US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sure this has been asked a million times and no one has an answer...

Just read Yahoo news story about the 8 year old that was found strangled by her grandmother. I'm upset. I don't understand God sometimes. It's not his fault, and yes I know his son died too, and yes I know sin is sin, and yes I know there are no 'good' people. But what I can't understand is why God who is loving and kind lets kids and people die brutally.

To me the world seems pretty lawless and Godless...

I mean my aunt went around preaching for a year God healed her from cancer and then she died of cancer.... Why would God want himself to look bad?

I have been Spirit filled so I know God has to be real, but why does he seem so absent in this world?

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟841,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." 2nd Corinthians 4:4.

It's appointed for all of us to die. There's never been a promise of Christians or anyone living a full, long, healthy life. I struggled when my dad was killed in a work accident at 42. I grew up surrounded by pain, abuse, and neglect. But I can see how God delivered me and molded me in such a way that I'm a better man today going through that than if I hadn't.

The world has always been a brutal place. The greatest heroes in the bible experienced a difficult, trying life and often died horrifically. A lot of the disciples were captured, beaten, crucified, etc. And, as you already said, Jesus Himself went through some bad stuff as well.

When God gave man freewill, it was man's decision to include Him or not. We see how our schools and government has turned out the more we kick God from those institutions.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
There's no way to know how many of these things he actually does stop. For all we know, we are only seeing a small fraction of what we would do to each other if he didn't restrain man's sinful desires or block their plans and actions.

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all sinful from the moment of conception and justly deserving of excruciatingly agonising eternal torture. The question is not why we sometimes get what we deserve but why God by his grace even allows any good things happen to us at all.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really know..
I mean, my dad had lung cancer and the doctors told us that he'd only have 3 months to live. My dad was strong, handsome..and hardworking. Never would I have imagined something insidiously ugly was destroying him on a cellular level and leave him with no hair (due to radiation), weak, fatigued, no appetite..etc. It was painfully hard to watch the process. God gave my dad a year to live. I'm thankful for that year. After He died..I struggled with some hard questions of my own. But a few years after his passing, I came to realize that God used that tragic situation to bring me and my family closer to Him which is a big one and to bring people into our lives..strangers, relatives, friends..etc. Still don't understand some questions still..but the main takeaway is..God didn't simply 'let' this happen to my dad, me, and my family.. I know for a fact that He redeems things and turns it out for good. The tragedy didn't just end with his passing.

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really know..
I mean, my dad had lung cancer and the doctors told us that he'd only have 3 months to live. My dad was strong, handsome..and hardworking. Never would I have imagined something insiduously ugly was destroying him on a cellular level and leave him with no hair (due to radiation), weak, fatigued, no appetite..etc. It was painfully hard to watch the process. God gave my dad a year to live. I'm thankful for that year. After He died..I struggled with some hard questions of my own. But a few years after his passing, I came to realize that God used that tragic situation to bring me and my family closer to Him which is a big one and to bring people into our lives..strangers, relatives, friends..etc. Still don't understand some questions still..but the main takeaway is..God didn't simply 'let' this happen to my dad, me, and my family.. I know for a fact that He redeems things and turns it out for good. The tragedy didn't just end with his passing.
Are you Jesus? Your words are red.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I always answer.

God is not standing by your side right now and this is not heaven or a garden paradise.
Originally God did walk with Adam, but Adam choose a different path.

2 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.

We were removed from the Garden, and now reside outside of Gods Kingdom.
A very long and pain free life stuck on this earth is not God's highest priority.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are no easy answers. I don't understand God either, but then if I could, He wouldn't be a greater power than I am. Some things just make no sense--to us, but for incomprehensible reasons, they do to Him. The only thing I can tell myself is that one of these days we will understand, but in this state of being, we are simply not capable. It's on par (but on a much grander scale) with a child thinking a parent is mean for refusing to let him limit his diet to ice cream, donuts, and marshmallows. To him, sweet stuff with no nutrients tastes good, and therefore, that's what IS good. He doesn't understand the parent's superior reasoning.

