a kid. Arms and legs popping out. Now you don't know her but I do so I believe it and why on earth would she lie? She's not nuts.
My dad was an atheist. He mocked God and faith. It was utter nonsense. That's why I had no respect. I wasn't taught that. But he saw those aunts and people from church get healed. He went to the neighbour who was sick and told her to go to that church for healing. He said I don't believe either but I have seen some amazing things happening there. Then he was amazed that she got mad and told him to go away lol.

Yeah I didn't know that text then. He wasn't my God yet so I could test if He existed.

Knock and the door will be opened. I just had a weird way of knocking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember listening to hitchen's speak..
He used the odds too. What are the odds of God choosing to become human in a tiny speck of a place etc
I don't know Hitchen, but you make a good point. In fact I got saved by considering the low probability of all the fulfilled prophecy. Surely God can do whatever He wants, and He obviously wanted to become human, etc. I just think He created us in large part to be able to take care of ourselves. After all, much of the time our bodies heal themselves, and we've invented medicines to assist in that process. He created a wondrous world that was originally running like clockwork. Unfortunately, mankind fell, and here we are struggling with death, sickness, etc. But He created the laws of nature, and historically (i.e., over 4000 years) He has barely interrupted those laws, and I don't see Him interrupting them now.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

We are all atheists to some degree. Even Christians included.

I am fairly sure that you don't believe in Thor or Vishnu and thousands of other dieties mankind has worshipped since the dawn of religion.

We only disagree on the existence of 1 God in. Yours.

Guess we aren't so different after all are we?

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The mother of my ex told him that she saw it with her own eyes in Indonesia when she was a kid. Arms and legs popping out. Now you don't know her but I do so I believe it and why on earth would she lie? She's not nuts.

It doesn't bother you that none of this is documented and verifiable? If you believe someone second hand, you are likely to believe just about anything. Gullibility is not a virtue. People lie all the time for various reasons. If you have no way of verifying it, there isn't a good reason to believe it's true. People say they've seen things all the time.

Faith healers are nothing but frauds who have been exposed on numerous accounts. The mind is easily deceived. These people are evil charlatans who prey on the gullible and weak. It's disgusting and morally reprehensible.
They are easily debunked: http://www.evidenceunseen.com/theology/practical-theology/faith-healers/

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

Then why don't amputees get healed? What about the amputee Christians who get baptized in the Holy Spirit? Why doesn't He do it for them?

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Simple question, probably a very complicated answer.

I hear about God healing people all the time on these forums.

Why does he not heal amputees?
If God healed everyone how would we ever learn humility, compassion and consern for others?

You have to experince need before you can honestly appriciate what you have and in appriciating what you have that others don't you would never think of lending that ability to help those who can't do what you can.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.