Why does Trump feel he needs to be "mean"?

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He seemed much more articulate and intelligent then. If that same guy was the one who ran for President in 2016, I probably could have voted for him. Sadly, his mental faculties have greatly deteriorated since then and has become exactly the type of person he himself said in this interview he didn't feel was right for the job.

As to your question: Because being mean is what has worked best for him up to now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I would accept all the excuses the dems give for their bad actions but the hate started before he was even elected. He never had a chance. And not one of them will give him credit for what he has done for the country so far. That is blind hate.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I would accept all the excuses the dems give for their bad actions but the hate started before he was even elected. He never had a chance. And not one of them will give him credit for what he has done for the country so far. That is blind hate.
Why do you say "hate" when "despise" would be more nearly correct? But we are not reluctant to give him credit for what he has done for the country. Most of what he has done has been bad, and we will give him full credit for it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh. Their bad actions? The insults and lies started before he was even elected. Never had a chance? He became president with a Republican House and Senate, yet the only significant legislation he passed was the tax cut for the wealthy and debt increase for the country. He has gotten some praise for his justice reform bill, however - do you give credit to the Democrats for crediting him that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why can't people dislike him for his words during the campaign?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In the interview, he says that politics is mean, not that a good candidate needs to be mean himself.

Trump had the being mean himself down pat years before he was a candidate.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because he gets only hate and very little cooperation.

Here's the "people couldn't possibly disagree with him and his policies so they must hate him" train right on time.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0