Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i sorta' get what yer asking, but it's kinda' hard to answer....

to become as a child involves having no "guile" or those things that a person loses when they become older....to become as a child is to be as those li'l ones who flocked to Jesus joyously and they did with all their hearts...they LOVED Him and without restraint..

ok, enough of my thoughts on it...i'll let someone really answer the question with the correct Bible verse.

Good question and meditation, by the way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i sorta' get what yer asking, but it's kinda' hard to answer....
to become as a child involves having no "guile" or those things that a person loses when they become older....to become as a child is to be as those li'l ones who flocked to Jesus joyously and they did with all their hearts...they LOVED Him and without restraint..
ok, enough of my thoughts on it...i'll let someone really answer the question with the correct Bible verse.
Good question and meditation, by the way.

shabbat shalom in Jesus, Brinny,

that's a very good and right answer even without a verse/reference - and, even extra, shows why we need to remain like a little child also, not just become like one.....

i'm sure the verse(s) will show up soon with more from or about them too

- there might be more than one, but just one's needed to go on....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
current question (more than one question might happen too,btw. that's good!)
seeking the verse(s) about >

WHY is it good and necessary for a person to become like a little child, even if they have already lived a long life and they've even been a teacher ?

Upvote 0

Via Cassian

Fuga mundi (flight from the world)
Dec 24, 2009
South
✟24,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 18:3; Mark 10:15; Luke 18:17.

The Matthew verses are:

18:2-4 He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, “Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.​

We must have total dependence upon God. Adults have such self-sufficiency and desire to be self-reliant, dependant on no one else. In contrast, a child is totally dependant on his or her parents, we must see ourselves as children in relation to God.

In addition, to become "children of God" we must be "born from above" or "born of God". These are also images of a child.

The Christmas story also helps us see the need to become a child, as Jesus did to redeem and save us.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Question:

Why is it "because of the angels"?
1 Corinthians 11:10
It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.
Woman was created for the man, and it was because God thought it was not good for him to be alone. For this cause, in the spiritual hierarchy, man is above woman in authority. The woman is commanded to be in subjection to her own husband throughout scripture. Long hair on the woman indicates her subjection to her own husband.

Genesis 2
18 ¶ And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

I Corinthians 11
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
The marginal notes in the Geneva Bible admit they do not know what ANGELS have to do with this statement by the Apostle Paul (I expect that it was Wm.Tyndale saying that.)

I think that there is an answer in scripture that almost no one wants to talk about, most refuse to believe, and may not be welcome here.

Let me know in a PM if this is something you'd like to explore in scripture.

It seems Job never knew why he had such trouble. We understand from his trouble that having bad things happen to you does NOT mean you are necessarily a bad person, and that God is angry with you.

What was the REAL reason Job had such bad things happen to him?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It was Yhvh's Good Pleasure to show us and hasatan that a man of faith may not be persuaded to curse God because of a few little difficulties ! (and that God will not let anyone be tested beyond what they are able to endure!)
Job 1:6-12King James Version (KJV)

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
just think, there'd be no war, no adultery, no divorce, no stealing, no murder, etc etc etc
if
people just did that one thing -
Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

AND it is possible ! (in Yahushua, of course, by Yhvh's accomplishment; not by man's efforts)

but a man must be willing to do as Yhvh says. willing to seek Yhvh and things above instead of on earth.

but religions tell men to seek earthly things. worldly security. fellow man acceptance. OY!

turn to heaven - the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

there.

(part of the 'why' seek things in heaven instead of on earth, AS Scripture says to).

okay,

have you got a question to go on with the game.... ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I agree with Yahushua, and the apostles in Scripture, Peter, James, John, Paul, and the believers, as it is written:
Acts 19:3-7The Message (MSG)

3 “How were you baptized, then?” asked Paul.
“In John’s baptism.”
4 “That explains it,” said Paul. “John preached a baptism of radical life-change so that people would be ready to receive the One coming after him, who turned out to be Jesus. If you’ve been baptized in John’s baptism, you’re ready now for the real thing, for Jesus.”
5-7 And they were. As soon as they heard of it, they were baptized in the name of the Master Jesus. Paul put his hands on their heads and the Holy Spirit entered them. From that moment on, they were praising God in tongues and talking about God’s actions. Altogether there were about twelve people there that day.

Do trinitarians agree with all Scripture also ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dmpeace

May 26, 2007
✟17,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with Yahushua, and the apostles in Scripture, Peter, James, John, Paul, and the believers, as it is written:
Acts 19:3-7The Message (MSG)

3 “How were you baptized, then?” asked Paul.
“In John’s baptism.”
4 “That explains it,” said Paul. “John preached a baptism of radical life-change so that people would be ready to receive the One coming after him, who turned out to be Jesus. If you’ve been baptized in John’s baptism, you’re ready now for the real thing, for Jesus.”
5-7 And they were. As soon as they heard of it, they were baptized in the name of the Master Jesus. Paul put his hands on their heads and the Holy Spirit entered them. From that moment on, they were praising God in tongues and talking about God’s actions. Altogether there were about twelve people there that day.

Do trinitarians agree with all Scripture also ?

Are you saying your not?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jews and gentiles and different forum members here have different definitions of who they think trinitarians are and are not. I'm not going to try to satisfy one or more of them, nor to dis-satisfy any of them either. My only goal and purpose in Life is to please Yhvh the Creator, by my faith in Yahushua Messiah as He allows grace to believe actively and fully in Him, according to His Word, in line with all of His Word, (and opposed to most men on earth, just as it is written that they will not repent nor give up worshiping demons even when/after 1/3 of mankind dies from famine, war, plagues, etc )

If you agree with Scripture as Yhvh reveals it in Yahushua, then you and I are in agreement in Him submitted to Him, and we are most blessed of men on earth.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What was the Apostle Peter's opinion of the Apostle Paul? Paul called him down, but we don't see Peter getting angry about it. Peter tells us, and shows what many people do when they read what Paul wrote.

perhaps this >
Peter and Paul (2 Peter 3:14-16)

14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,.....

yet even thus revealed, shows also here what was ABBA'S choice of Paul. :)

(woe be to those who reject Yahushua, Paul, Peter or any of the ones called and chosen by ABBA !)

Upvote 0