• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Why doesnt creationism need any data?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Hespera, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doveaman

Doveaman Re-Created, Not Evolved.

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    As long as you have no proof then it is an assumption.
    This would explain why those "logical conclusions" are often falsified.

It also explains why you should: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (
    Prov 3:5-6).
    Why don't you provide proof to back up your claims and not just "logical conclusions" that are often falsified?

2. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,953
    Agnostic

If you have evidence then it is a conclusion, not an assumption.

So you are saying that evidence can be used to determine if something is true or false?

3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,865
    Agnostic
    Married

So everything in life with the exception of pure mathematics is an assumption? I think that is a rather massive redefinition of the word "assumption".

4. Doveaman

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No, they haven't. They cannot even confirm how the moon was formed.
    Did they see how the moon was formed?

Was it formed through a slow, gradual process? or was it formed catastrophically?

5. Doveaman

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If you have no proof then it is a conclusion based on an assumption.
    Evidence can also be used to form assumptions.

The convicted man was assumed guilty based on the evidence, but he was later proven to be innocent.

6. Doveaman

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't assume I exist. I have proof I exist.

7. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Yes, yes.... "cogito ergo sum." Too bad you have no proof that anything exists besides yourself.

...which, I suppose, is more or less how creationists prefer it.

8. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,953
    Agnostic

No, it would be a conclusion based on evidence.

Evidence is made up of observations, not assumptions.

He was found guilty based on evidence, and later found innocent based on new evidence.

9. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I understand you think so. Example?
    If your projecting the present earth state was limited to the past, this might be true. However, they do the same thing for the far far away! So your claim is false.

Look loud mouth, I don't care what your beliefs are regarding the laws of the past. You have no proof! I will go with God's word.
    There is zero evidence for a same state past. There is all evidence available to man that it was a very different state. What, you thought living 1000 years was due to eating vitamins?

[/QUOTE] Rising from the dead and fulfilling 100s of prophesies makes it true. No bridges needed.

10. Psudopod

Psudopod Godspeed, Spacebat

+159
    Other Religion
    In Relationship
    Thanks for the laugh, I needed that this morning! "Ape does not meet the criteria for human..." Hilarious.

11. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,865
    Agnostic
    Married

And everything else is just an assumption then?

12. Doveaman

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Why is that so hard to believe? After all, in the beginning nothing went *BANG*.

13. Doveaman

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So you were wrong, and later you realized you were wrong. How typical.

What this shows is that your conclusions are not based on evidence, but based on your fallible human interpretation of it, resulting in innocent people being condemned.

Your "evidence" can take a hike.

14. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    My! my! What a Christian thing to say!

I really don't know what scares me most; Christian Fundamentalism or Islamic fundamentalism. The difficulty for me is due to the both being indistinguishable from each other!

15. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I asked you for evidence that would not support creationism. Let's see what you came up with:

1. Vestigical organs. Well, there's strike one, because yes, the human appendix is vestigial. I can cut it out of you right now and it's absence would have no effect on you. But there are also plenty of others, such as eyes on blind cave fish, wings on flightless birds, dew claws, vestigical legs on pythons, whales' pelvis, etc. And no, having no function at all, is not required for "vestigial." What is required is loss of the function the organ performs in other species.

2. Junk DNA. This is not a technical term, nor have biologists ever claimed there was no purpose to any Junk DNA. That said, you could remove much of it with no effect. Much is just repeated sequences coding for nothing. In fact, some organisms don't have any Junk DNA at all, such as the puffer fish. Doesn't seem to hurt them not having any. So, that's strike two.

3. A Neanderthal discussing the afterlife. You already know they are extinct, so that is a stupid loaded example. I asked for potential tyoes of data we could find, not data we could not find. Nevertheless, since Neaderthals were just as intelligent as us (in fact their brain was slightly bigger), I would infer that they actually did discuss the afterlife while they were around. So, that's strike three.

I guess that means that creationism is falsified now. Thanks. :wave:

16. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It depends on whether or not you're a witch, with atheists bugging Christians to 'do the right thing'; or whether you're an office worker in a building in the land of the 'Great Satan', with atheists bugging Islamists to 'do the right thing'.

(And for the record, it's 'more' -- not 'most' -- ;))

17. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single

Show me a definition of "inference" that equates it with "assumption." Go ahead, you guys are experts at sophistry.

Why don't you provide "proof" to back up your claims? You are the ones that claim to have "proof" and "the Truth", afterall. We don't.

18. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]

19. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,634
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    :D But....religion is NOT based on evidence! I think we confuse the two here...Apples meet oranges!

20. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Certainly not typical of creationists. You guys were wrong, and later you realized you were wrong, but won't accept that you were wrong. Now you claim ignoring you were wrong is a guide to "The Truth."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.