Why does god keeps rewarding awful behavior from women?

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably a troll, because if you removed the insane people from this forum, there would only be a few members still remaining.

And even though you just joined a week ago and have already posted more than 350 times and know the site well enough already to make such a sweeping statment, you couldn't POSSIBLY be one yourself :)

Upvote 0

MercyandFaith

Dec 25, 2012
✟22,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems that a lot of people are making snarky, insensitive or dismissive remarks of the OP. The OP posts a question that needs serious consideration, which is really just a version of the age-old "Why do the wicked prosper and the righteous suffer?" It's a 100% valid question, and many centuries haven't made it any less painful or demanding of an answer.

To be honest, I think there are a few things that need to be noted:

1. The wicked often do pay a price; just one that we don't see so readily or apparently.
2. Sometimes - oftentimes, in fact - bad things happen to the righteous. It's not fair. It's harsh, painful, feels unfair. But it is simply what happens. In a fallen world of decay, sin and evil, "righteous" people get hit by drunk drivers, too.

Upvote 0

Follower3

Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2013
✟388,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Azure, I don't know if I can answer your question, but you seem to be very angry, and anger is bad, especially when these feelings build up over a long time, you are judgemental of your overly sexual class mates( being judgemental is also bad)
My advice? Try to live in love, I understand maybe you are mad at God, but its hard to stay mad when you realize how much you love him, and how much he loves you.
Double up on your bible reading, and praying, it shouldn't be that much of a chore if your heart is right.
I will pray for peace for you, and for healing.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Follower, I don't want to sound rude, but I would like to suggest that your first paragraph comes across as saying "Azure, you're bad." You say that she is angry and angry is bad. You say she is judgemental and being judgemental is bad. The implied message is that she has two major character flaws that are bad: anger and judging. I don't really think that's a fair assessment based on this thread. I think people on this thread were harsh with her right off the bat - she has not been back in a while, and I think she's been "run off" because of the very type of attitude and message that you just posted. And telling her to double up on prayer and Bible reading shouldn't be much of a chore "if your heart is right" is also sending the message that if she only tries harder, God would deliver her from her issues.

This is a person who has some very deep hurts, and her response to that is self-preserving in her mind. Please. Have some compassion for this person....or as you suggest to her: try to live in love. Love overflows with compassion and mercy and grace and kindness and truth.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once upon the time there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit.

“Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.

“Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed.

“Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.

“Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

“Maybe,” said the farmer.

God works in mysterious ways. Even when the situation seems bad, He turns it around. It sometimes takes time, and sometimes, it may not. The good news is that He's with you no matter where you are in life, and that there may be positive outcomes to your situation, depending on how it'll go and how you decide to go with it.

There are a lot of characters in the Bible who have suffered from countless diseases, and yet God called them His children and blessed them. God never healed Paul's "thorn in the flesh" but God was always blessing the Apostle in other ways on his mission.

I'm really sorry that you had to go through with a lot. I hope that you aren't a troll because I remember your previous threads which weren't like this.

Upvote 0

Philpy1976

May 3, 2013
England
✟16,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many other girls from my class had similar things happen and they have men that love her, babies everywhere and not a scratch on them. It seems fornication and killing does not matter that much apparently. Sometimes I think it's satan who is rewarding them and not exactly god. If satan can give riches and stuff to those that come to him would killing activate some kind of evil energy that rewards this behavior? Yes it sounds strange but I don't know what to think anymore.

Read Matthew 4 (Temptaion of Jesus)

Satan offered Jesus the chance to rule over the kingdoms of Earth as a reward for falling down and worshiping him.

Jesus never says anything in reply that disputes that Satan could do this, He doesn't challenge Satan's ownership of the kingdoms, he doesn't deny that Satan can reward bad behaviour.

Satan can and will tempt, in order to tempt he obviously has things to offer!

The kingdoms (where we live) are his, if they were not Jesus would have told him, for this reason Jesus tells us we are no longer of this world (Satans kingdoms) and that he has overcome the world (Satans kingdoms).

What I am getting at here is YES, Satan can and will reward bad behaviour, it is how he keeps people blind to the need for a Messiah. Do the Bilderbergs et al. worship Molech because they are powerful? or are they powerful because they worship Molech?

But do not be deceived....

"what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?"