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God gave Adam choice & dominion = sovereignty & control.

Gen 1:26 God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness & ""let them have dominion"" over the fish of the sea & over the fowl of the air & over the cattle & ""over all the earth""

Man owned earths title deed right here.

A sovreign creator God is still Ruler & Lawgiver over man.

God gives man instructions with choice & consequences:

Gen 2:17 Of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

Gen 3:6 The woman saw that the tree was good for food & that it was pleasant to the eyes &
""""a tree to be desired to make one wise""""",

she took of the fruit thereof, and ate & gave also unto her husband with her & he ate

In return to be made wise (knowledge) and self governance. Adam trade's the deed to sin's purveyor.

Rom 5:12 By one man (Adam) sin entered into the world & death by sin & so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

Some good news:

Rom 5:19 (B) By the obedience of one (Jesus the Christ) shall many be made righteous

Rev 1
18 I am he that liveth, was dead; & behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; I have the keys of hell & of death

Sin's demanded wage PAID IN FULL! Jesus Death, Burial & Resurrection Redeems the rights to earths (Title deed/Mortgage scroll)

Rev 5
1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, & he can open the scroll & its 7 seals

7 Christ the Lamb came & took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne
(Right here: Jesus Is Given The (Mortgage Scroll/Title Deed) He Bought & Payed for With His Blood)

Finally:
In OT times these contracts were called mortgage scrolls. Inside the scroll the details of the contract were written down. The summary of the contract was written on the outside and sealed.

Only the owner of the contract had the legal right to break the seals attached to the outside of the mortgage scroll.

In Revelation every time we see a seal opened. We are one step closer to Christ 1000 yr reign. Maranatha

• Informative
Reactions: Satanist.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Just read Yahoo news story about the 8 year old that was found strangled by her grandmother. I'm upset. I don't understand God sometimes. It's not his fault, and yes I know his son died too, and yes I know sin is sin, and yes I know there are no 'good' people. But what I can't understand is why God who is loving and kind lets kids and people die brutally.

I mean my aunt went around preaching for a year God healed her from cancer and then she died of cancer.... Why would God want himself to look bad?

I have been Spirit filled so I know God has to be real, but why does he seem so absent in this world?

We live in a fallen world.. And the evidence we live in a fallen world is things that happen like an 8 year old being killed by their grandmother.. If we can say why did God allow this child to be killed we can also say why did God allow me to kick my toe on the corner of the furnature.. If we liveded in a world that was not fallen we would never experience any hardships and we would never hear of tradgic violent happenings.. Our world has a problem and it becomes clear once we here the News and read about such happenings.. We suffer because we are faulty and we live in a faulty world.. All people suffer one way or the other.. We Christians look formward to a perfect eternal existence. We have hope that our current existence is not for ever..

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you expect God to send angels to protect the child from her grandmother? i tell you that grandmother will try again and again to kill even the angels as well if she could. its the evil in herself that God cannot interfere because human are given free will, not created as robots.

God knows who is good and who is evil, each shall be rewarded.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13......and they were judged every man according to their works.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

My questions be why didn't the relatives/neighbors/teachers etc who had regular contact with the girl not report the signs of abuse...you see, I read about the girl having an old wound to her head that had maggots in it??? She also had old wounds, so there be a history of abuse...the girl
suffered so much in her short life...she even journaled about her experiences/hardships...
I believe she started journaling in 2013?
We are left asking... did anybody see or hear anything? She had two older siblings didn't they say anything about their home life?
Grandmother taking care of 3 children and the bedridden father... DSS does home checks/wellness checks etc when one person looking after so many???

The unknown part...did your aunt have cancer tests showing her cancer to be in remission?
Some people say they healed but that not be the case, don't blame God...cause he ain't in the lying business.

