Why does God reveal something will take place Years before it happens?

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
this is something I've been struggling with a lot and have asked a lot of prayer for bc I really need help in this area.

Nearly 4 yrs ago now, God revealed something to me. Something that he promises will happen. I didn't believe him at first and highly doubted, but over the course of the last 4 years, I've seen him answer prayers and reveal things to me but now at a standstill.

I believe God is trying to teach me patience as the times when I get frustrated or start to doubt, he'll let me wallow in that negativety for a bit, but then he sends out a reminder to me by giving me peace and telling me to be patient, wait and relax.

He has done this to me often in the past couple months and I'm doing my best but I'm just really curious as to why God will reveal something to us and then make us wait years upon years for it to come to past?

Why?

This situation is the hardest thing I've been thru. Often times, felt like giving up.. But what's the point in that? I am in this situation for a reason but I don't understand

I'm doing my very best to trust God but when the doubts, worry and frustration come onto play, it's tough shooing them away. To me, it feels like God isn't working in this persons life. I see nothing. No positive difference yet been praying for this for oover 6 yrs now. Am I going to give up? No. Have I taken a break from praying for them? Yes....

I need encouragement

I've been reading up on waiting on God and I need to do those things. Bc I don't want to stay in this situation and be completely stressed out all the time.

But if someone could answer my original question, I'd really appreciate it.

Cturtle

Jesus, My Savior and Lord is my hiding place
Nov 30, 2015
My Citizenship is in Heaven
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Something to think about.... it's not God making you wait, but God waiting on you to fully believe and trust in Him. And to be obedient in what He desires fpr you to do. His grace has brought you peace, and His grace for you is teaching you that He is very trustworthy.

Hebrews 11:6 says ....
But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].
Hebrews 11:6 AMPC

In those times when your doubting Him, it's tying the hands of your angels. Plus the enemy will make sure that what you see with your natural eyes will be the opposite of what your praying for. What is left up to You is to trust God no matter what you see, think, hear or feel.

Think about Abraham and Sarah. They had been married for over 75 years, and never had a child. Then one day God tells them, your gonna have a baby. Sounds impossible right. A 100 year old man and a woman who is 90, and could not have kids even when she was 20. But Romans 4:18- 21 says...

[For Abraham, human reason for] hope being gone, hoped in faith that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been promised, So [numberless] shall your descendants be. [Gen. 15:5.]

He did not weaken in faith when he considered the [utter] impotence of his own body, which was as good as dead because he was about a hundred years old, or [when he considered] the barrenness of Sarah's [deadened] womb. [Gen. 17:17; 18:11.]

No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and to do what He had promised.
Romans 4:18‭-‬21 AMPC

Abraham made the choice to believe beyond what he could see in the natural. And in vs. 24... it says that it was written in the Bible for our benefit as well.

In John Jesus told Martha, if she will believe she will see the glory. Our Faith is what actually makes things to happen. Just like the woman with the issue of blood. Her faith is what made her whole. For had she not pulled on her faith, and Jesus power, she would not have received her healing.

So we must be like her. Believing we receive God's promises as soon as He makes them known to us (Mark 11:22-25). Then as we stand in faith...and are obedient to His Word, and commands (John 14:21) (walking in love) His promises will be manifested in our lives. But we have to have Abraham faith. Not moved by what we see, feel (emotions), or hear.

Will be praying for you!
Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Something to think about.... it's not God making you wait, but God waiting on you to fully believe and trust in Him. And to be obedient in what He desires fpr you to do. His grace has brought you peace, and His grace for you is teaching you that He is very trustworthy.

Hebrews 11:6 says ....
But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].
Hebrews 11:6 AMPC

In those times when your doubting Him, it's tying the hands of your angels. Plus the enemy will make sure that what you see with your natural eyes will be the opposite of what your praying for. What is left up to You is to trust God no matter what you see, think, hear or feel.

No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and to do what He had promised.
Romans 4:18‭-‬21 AMPC

Abraham made the choice to believe beyond what he could see in the natural. And in vs. 24... it says that it was written in the Bible for our benefit as well.

In John Jesus told Martha, if she will believe she will see the glory. Our Faith is what actually makes things to happen. Just like the woman with the issue of blood. Her faith is what made her whole. For had she not pulled on her faith, and Jesus power, she would not have received her healing.

So we must be like her. Believing we receive God's promises as soon as He makes them known to us (Mark 11:22-25). Then as we stand in faith...and are obedient to His Word, and commands (John 14:21) (walking in love) His promises will be manifested in our lives. But we have to have Abraham faith. Not moved by what we see, feel (emotions), or hear.

Will be praying for you!
Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

So even though I lifted the entire situation to God and didn't doubt for a month, that doesn't count? I read articles last night that spoke about how God makes us wait when he's trying to work things out and how in the mean time, we're supposed to praise and thank him for what he has done and what he will do. One article also stated how we should pray and ask God to reveal to us what we need to work on ourselves.

Reading those articles and reading your post is confusing me a little bit.

I know God is trustworthy but sometimes what I see right in front of me, what I've been praying about isn't improving so I start getting frustrated and doubting yet I'm still trying.

I may be doubting however if I didn't have faith that he would follow thru I would've given up a long time ago yet I do struggle to trust him sometimes despite all the answers to other prayers. I feel like he's testing me or allowing Satan to have his way with me sometimes.

I just don't know how to completely lose this fear about the situation. Lot of fear and frustration involved. I pray every night but it never seems to change or improve over the plast 6 months. I'm not sure what God is trying to teach me though

Question for you. If God is waiting for me to fully trust him, then why has God on numerous occasions, told me to relax, have patience and just wait? If God were waiting on me and my faith in order to answer these prayer requests, then why tell me to be patient and just wait? Instead, shouldn't he have audibly told me to have faith and trust him instead of audibly telling me to relax, be patient and wait?

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
this is something I've been struggling with a lot and have asked a lot of prayer for bc I really need help in this area.

Nearly 4 yrs ago now, God revealed something to me. Something that he promises will happen. I didn't believe him at first and highly doubted, but over the course of the last 4 years, I've seen him answer prayers and reveal things to me but now at a standstill.

I believe God is trying to teach me patience as the times when I get frustrated or start to doubt, he'll let me wallow in that negativety for a bit, but then he sends out a reminder to me by giving me peace and telling me to be patient, wait and relax.

He has done this to me often in the past couple months and I'm doing my best but I'm just really curious as to why God will reveal something to us and then make us wait years upon years for it to come to past?

Why?
The Bible holds His standards, promises and assurances.

This situation is the hardest thing I've been thru. Often times, felt like giving up.. But what's the point in that? I am in this situation for a reason but I don't understand

I'm doing my very best to trust God but when the doubts, worry and frustration come onto play, it's tough shooing them away. To me, it feels like God isn't working in this persons life. I see nothing. No positive difference yet been praying for this for oover 6 yrs now. Am I going to give up? No. Have I taken a break from praying for them? Yes....

I need encouragement
Romans 15:13
Lamentations 3:22-23
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
1 John 3:1-3
1 Corinthians 15:58

I've been reading up on waiting on God and I need to do those things. Bc I don't want to stay in this situation and be completely stressed out all the time.
What exactly do mean when you say you're waiting on God?

But if someone could answer my original question, I'd really appreciate it.
God isn't strong arming that person into doing something, if the person you're
praying for isn't willing to change, that's why there's delay.
I've witnessed this when praying for someone to get saved and or to have that
certain guy that I was so in love with to be interested in marrying me.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God isn't strong arming that person into doing something, if the person you're
praying for isn't willing to change, that's why there's delay.
I've witnessed this when praying for someone to get saved and or to have that
certain guy that I was so in love with to be interested in marrying me.

Amen! God is a gentleman, and does not force anyone to do anything. The devil is the one who does that, so if we try to pray for God to change or force someone to do what we want.. We are behaving devilish.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But.. I've heard stories of where God basically grasped a non believer and brought them to himself and this person didn't want anything to do with God but after God showed him who he was, the person dedicated his life to him.