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is a waste of time. If AzureBlue is not a troll, she's at the very least not interested in anybody's advice. She hasn't responded since page 2.

She's just making a mockery out of Christianity and I'm not going to be a part of it. Unsubscribing.

Upvote 0

Philpy1976

May 3, 2013
England
✟16,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is a waste of time. If AzureBlue is not a troll, she's at the very least not interested in anybody's advice. She hasn't responded since page 2.

She's just making a mockery out of Christianity and I'm not going to be a part of it. Unsubscribing.

While this might be true, there will be others who view this thread in search of answers to similar questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody is answering my questions honestly and just using snap remarks like many other christians receive when ask important questions such as this.This is exactly why many leave the faith, lack of seriousness to another's pain, lack of compassion, lack of insight.

I do see more and more bad people being rewarded and those that keep the word suddenly getting diseases, shot, killed, jailed or just a bad life in general. The criminals get a free pass even by other christians. I am going to leave the faith as well as soon I log out. I still believe Jesus is my savior but I'm an agnostic about many stories in the bible, creation and the afterlife. Why should I bother believing when it's not ok question, be logical or just try to talk about anything that is real and happening right now before your eyes?

and what the H do you mean Willie by forgiveness? That I need to forgive this girl? seriously? that's the best you can come up with? I am not unforgiving BUT TELLIng THE STORY LIKE IT HAPPENED,YOU Are DOING THE SAME AS I was EXPECTING, TAKING HER SIDE AND IGNORING ALL THE PRECIOUS TIME I TOOK TO WRITE THIS FOR THE CHRISTIAN ANSWER AS TO WHY suffering of those that keep the word is so rampant?

It's really not your business why God blesses who He decides to bless. That's between them and God the question should be asked why aren't you blessed and I have a few answers but I don't want to give you the answer because it's a tad bit harsh.

I've kept the word and I've suffered and enjoyed life. I have a beautiful new born, I'm married to my college sweet heart, I own my own business I am in my dream law school, I teach Sunday school, I work with at risk kids, for the most part my life is good. I don't know any Christians that have been shot or any Christians in jail.....maybe it's the Christians you surround yourself with.

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I look at it this way....how can we understand all of GOD's wisdom, all his creation and all his workings? I have lived amongst the less than savory and have witnessed what would appear to be blessings, but in reality those appearances are not blessings because if we take into account all the teachings that JESUS CHRIST gave as example it would identify that we do not put our faith in treasures only in the principles of love that JESU CHRIST teaches/taught us, and that appearances can be shallow or misleading. That is why we have to lean not on our understanding, but on the grace of GOD through his son lord JESUS CHRIST.
If a person is held captive by the enemy sometimes the trapping appear to be something substantial when in the end they are hindrances and ties that bind.

We are not to be envious of others lives only pray for them, only love those that even persecute us. There comes a time when all of us will be judged and it is up to us to be enablers unto JESUS CHRIST, not away from him. If there is a scenario where we have to turn our backs on those whom pervert intentionally then by all means, but not without a sad enduring heart. GOD wishes that none of us perish, but that we be saved. Self condemnation exists and usually it is by our own choice that we fail to measure upto the cup and are led astray.

The enemy is roaring around us like a lion; seeking whom it can devour. Let that not happen, let not the enemy in the gates and let it not swallow us!

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I look at it this way....how can we understand all of GOD's wisdom, all his creation and all his workings? I have lived amongst the less than savory and have witnessed what would appear to be blessings, but in reality those appearances are not blessings because if we take into account all the teachings that JESUS CHRIST gave as example it would identify that we do not put our faith in treasures only in the principles of love that JESU CHRIST teaches/taught us, and that appearances can be shallow or misleading. That is why we have to lean not on our understanding, but on the grace of GOD through his son lord JESUS CHRIST.
If a person is held captive by the enemy sometimes the trapping appear to be something substantial when in the end they are hindrances and ties that bind.

We are not to be envious of others lives only pray for them, only love those that even persecute us. There comes a time when all of us will be judged and it is up to us to be enablers unto JESUS CHRIST, not away from him. If there is a scenario where we have to turn our backs on those whom pervert intentionally then by all means, but not without a sad enduring heart. GOD wishes that none of us perish, but that we be saved. Self condemnation exists and usually it is by our own choice that we fail to measure upto the cup and are led astray.