There plenty going on and people be silent...don't want to get involved.
Then something really bad goes down and people come out of the woodwork and
start saying stuff...as with the case of the grandmother who killed her grandchild.

My oh my, how much sooner could the case of Jaycee Dugard been resolved if "others" would
of done they jobs right...Jaycee Dugard- Massive Failures Admitted in Jaycee Case

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and yes I know his son died too

You can't gloss this over..this was the promise God made to Adam and Eve right after they fell. It is the key to unlock what is going on in this world. Jesus Christ dying on the cross is the greatest injustice that ever happened, and now through His death we have everything we need in this world. When God gave us Jesus Christ, He gave us everything that pertains to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).

So, as far as figuring out the whys, that is in Gods hands. Our minds are not big enough to contain why an omniscient God does anything. He tells us to trust in Him with all of our heart and lean not on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, God doesn't need us to think that he doesn't "look bad". I don't think it matters to him what we think of him. We need him more than he needs us. In fact, he doesn't need us at all. He is always omniscient and omnipotent, no matter whether we believe so or not.

To my understanding, we as humans sometimes don't understand how he works and likely never will. The human condition is assured pain and suffering due to the fall. People have free will to hurt others. It feels terribly unfair, and it is - but we were never promised that life would be fair.

God can, however, give us forgiveness, mercy, and comfort through grace, even though we deserve nothing. He loves us and is always there for us, and if we can endure through this human life with faith in him, then we will finally experience the peace and beauty of heaven. This may be a very simplistic and unsatisfying answer, but it's just my view.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It isn't that He is absent, it is that we are still a part of this world. Messiah earned the right to perfect us, but the time has not come for that perfecting. Until that takes place, we will continue to be exposed to unrighteousness, and some of us will even die horrible deaths. But that is in this world... there is a world to come and regardless of how we depart from this life, we have a promise in the next... as does that 8 year old. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no way to know how many of these things he actually does stop. For all we know, we are only seeing a small fraction of what we would do to each other if he didn't restrain man's sinful desires or block their plans and actions.
Right. For every bad thing that happens, There's a million things god prevents. Like my mom who was in an accident...she went off the road and she could have died..but she didn't. Where as ,another lady (girl in during juror duty told me this story) was ejected from her windshield and killed instantly. We tend to focus more on the bad, myself included, but I feel god is limited because we have free will,.,and what you're asking for (god to interv3ne 24/7. No pain,bloodshed or tear) is heaven on earth...and for that to happen everyone has to be on one accord and accept God...but everyone doesn't want God...so its humanity's will conflicting with God's will...and you have this, the current tragedy with slices of heaven thrown in (only bc of Gods mercy) on earth.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It isn't that He is absent, it is that we are still a part of this world. Messiah earned the right to perfect us, but the time has not come for that perfecting. Until that takes place, we will continue to be exposed to unrighteousness, and some of us will even die horrible deaths. But that is in this world... there is a world to come and regardless of how we depart from this life, we have a promise in the next... as does that 8 year old. :thumbsup:
Great explantion

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't really know..
I mean, my dad had lung cancer and the doctors told us that he'd only have 3 months to live. My dad was strong, handsome..and hardworking. Never would I have imagined something insidiously ugly was destroying him on a cellular level and leave him with no hair (due to radiation), weak, fatigued, no appetite..etc. It was painfully hard to watch the process. God gave my dad a year to live. I'm thankful for that year. After He died..I struggled with some hard questions of my own. But a few years after his passing, I came to realize that God used that tragic situation to bring me and my family closer to Him which is a big one and to bring people into our lives..strangers, relatives, friends..etc. Still don't understand some questions still..but the main takeaway is..God didn't simply 'let' this happen to my dad, me, and my family.. I know for a fact that He redeems things and turns it out for good. The tragedy didn't just end with his passing.
So true.. I hope to have faith as strong as yours one day.

Upvote 0