Why does God reveal something will take place Years before it happens?

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
s

What I have seen, in my own life and in others, is the belief that something is God's will when it really isn't. The reason we hold on to this belief is because we want it so badly. When whatever it is fails to work out, it's discouraging. This might be what is happening to you.

Because you have posted about this so many times in the past, I'm assuming that you are talking about your friend with whom you have been wanting a romantic relationship for several years. If I recall correctly, he is not a believer and is not interested in becoming one, and your relationship remains platonic. It sounds like you have put your life on hold waiting for him to become a believer and to begin a deeper relationship.

I think the important thing is to not question or doubt God, but to question yourself. When I release my own desires to Him and ask Him for direction, I usually find that I was the one who was wrong. When I whole heartedly submit to His will, even if it is in direct conflict to my desire, it is then that He makes it clear how to proceed. Sometimes I resist, and continue in misery. But when I stop resisting, then He shows me something that I never would have thought of had I kept a tight fist around what I wanted.

While I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case for you, based upon what you have said over a long period of time, and the fact that apparently nothing has changed in your friend's faith or your relationship, it certainly sounds like a good possibility. The only way to know for sure is to surrender the whole thing to Him and to be willing to accept whatever He says. When I do this He usually he steers me in a different direction. I never know what the outcome will be in the beginning, but as time goes on, it all crystalizes perfectly. This has happened to me many times, and each time the outcome was far better than I expected, and I found myself on my knees thanking Him for saying "No" to what ever it was that I so desperately desired.

Honestly what happened 4 yrs ago couldn't come from my own desires bc at the time he was with someone and I didn't like him like that at the time. The experience I had blew me out of the water and caught me extremely off guard.

And you are right with whom this is about.

I had already shared this story in my original post but I didn't share everything. About a little more then a month ago, someone told me that I needed to read about Abraham and Isaac and how God wanted to speak to me through those verses. I read it, then prayed. The only thing I could come up with is that God wanted me to give the situation to him. So, while hands lifted high, i gave God the entire situation and prayed a lot about it. Afterwards, I felt like a strange release but also a peace. It was the greatest feeling ever. That positiveness boosted my spirits and I was able to move on and for an entire month, I kept this up. It was amazing. I went back to the person who said to me about the story and she praised me for what I did bc not knowing what god was going to do, I immediately stepped up and gave God my Isaac and God responded.

A little while after that, being I had no idea what was going on with our relationship, I prayed and asked God if he wanted me to stay with this person or if it would be ok to see other people. God responded with an immediate yet very stern response of stay with him and just wait.

One thing I didn't do in those situations is question and ask God to see if the answers I had gotten were really from him.

I will try to do that now.

I wanted to respond to more and to cturtle but falling asleep again. Will get to those posts at another time.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God will test our faith, though. He will encourage us to believe for something, like a new skateboard let's say.... And you know that you don't have the money to buy it. But He says I want you to have the best, and I want to give it to you, so go and pick it out. Pick out the best wheels and trucks and what size board and bearings, and do you want grip tape or what not. So you go and make a list of all the parts, because you trust that God is going to provide this for you. And then God says ok, now I want for you to go and do this and that. And 3 months go by and you still don't have a new board. So what do you do? Do you Keep trusting that what He has promised will happen, because you know He is trustworthy? Or do you give up and say this is nuts. It's never going to happen?
That is something that is stretching your faith. It's not evil or bad to want a new skateboard.

I know that when our faith is being stretched, it's never easy at first. And God sees that you are doing your best. And that is why He encourages you, and tells you to relax and calm down. He lives you and desires for you to pass this test. For our life's tests, that come from Him are an open book test. Isn't that peaceful and encouraging? God loves us so much that when He is stretching our faith, He gives us the answers, so we can get it right. He is not trying to trick anyone.

God has it already figured out, I can assure you. The hard part is that we don't know all the details as to how and why and where. This is what make it to where we have to keep our trust in Him. To rely on Him every moment of every day

You take one moment at a time. You immerse yourself in Scriptures that bring comfort and peace to you. And when your tempted to worry or fear, you pull one of the Scriptures to your mind, and chew on it. I have even had times when I say over and over... I trust you Lord. So that my peace would return. I had the temptation and opportunity to fear. But I made the decision that I would trust no matter what. And after a few minutes of resisting the fear... it was gone.

I always thought that when I resisted something that it would take a long time and was afraid I would not be able to do it. But when i began to resist, and tell the enemy, my Bible says that if I resist you, that you have to flee. You have no choice. They have to flee. They have no power unless we give it to them, and that's what a lot of people don't realize. The devil has deceived so many people to believe that He is powerful. He is not. His biggest tactic against us is trickery and deception. He knows that if he can get us to believe something and then say it, we have just given him the right to mess with us. We gave him a shot at us that he did not have coming. Ephesians 4:27 says to give the devil no opportunity. And then we see in 1 peter 5:8 it says the enemy growls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He has to have permission from us to devour or mess with us.

Another thing to watch out for is that the enemy comes disguised as an angel of light. He does not come all mean and nasty like Freddy or Jason. Or like the cartoons show him with red horns and a pitchfork. He will come as someone, lkke a good friend, to tell you something opposite of what God says, and tricks us into accepting a lie. Read 1 kings 13:1-30 and it will show you what I mean.

Your skateboard analogy. I've been there several times with this situation bc even though God did promise those things to me, since I never saw any progress, I often felt like giving up. And sometimes I would go a few days without praying at all and either God would remind me of something or, something else would happen which would bring me back and have me pray again. Just like that 1 time where I basically cried out in frustration about the situation telling God I just can't do this anymore and as I said in my earlier post, God did audibly tell me, you need to wait. You need to give me time to work on him but until that time, you need to relax, be patient and wait. After that, even tho I was tearful, I was filled with the deepest peace and in that, I relaxed and was able to fall asleep.

This morning I prayed what turkle said to pray about. I prayed and I even let my desires down just to see. I prayed about the situation and he and I and asked God if some of this was my own desires and not his will, to let me know. Idk what else I prayed but asked for his guidance and direction and to tell me and let me know. After I finished praying, I just relaxed. Although I feel "at peace", I don't feel that deep peace I'm used to, so I'm unsure of what God is saying

This is when I get confused though. Bc, I know what God has told me in the past, I know that most of the times when he shared something with me, he gave me peace. Now, if these were my own desires, I wouldn't be able to give myself that type of peace even if I wanted to. So, with that, I believe all that has happened to me, has come directly from God.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As I read the last post, I thought I would tell you a story... a long time ago, a man was warned about marrying the girl who has now been his ex wife for about 15 years. She was not saved when they were dating and he got her saved just so that they could marry and not be unequally yoked. But he learned his lesson, the hard way. And had to go through some pretty aweful times before they got a divorce.

I also know of another lady.. who her husband had been praying about her and told him ahead of time that she was to be his wife. And they have been married for many, many years and have a anointed ministry.

So make sure that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has told you that this person is going to be your spouse. Because of its not from God, it could turn out diasaterous, and painful for you.

We will be praying for his salvation and if you will pray this prayer... And then begin to constantly thank God for His salvation, then salvation will come.

Father in the name of Jesus we bind the strongman from the mind of this youngman. We bind any spirit that is holding him captive from manifesting in His life any longer, to keep him out of Your kingdom.

LORD You know who this young man will listen to. We are asking You to send laborers across his path woth the Word of his salvation, the Word of his healing and the Word of his deliverance.

We ask Father that You grant unto him the gift of repentance accprding to 2 timothy 2:24-26. And draw him into Your heavenly light. Bless him Lord with grace and mercy. We plead the blood of Jesus over him and claim him for You. In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen

I've prayed several times about this saying if he isn't the one, let me know now before my feelings get really sucked in but never received a response. But, when I would pray about something with him or something I was struggling with him, God would give me peace. God put him in my life and mine in his for a reason.

As I had stated, when I had that experience with God and him telling me he'd be the one I married, at the time, I wasn't extremely close to him, and he was with someone and I didn't have feelings for him. So when that happened, even though it was an extremely powerful event that happened, I still questioned. But with that deep peace trickling thru my entire body for almost 6 hrs that day, I felt it must be true even tho I couldn't see it ever happening.

That prayer u said at the end. I just prayed that before. And will try to continue saying it but it sounds strange to thank him for his salvation before he even accepts Christ.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
this is something I've been struggling with a lot and have asked a lot of prayer for bc I really need help in this area.

Nearly 4 yrs ago now, God revealed something to me. Something that he promises will happen. I didn't believe him at first and highly doubted, but over the course of the last 4 years, I've seen him answer prayers and reveal things to me but now at a standstill.

I believe God is trying to teach me patience as the times when I get frustrated or start to doubt, he'll let me wallow in that negativety for a bit, but then he sends out a reminder to me by giving me peace and telling me to be patient, wait and relax.

He has done this to me often in the past couple months and I'm doing my best but I'm just really curious as to why God will reveal something to us and then make us wait years upon years for it to come to past?

Why?

This situation is the hardest thing I've been thru. Often times, felt like giving up.. But what's the point in that? I am in this situation for a reason but I don't understand

I'm doing my very best to trust God but when the doubts, worry and frustration come onto play, it's tough shooing them away. To me, it feels like God isn't working in this persons life. I see nothing. No positive difference yet been praying for this for oover 6 yrs now. Am I going to give up? No. Have I taken a break from praying for them? Yes....

I need encouragement

I've been reading up on waiting on God and I need to do those things. Bc I don't want to stay in this situation and be completely stressed out all the time.

But if someone could answer my original question, I'd really appreciate it.
Coming from a guy who god reveled that I would be preaching, have a very successful career, walk in prophecy ar least a year for each of those. Its because we aren't ready for it yet, I wasn't ready for example to preach years ago and just got that approval from god months ago, and looking back I realize I wasn't ready to preach. I didn't know nearly as much about the Bible as I know now and my spiritual state wasn't good I wasn't saved yet. I'm still waiting and working towards the other things. Not only does god do this to teach us patience but in many cases we simply aren't ready for the calling or purpose or he has a set time for it for a set reason. But in the meantime work towards that calling or purpose this video I saw yesterday may help.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Jesus, My Savior and Lord is my hiding place
Nov 30, 2015
My Citizenship is in Heaven
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That prayer u said at the end. I just prayed that before. And will try to continue saying it but it sounds strange to thank him for his salvation before he even accepts Christ.

Thanking God for His salvation, gets you on the faith side of things. Gets you walking according to mark 11:22-25. We believe we receive those things we ask for, because we know that they are something that God desires for each person. We are standing in faith for God to fufill His promise.

This morning I prayed what turkle said to pray about. I prayed and I even let my desires down just to see. I prayed about the situation and he and I and asked God if some of this was my own desires and not his will, to let me know. Idk what else I prayed but asked for his guidance and direction and to tell me and let me know. After I finished praying, I just relaxed. Although I feel "at peace", I don't feel that deep peace I'm used to, so I'm unsure of what God is saying

This is when I get confused though. Bc, I know what God has told me in the past, I know that most of the times when he shared something with me, he gave me peace. Now, if these were my own desires, I wouldn't be able to give myself that type of peace even if I wanted to. So, with that, I believe all that has happened to me, has come directly from God.

Many times in the past 8 1/2 years, I have come to God with a what do I do about the situation I am in. In the beginning I questioned Him a lot about being where I am. And each time as I waited on Him for the answers, He would either remind me of what He already said or He would give me a new peace and grace to keep hanging on.

So just keep trusting Him to lead and guide you. When feeling confused... remind yourself that confusion does not come from God, and begin to thank God for His wisdom. Sometimes our minds are not hearing correctly because of other things clouding our thinking, and as we renew our minds to being His sheep and knowing His voice (john 10) then our minds begin to realize and accept that we will know that answer when the Holy Spirit speaks it to us. And we can just rejoice and praise God for His ability to speak to our hearts and guide us to what He desires we know.

If you continue to thank Him He will show you the way.
You may feel confused because in your heart, it may feel like your praying against what you believe God has already given you. And your mind is saying this is foreign to me. But as you lay all these burdens at His very loving and capable feet trusting Him and praying in faith for what you believe He told you, then you will find your strength and peace to continue to stand and wait. We also find our strength in praise and joy. For Nehemiah 8:10 says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. So when your feint stressed out or feeling doubt or heaviness... start praising the Lord. It can be a praise song like your my all in all, or shout to the Lord... or it can be thank You Lord over and over, or something you made up. It does not matter as long as your words are praising Him and thanking Him for loving you and leading you and helping you.

Find your peace and don't allow the devil to stealing from you.

Blessings

Upvote 0