The enemy is roaring around us like a lion; seeking whom it can devour. Let that not happen, let not the enemy in the gates and let it not swallow us!

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But who's to say this young man didn't change this woman's life. Who's to say she didn't fall on her knees and beg forgiveness and regrets her life choices? I'm always happy when I see God give to anyone.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
But who's to say this young man didn't change this woman's life. Who's to say she didn't fall on her knees and beg forgiveness and regrets her life choices? I'm always happy when I see God give to anyone.

Right on! We should rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. And if someone does fall to their knees and repent, we should also rejoice. Hopefully that's what she did.

I made a lot of stupid mistakes when I was young, too. A lot of people do. And today I have a godly husband who loves me, I have a terrific son, and we have a good, quiet life together. I'm not going to feel guilty about what I have today just because I messed up years ago.

But on the other hand, the OP is mourning, so I mourn with her, and understand that it must be so painful and frustrating to know that she did everything "right" and is still suffering for it. And it seems like rubbing salt in the wound to see unrighteous people appear to be rewarded for bad behaviour.

Our starting point as believers is to come alongside this OP and make ourselves her allies, not her judge. It is our job to seek to understand her first, then gently restore her if she is struggling with something like resentment or bitterness. It does her no good at all to tear her down and pass judgement on her attitude.

Off-topic: Avniel, is that avatar your precious baby? Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Upvote 0
H

HauntedByYou

The only explanation I see from Christians is “well, God never promised you anything, not even for being good,” which, IMO, makes a mockery out of my sacrifices, or it raises the question, why then bother being good?

My good deeds / being good, trusting God, etc, is NOT being rewarded and by reward I don't mean a husband but at least being disease free. I see no point in keeping up the charade. Most Christians (preachers) do not honestly wrestle with these confusing, painful issues, but just toss out small, quick, pat answers.

Perhaps this is the most telling part of your post. To reword what you said 'why should i obey if i'm not getting something out of it?'. We obey God, not to receive what we want, think we deserve, etc.. We obey God because we honor Him, His truth and have a desire to live rightly. Making right choices isn't about getting our reward. Its about living right for the sake of, and desire to, live right. And if we get a reward, that much better.
And who's to say all rewards take place on earth? Some rewards are given in heaven.
Keeping at this charade is basically saying 'i sacrifice to get'. Which is no sacrifice at all. If you sacrifice with expectations then you aren't sacrificing, you're 'earning'. Which means you're being fake. That girl in your HS may have been skanky, but she was being honest with who she was. Meanwhile you are pretending to be good, when really your goodness is about getting what you want, not do good because its right.
This isn't to say i am unsympathetic to what you're going through. But seeing the attitude you put forth over this jumped out to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Later on she had three abortions (by her own will, not natural abortions)killing her babies because it interfered with her sex life. I mean I understand one abortion because she wasn't ready to be a mother but three? common now!

Then she kept getting in trouble with men and finally moved out of our state to Kansas, there she met a wonderful man, married him and had three children without any gynecological problems and they children were all healthy, thank god living in a beautiful ranch.
Well, if she repented and trusted herself to Jesus, then could have been when God blessed her with all she then had.

Also . . . if she was not changed, still there could be people who were praying for God to bless her. And so, even if she was not living for God, we can thank God that He did her some kind of good.

And getting a family could help to stop her from doing what she had been doing, which would be good for all the people she does not use and hurt. So, blessing her could be good for others :)

I have been single, but I have loved my other church people as myself, so that I am enjoying their marriages and having children, as much as if I myself were married and had children > because I care about them as much as I care about myself, their being blessed does me as much good as me getting blessed :) This could be a practical for-my-own-good "reason" why God says for me to love my neighbor as myself.

Now this is my thinking on the matter. I'm glad she was able to find some stability and that she didn't have the need to abort her children anymore, also finding a man that cares deeply for her.
What people show and tell may not be what God knows is really true, by the way.

