why does pastors children not always like their parent?

DYOLF

lbs 4 lbs Numero Uno
Apr 27, 2010
✟9,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
daffirose said:
sorry but i think you are looking at it all too deep. do you remember what the opening post is even

I think it's all part of the same thing.Moreover you are the one who took it further by the examples you have about some reverends in the Anglican Church.

Relative to what you were saying I would still love to hear what you have to say about that scripture I quoted.

Back to all this,these things are linked.People call themselves to the ministry and they do things in the flesh bringing damage to themselves and own families.

Upvote 0
D

daffirose

I think it's all part of the same thing.Moreover you are the one who took it further by the examples you have about some reverends in the Anglican Church.

Relative to what you were saying I would still love to hear what you have to say about that scripture I quoted.

Back to all this,these things are linked.People call themselves to the ministry and they do things in the flesh bringing damage to themselves and own families.

hmm
one thing you will learn about me is that I never take verses of the Bible apart and try to use them to support my argument. That is not the purpose of the Bible for me. So I wont use them to try and defend myself against you either. Its wrong to split up verses from each other because it takes them out of context of the whole chapter and book. I don't play games with scripture. I don't need to. If you want to that okay for you but for me, it not my style.

back to the opening post. Yeh, children/teens are very impressionable age and we can make them do anything we want as adults given the right tone and enthuisiasm. But say you changed your mind one week about not going to church and your children wanted to go. Would you go for them? :groupray:

Upvote 0

DYOLF

lbs 4 lbs Numero Uno
Apr 27, 2010
✟9,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hmm
one thing you will learn about me is that I never take verses of the Bible apart and try to use them to support my argument. That is not the purpose of the Bible for me. So I wont use them to try and defend myself against you either. Its wrong to split up verses from each other because it takes them out of context of the whole chapter and book. I don't play games with scripture. I don't need to. If you want to that okay for you but for me, it not my style.

back to the opening post. Yeh, children/teens are very impressionable age and we can make them do anything we want as adults given the right tone and enthuisiasm. But say you changed your mind one week about not going to church and your children wanted to go. Would you go for them? :groupray:

What do you think of Jesus when he pulled portions of scripture to support his arguement against Satan like below:

Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Upvote 0
D

daffirose

I wont be pushed into a corner by you when the thread wasn't started by you and what we are talking about now has no bearing on the opening post. I do not do Bible Wars. For we can all find relevant scripture to support our argument and for me I don't use the Bible in such a way. If you are further lost then I suggest you go back to the opening post and begin again rather than hyjack a thread by trying to make another fellow christian look small against you. I don't play such games and posted simply to help the opening thread not to have some kind of battle with you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums