Why does my family have to go through so much, and why do I bear the burden?

Zorah654

Dec 3, 2015
Texas
✟7,699.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
My dad is abusive to me, and last year, he was kicked out by CPS. I know I shouldn't, but I make myself bear the burden of my dad's absence. My brother hurts me (not physically) and says it's my fault dad is gone. My mom is a single mom right now and she is stressed out all the time. Dad is in a Christian recovery center and he is doing better, but has yet to apologize for what he did to me. My family is experiencing so much turmoil, and I feel like it's my fault. I'm trying to keep an optimistic view and a heart of prayer through all of it. How do I deal with all this stuff?

Reactions: LaSorcia

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First you stop to convince yourself that all this stuff is your fault. You are the victim not the culprit!
Ask for help to your friends, they can be à great support in such a case. We (in the forum) are also here for you. And of course God is always! Don't worry. You have the right attitude in all this stuff!

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Bri<3

Feb 14, 2016
Fair Grove, MO
✟15,169.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have also gone through a lot the past couple of years. I lost my mom to ALS two years ago this last January, and I seriously focused on God, and had a strong group of Christian friends around me to help me through it all. If you don't already have a solid group of friends that are Christians, I encourage you to find one. We are designed to need fellowship with fellow believers. A verse of encouragement: 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Upvote 0