What about those instances?

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So even though I lifted the entire situation to God and didn't doubt for a month, that doesn't count? I read articles last night that spoke about how God makes us wait when he's trying to work things out and how in the mean time, we're supposed to praise and thank him for what he has done and what he will do. One article also stated how we should pray and ask God to reveal to us what we need to work on ourselves.

Reading those articles and reading your post is confusing me a little bit.

I know God is trustworthy but sometimes what I see right in front of me, what I've been praying about isn't improving so I start getting frustrated and doubting yet I'm still trying.

I may be doubting however if I didn't have faith that he would follow thru I would've given up a long time ago yet I do struggle to trust him sometimes despite all the answers to other prayers. I feel like he's testing me or allowing Satan to have his way with me sometimes.

I just don't know how to completely lose this fear about the situation. Lot of fear and frustration involved. I pray every night but it never seems to change or improve over the plast 6 months. I'm not sure what God is trying to teach me though

Question for you. If God is waiting for me to fully trust him, then why has God on numerous occasions, told me to relax, have patience and just wait? If God were waiting on me and my faith in order to answer these prayer requests, then why tell me to be patient and just wait? Instead, shouldn't he have audibly told me to have faith and trust him instead of audibly telling me to relax, be patient and wait?

I apologize for the confusion. There are times when (especially if we are praying for others or things really big.. like a house or something) that our faith must have patience to go alongside with it. And just because we waited for a month it's like half a second in Gods timing. Every situation is different, and yes God may have things that He is making solid within us while we are trusting in Him to manifest things we are Praying for in our lives.

Our pastor has a saying.... doubt despairs, complains and is sad... faith rejoices, gives thanks and is glad.

God knows that you are trying your best to trust Him. But He also knows that a spirit of fear is trying to take root in your life. So I believe that is what He is working on with you. He does not desire for you to be afraid that something will not happen... But that you will not be moved emotionally when things don't happen in the time frame that you think it should happen. I have been there many times, and each time I get stronger in my trust. Think of it like God stretching your faith.

God also does not allow satan to do anything to you. That's a misunderstanding of what happened to job.

By God telling you to relax and calm down, shows how much He loves you and is helping you to get to the place of total trust. God speaks to us in our spirits. It's not normally audible, but can sound to us like it's audible.

God desires for you to build a relationship with Him and continually fellowship with Him. And to remember that faith is not a feeling. Faith is a trust, that knows He is working on things, even when we cannot see it working. Or feel Him near us. Knowing and believing His Word That He will never leave us nor forsake us. And always has our best interest at hand.

The Holy Spirit lives in us, and is with us always.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
But.. I've heard stories of where God basically grasped a non believer and brought them to himself and this person didn't want anything to do with God but after God showed him who he was, the person dedicated his life to him.

God is constantly wooing or calling us to Himself. God in His grace showed this person things about themselves, that sounds like it shook them up.

But honestly there may be some facts to the story that we have not heard. Like a praying grandma, that was constantly reminding God of His Word, and praying in faith for this person. Faith can move mountains if we believe.

Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritofaDove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

What non believer(s) are you talking about?

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Patience is hard. For me, I've been praying for this situation for 6 yrs. And as I originally stated, things seem to be going in one direction.

For me, a month is a long time. Yes I hate despair and doubt and frustration-- i'm trying not to do that.

I thought Satan is allowed to tempt us and do whatever he can to try to make us stray away from God?

God has often been telling me that. Yes, I know he loves me, yet, sometimes it's still hard to believe that. Honestly, I guess when God first spoke to me 4 yrs ago about this certain thing, I Thought he was going to have it all figured out within a few years but, it doesn't seem any closer to being near the end of the tunnel. I feel like what God told me 4 yrs ago, will not happen for a long time but, where he is leading me now? maybe like you were saying -- he wants me to stop worrying and start trusting him more. God probably is trying to stretch my faith w/ this. One of the toughest things I've ever had to go through.

Even last night, I couldn't sleep. I woke up really early and was shaking inside. I prayed long and hard about this situation and other things and was filled w/ peace yet again and even though God didn't tell me anything this time around, I feel he was just saying the same things he had been saying in the past.