However my head spins on circles when one day I visited a gynecologist because I had been bleeding for months and discovered that I am:

1. Infertile

2. Have polycystic ovarian syndrome and will probably need surgery to remove the cysts.

3. I'm unable to ovulate

4. Sometimes have very painful periods

and other health problems. I am a 26 year old virgin who trusted god's word about purity. I never went around provoking men, teasing others or stealing people's food or killing babies. It seems to me that I have all the reproductive problems without any of the moral causes that christians love to blame on people when a disease comes around "it must have been something sinful you did" but a woman who did all these atrocities suddenly has the good life and none of the consequences, honestly and sincerely I want to ask why does god allows this to happen?
"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba Father.'" (Romans 8:15)

The "Spirit of adoption" makes us lovingly adoptive. We adopt other people's being blessed as being blessed, ourselves, since we are all family together in Jesus. But there are people who are not part of this; they will always be present to abort our attention elsewhere. So, do not allow yourself and your attention to be aborted, but be adopted into lovingly adopting others and how they are blessed.

And we can adopt a child. But if our faith and hope lie in our genitals and what our bodies' reproductive organs can do . . . it is not wise to put your hope in sexual organs, for your fullfillment.

The only explanation I see from Christians is “well, God never promised you anything, not even for being good,” which, IMO, makes a mockery out of my sacrifices, or it raises the question, why then bother being good?

My good deeds / being good, trusting God, etc, is NOT being rewarded and by reward I don't mean a husband but at least being disease free. I see no point in keeping up the charade. Most Christians (preachers) do not honestly wrestle with these confusing, painful issues, but just toss out small, quick, pat answers.
Trusting God includes being "one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17) in His own love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5). And this is very fulfilling and satisfying more than any things and people of this life can be. So, if your "trusting God" has not brought this, in you . . . it is good to keep on and seek God for Himself, offering humbly :)

Jesus Himself says, "'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

If people do not give you right answers, this is your opportunity to love them and have hope for them, in prayer, honoring how Jesus suffered so on the cross for all of us > Jesus so suffered and died for any and all wrong people; so honor Jesus :)

They also take the person in question side ( oh poor girl, she must have suffered a lot, shut up and stop judging her) as if telling the story like it really happen it's suddenly "judging" and I can't use my reasoning abilities to feel that I have been robbed out of life while someone did everything they wanted and still got rewarded.
No one wrong has been rewarded by god for doing what is wrong. "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap eternal life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

By the way, it is possible for Satan to make it look as though God is the One rewarding a wrong person. Also, Satan is able to have you see things the wrong way . . . not having actually talked with her, and observed how she really is doing "behind closed doors".

But our Father does do good to undeserving people. So, if at some point you find you have been wrong, somehow, against Jesus - - even though you may be undeserving, Jesus so suffered and died for all of us who have been undeserving. We all qualify for the welfare of God's mercy ! :)

Being virgin for God, by the way, includes "rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

And Jesus does not have us giving up on wrong people > has our Groom given up on us? He did not give up on his disciples, though they were hypocritical and trying to be the greatest and being judging. So, our Groom does not give up on you, however you might realize you have been wrong. If you realize you have been wrong however, He is ready for you :) But He'll want you to be this way for others > "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32)

Many other girls from my class had similar things happen and they have men that love her, babies everywhere and not a scratch on them.
"He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
.Nor punished us according to our iniquities."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Psalm 103:10)

Therefore . . . in case she has not changed from being evil, our Father could be demonstrating to her how He does desire to bless people in spite of our being undeserving. Also, He will resist our prideful judging, by blessing people whom we take it on ourselves to judge nastily. "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble," we have in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. So, His blessing evil people can be in resistance to self-righteous people's conceited judging.

"For to this end we also labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:10)

So . . . whatever we go through, we will be better off by keeping on trusting our Father and Jesus. And have hope for any person, at all, not to give up on anyone, at all.

It seems fornication and killing does not matter that much apparently. Sometimes I think it's satan who is rewarding them and not exactly god. If satan can give riches and stuff to those that come to him would killing activate some kind of evil energy that rewards this behavior? Yes it sounds strange but I don't know what to think anymore.
Satan does not give; he has his people stealing what they get!!

And, no - - killing does not activate Satan's reward system. I offer, that any sinning can help to get a person deeper into involvement with Satan's evil spirit, so that the person is getting more and more deeply ruined, no matter what nice things of this life the person gets. You have "possibly" seen how very well-to-do actors so popular have done themselves in with drugs and divorce. So, they have not been rewarded, but stole what they were not ready to handle.

So, trusting our Father through Jesus includes trusting God to make sure we are His way so we are ready to handle however He does please to care for us, "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Upvote 0