Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to him, the more intensely missionary we become." - Henry Martyn (1781-1812), Missionary to India and Persia

So what do you do about this if you are not the "chosen one" to be a missionary? I am all for missions by Vineyard churhches, but you can't expect someone to listen anymore after being told what hell is;.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what do you do about this if you are not the "chosen one" to be a missionary? I am all for missions by Vineyard churhches, but you can't expect someone to listen aymore after being told what hell is;.

You don't realize how much we participate when we earnestly pray and support missions overseas. Missionaries don't always have the resources, and we are the medium to help them do the work.

"Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are, who testified to your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God. For they have gone out for the sake of the name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles. Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth." - 3 John 5-8

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If anyone wants to support missions, here are some of the organizations I know and have supported. They are interdenominational.

Vision Beyond Borders
HeartCry
Barnabas Aid

My local church also supports some others in Central Asia, Chicago (US), etc.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell your mom God didn't create hell for man, but for Satan and his angels. Man has a choice to either follow God or Satan into eternity.

Amen, amen amen amen amen. 5 amens the number of Grace. Great post

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is the Creator of all things. He loves everything He created, according to Genesis 1. But God hates Satan and demons and does not want anyone to live in the lake of fire that He created. I don't get it. My mom said a loving God would not create hell because He does not want people to suffer eternally, so she does not believe it exists. Why isn't this true?
Years ago I started learning to hear God. I was talking to Him about hell and I asked Him about it, but then I got scared and I said, I don't want to know. I am very visual so I didn't want to see horrible things. I remember I started feeling God's presence very tangible for a few days, I was very happy and I could worship easily. Then, one day out of the blue I felt He withdrew His presence. I just cried with so much sorrow. Then I heard Him whisper something like, Hell is not hell because of the things you'll see there and because its dark and hot. Hell is hell because I am not there.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Years ago I started learning to hear God. I was talking to Him about hell and I asked Him about ut, but then I got scared and I said, I don't want to know. I am very visual so I didn't want to see horrible things. I remember I started feeling God's presence very tangible for a few days, I was very happy and I could worship easily. Then, one day out of the blue I felt He withdrew His presence. I just cried with so much sorrow. Then I heard Him whisper something like, Hell is not hell because of the things you'll see there and because its dark and hot. Hell is hell because I am not there.

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would say that the lake of fire is complete exposure to God's holiness and love, which will be immense suffering for those who have not been united with God's nature through Christ.
Even Peter, James and John, who loved Jesus dearly, could barely cope with being in Christ's presence at His transfiguration on Mt Tabor. Imagine what it will be like for those who hate God.
God will not be torturing them. God simply is.
Probably the best explanation of hell.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God is the Creator of all things. He loves everything He created, according to Genesis 1. But God hates Satan and demons and does not want anyone to live in the lake of fire that He created. I don't get it. My mom said a loving God would not create hell because He does not want people to suffer eternally, so she does not believe it exists. Why isn't this true?

God is not the creator of all things in that he didn't create sin. He does not hate Satan and his demons, but hates their sin. Thus, he created hell so people with sin have a place to go instead of heaven. I guess I don't get your logic.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

May I suggest that you both re read John ch 3 verse 16 to 18.

God so loved the world that he sent his only Son etc you know how it goes, except verse 18:- Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

God loves, yes, but there is a condition to recieve that love in eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the form that you are describing, I don't think that it does. The penalty for sin is death.

Upvote 0

Iovan

Aug 21, 2019
Varna
✟17,003.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

God would love all but he does not love humans to sin.

Upvote 0

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

God loves everybody is meme and it's not true , God is angry with wicked every day and he hates some people . Psalm 7:11 , Malachi 1:3 ,

God Loved people when he gave his only begotten Son as sacrifice , it's in past tense.

So why hell exist ? It was made for Devil ans his angels who turned away from God , people who choose Satan go where they go with him into Lake of Fire and since the Lake is punishing unkillable beings like angels it is forever there.

God is punishing wickedness because he is loving. Wouldn't you want to punish murderer of your child ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."
- Psalm 11:5

He hates wicked people from his soul, from the very depth of his being.

God hates their ways (Proverbs 15:9), their thoughts (Proverbs 15:26), their worship (Proverbs 15:8), their actions (Proverbs 6:18), and their evil deeds (Psalm 5:5). He singles out as a special object of his hatred the blasphemous deeds of the Nicolaitans, those who seduced God’s people with idolatry and sexual immorality. “Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate” (Revelation 2:6).

“The Lord preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy”
- Psalm 145:20

I think John 3:16 proves you wrong.

Upvote 0