Your last 2 paragraphs mean the most to me. I know faith isn't a feeling but, it's just so difficult. I don't know how to get through the day. I spend a lot of time in prayer usually every night and morning.

I apologize for the confusion. There are times when (especially if we are praying for others or things really big.. like a house or something) that our faith must have patience to go alongside with it. And just because we waited for a month it's like half a second in Gods timing. Every situation is different, and yes God may have things that He is making solid within us while we are trusting in Him to manifest things we are Praying for in our lives.

Our pastor has a saying.... doubt despairs, complains and is sad... faith rejoices, gives the is and is glad.

God knows that you are trying your best to trust Him. But He also knows that a spirit of fear is trying to take root in your life. So I believe that is what He is working on with you. He does not desire for you to be afraid that something will not happen... But that you will not be moved emotionally when things don't happen in the time frame that you think it should happen. I have been there many times, and each time I get stronger in my trust. Think of it like God stretching your faith.

God also does not allow satan to do anything to you. That's a misunderstanding of what happened to job.

By God telling you to relax and calm down, shows how much He loves you and is helping you to get to the place of total trust. God speaks to us in our spirits. It's not normally audible, but can sound to us like it's audible.

God desires for you to build a relationship with Him and continually fellowship with Him. And to remember that faith is not a feeling. Faith is a trust, that knows He is working on things, even when we cannot see it working. Or feel Him near us. Knowing and believing His Word That He will never leave us nor forsake us. And always has our best interest at hand.

The Holy Spirit lives in us, and is with us always.

Blessings

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What non believer(s) are you talking about?

It was a story a non-christian gave at my church several years ago about his life. He said he never wanted to go to church and he was always denying it saying it didn't matter, he didn't care. But, one day, he said he felt a powerful feeling inside of him and he felt led to go to church. He said he was fighting the feeling yet, he couldn't overpower it and he went and he experienced the most amazing thing where God showed up in his life and he opened the Bible and experienced God like never before. He was so filled w/ the spirit, and wanted to spend the rest of his life working for God.

Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God is constantly wooing or calling us to Himself. God in His grace showed this person things about themselves, that sounds like it shook them up.

But honestly there may be some facts to the story that we have not heard. Like a praying grandma, that was constantly reminding God of His Word, and praying in faith for this person. Faith can move mountains if we believe.

Blessings

That's what I've been doing for the past 6 yrs and for the past several months, my mom has jumped on board praying for this particular situation. I will never give up praying for this situation/person but, its frustrating bc of what God has shared w/ me and me not knowing how things or when things will turn out.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I thought Satan is allowed to tempt us and do whatever he can to try to make us stray away from God?

Satan wants you to think that God allows him to tempt you, to make you stray, because it causes us to have difficulty fully trusting in God. How can someone fully trust in God if we think he plays both sides of the fence? If He is both evil and good? In James 1:13 it says.... And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, "God is tempting me." God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.

There is a huge difference between being tempted and our faith being tested or tried. God will never use anything evil or that the Bible says is wrong to tempt anyone. James 1:14 says temptation comes from our own desires....(Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away... nlt)

Can you have full trust in someone who at one moment tells you that it's ok to eat a piece of cake, and then reams you 5 minutes later because you ate it? I know i would have difficulty. Because you never know where they stand. How they are going to react.

God will test our faith, though. He will encourage us to believe for something, like a new skateboard let's say.... And you know that you don't have the money to buy it. But He says I want you to have the best, and I want to give it to you, so go and pick it out. Pick out the best wheels and trucks and what size board and bearings, and do you want grip tape or what not. So you go and make a list of all the parts, because you trust that God is going to provide this for you. And then God says ok, now I want for you to go and do this and that. And 3 months go by and you still don't have a new board. So what do you do? Do you Keep trusting that what He has promised will happen, because you know He is trustworthy? Or do you give up and say this is nuts. It's never going to happen?
That is something that is stretching your faith. It's not evil or bad to want a new skateboard.

I know that when our faith is being stretched, it's never easy at first. And God sees that you are doing your best. And that is why He encourages you, and tells you to relax and calm down. He lives you and desires for you to pass this test. For our life's tests, that come from Him are an open book test. Isn't that peaceful and encouraging? God loves us so much that when He is stretching our faith, He gives us the answers, so we can get it right. He is not trying to trick anyone.

when God first spoke to me 4 yrs ago about this certain thing, I Thought he was going to have it all figured out within a few years but, it doesn't seem any closer to being near the end of the tunnel

God has it already figured out, I can assure you. The hard part is that we don't know all the details as to how and why and where. This is what make it to where we have to keep our trust in Him. To rely on Him every moment of every day

I don't know how to get through the day. I spend a lot of time in prayer usually every night and morning.

You take one moment at a time. You immerse yourself in Scriptures that bring comfort and peace to you. And when your tempted to worry or fear, you pull one of the Scriptures to your mind, and chew on it. I have even had times when I say over and over... I trust you Lord. So that my peace would return. I had the temptation and opportunity to fear. But I made the decision that I would trust no matter what. And after a few minutes of resisting the fear... it was gone.

I always thought that when I resisted something that it would take a long time and was afraid I would not be able to do it. But when i began to resist, and tell the enemy, my Bible says that if I resist you, that you have to flee. You have no choice. They have to flee. They have no power unless we give it to them, and that's what a lot of people don't realize. The devil has deceived so many people to believe that He is powerful. He is not. His biggest tactic against us is trickery and deception. He knows that if he can get us to believe something and then say it, we have just given him the right to mess with us. We gave him a shot at us that he did not have coming. Ephesians 4:27 says to give the devil no opportunity. And then we see in 1 peter 5:8 it says the enemy growls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He has to have permission from us to devour or mess with us.

Another thing to watch out for is that the enemy comes disguised as an angel of light. He does not come all mean and nasty like Freddy or Jason. Or like the cartoons show him with red horns and a pitchfork. He will come as someone, lkke a good friend, to tell you something opposite of what God says, and tricks us into accepting a lie. Read 1 kings 13:1-30 and it will show you what I mean.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was a story a non-christian gave at my church several years ago about his life. He said he never wanted to go to church and he was always denying it saying it didn't matter, he didn't care. But, one day, he said he felt a powerful feeling inside of him and he felt led to go to church. He said he was fighting the feeling yet, he couldn't overpower it and he went and he experienced the most amazing thing where God showed up in his life and he opened the Bible and experienced God like never before. He was so filled w/ the spirit, and wanted to spend the rest of his life working for God.

Did that non-christian ever get saved?

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
but, its frustrating bc of what God has shared w/ me and me not knowing how things or when things will turn out.

This is what the enemy is using against you to keep you from totally trusting God. You have to be at the place where you trust God to work it all out even if you don't know how He is going to do it. It's not our responsibility to know how... just to trust Him to get it done. We have to trust when we can see no way. I'm going on 8 1/2 years now. And trust me I have run the whole line of emotions. But like you I just trust.

So keep your head up, your faith consistently encouraged, and know that even when thoughts come about not knowing or trusting, that your spirit trusts, and that God is not mad at you if you are tempted to think it will never happen.

If when a thought comes, and you tell yourself, no I refuse to think you... And then get your mind focused on something else, your on the right path. If you trip, and react or speak what your thinking, repent and keep trying to not allow your emotions to be in control. God is more concerned about the process of your standing in faith (or putting it all into practice) than your being able to do it perfectly. It's His grace that is carrying you, and that He is teaching you about as well as the stretching of your faith, and trust and patience.

How much time do you spend meditating in the Word? And listening to preaching?

I will keep you and your situation lifted up in prayer, joining my faith with you and your mom.

Love you in Christ my little sister

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Even last night, I couldn't sleep. I woke up really early and was shaking inside. I prayed long and hard about this situation and other things and was filled w/ peace yet again and even though God didn't tell me anything this time around, I feel he was just saying the same things he had been saying in the past.

Have you ever had a situation where someone told you something and it brought you immediate peace and everytime you thought about what was said it gave you peace? Something you could rest in? Like having a big comfy blanket that just made you feel cozy and comfy and fully relaxed?

That's how you have to become with God and His Word. Even if you don't feel Him right next to you or at peace at first.

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟224,107.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my own experience, and to the best of my recollection with the many dozens of Christians I know, I have never heard of God saying that something specific is going to happen in the future. I know that it has happened in scripture, but the only one I can think of off hand is Abraham. In his case, God gave him the vision because God was going to accomplish the gathering of His people through Abraham. There may be others that don't immediately come to mind, but if so, it was for Kingdom purposes.

What I have seen, in my own life and in others, is the belief that something is God's will when it really isn't. The reason we hold on to this belief is because we want it so badly. When whatever it is fails to work out, it's discouraging. This might be what is happening to you.

Because you have posted about this so many times in the past, I'm assuming that you are talking about your friend with whom you have been wanting a romantic relationship for several years. If I recall correctly, he is not a believer and is not interested in becoming one, and your relationship remains platonic. It sounds like you have put your life on hold waiting for him to become a believer and to begin a deeper relationship.

I think the important thing is to not question or doubt God, but to question yourself. When I release my own desires to Him and ask Him for direction, I usually find that I was the one who was wrong. When I whole heartedly submit to His will, even if it is in direct conflict to my desire, it is then that He makes it clear how to proceed. Sometimes I resist, and continue in misery. But when I stop resisting, then He shows me something that I never would have thought of had I kept a tight fist around what I wanted.

While I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case for you, based upon what you have said over a long period of time, and the fact that apparently nothing has changed in your friend's faith or your relationship, it certainly sounds like a good possibility. The only way to know for sure is to surrender the whole thing to Him and to be willing to accept whatever He says. When I do this He usually he steers me in a different direction. I never know what the outcome will be in the beginning, but as time goes on, it all crystalizes perfectly. This has happened to me many times, and each time the outcome was far better than I expected, and I found myself on my knees thanking Him for saying "No" to what ever it was that I so desperately desired.

What I do know is that God can and must be trusted. If you are willing to possibly hear what you don't want to hear, it is an act of faith. We know from scripture that without faith it is impossible to please God. So my advice to you is to ask God in faith if you really heard Him or yourself 4 years ago about this person. If God clearly confirms that what you believe really is His will, then you will know to wait in faith and circumstances will materialize. But if it came from your own desires, then be ready to move forward by the leading of the Holy Spirit and nothing else. I promise you that if you are listening closely to Him, you will be very glad you did.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's what I've been doing for the past 6 yrs and for the past several months, my mom has jumped on board praying for this particular situation. I will never give up praying for this situation/person but, its frustrating bc of what God has shared w/ me and me not knowing how things or when things will turn out.

As I read the last post, I thought I would tell you a story... a long time ago, a man was warned about marrying the girl who has now been his ex wife for about 15 years. She was not saved when they were dating and he got her saved just so that they could marry and not be unequally yoked. But he learned his lesson, the hard way. And had to go through some pretty aweful times before they got a divorce.

I also know of another lady.. who her husband had been praying about her and told him ahead of time that she was to be his wife. And they have been married for many, many years and have a anointed ministry.

So make sure that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has told you that this person is going to be your spouse. Because of its not from God, it could turn out diasaterous, and painful for you.

We will be praying for his salvation and if you will pray this prayer... And then begin to constantly thank God for His salvation, then salvation will come.

Father in the name of Jesus we bind the strongman from the mind of this youngman. We bind any spirit that is holding him captive from manifesting in His life any longer, to keep him out of Your kingdom.

LORD You know who this young man will listen to. We are asking You to send laborers across his path woth the Word of his salvation, the Word of his healing and the Word of his deliverance.

We ask Father that You grant unto him the gift of repentance accprding to 2 timothy 2:24-26. And draw him into Your heavenly light. Bless him Lord with grace and mercy. We plead the blood of Jesus over him and claim him for You. In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen

Upvote 0