Why doesn't God directly stop the evil of others?

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
For one thing, Heaven has no evil or sin in it. But it's interesting because the response used to justify the existence of free will is that one can't know good without knowing evil. Does that mean in Heaven the free will we currently enjoy will be limited or abridged? I can't think of any other answer.

I have such a hard time with 'faith'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
For one thing, Heaven has no evil or sin in it. But it's interesting because the response used to justify the existence of free will is that one can't know good without knowing evil. Does that mean in Heaven the free will we currently enjoy will be limited or abridged? I can't think of any other answer.

I have such a hard time with 'faith'.
Someone else already mentioned that God must choose the right option. There could be a few right options to pick from, but God is too wise to select a wrong option. I believe this is the lack of free will or limited free will we are meant to have. You could call it a technicality of sorts. Like a child whose put their hand on a hot stove, they won't do it again, even if they are able to.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Someone else already mentioned that God must choose the right option. There could be a few right options to pick from, but God is too wise to select a wrong option. I believe this is the lack of free will or limited free will we are meant to have. You could call it a technicality of sorts. Like a child whose put their hand on a hot stove, they won't do it again, even if they are able to.
God is not a micro-manager. There are some things, like a child putting their hand on a hot stove, which have immediate consequences, and there are other things that have more long-reaching consequences. There are still others that have consequences that are postponed until the final Judgment. The Scripture says that it is appointed for man once to die and afterwards comes the Judgment. And, we must all give an account of our lives to God. This means that everything we do has a resulting consequence, either positive or negative. We observe things going on in our community and the world at large that appear very unpleasant, and we wonder why God doesn't do anything about it. But it doesn't mean that He doesn't see what is going on. His attitude concerning many things that people do is that they can wait until the final judgment.

For example, although the invitation to embrace Christ as Saviour is extended to all, God does not force anyone to make that decision. But when it comes time for the final Judgment, then the consequence for either embracing or not embracing Christ will happen, and those who chose to reject Christ will not be able to use the excuse that God didn't do more to ensure they get saved.

Upvote 0