Farmington
✟29,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Introduction: I was led by the Holy Spirit to compose a message based mainly on passages from all those books of the Bible that are the least read, and often ignored. I did not know the topic when I began, and it was only revealed as I flipped pages and wrote in my notebook; Thus this is truly of the Holy Ghost, and of the Father, and of the Word, who bear record in heaven, and these three are one (1 John 5:7), for, As it is written, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward." - 2 John 8

"Look to yourselves..." In another place it says "Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith, prove your own selves..." (2 Corinthians 13:5)

"That we lose not those thing which we have wrought: and the things we've wrought, that is what we have performed and established, sometimes takes great courage and resolve; for as Esther even went before the king and said, "Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:16), so too we can come to our King.

But our King is not as King Ahasuerus of Persia, but is Christ Jesus Himself, whom we can "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16) - And, I didn't plan those two "4:16s" together, but the Spirit did lead me there.

But let us not come before our King's throne with irreverence, or pride, or any such motive: for the LORD will not accept such an approach. But come with an holy boldness, and a humble and contrite spirit, or as it says in Isaiah 66:2, "saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word., and in the fear of God, and He shall receive you, just as the king received Esther, though he could have cut her down, for in those days and by the customs of the land, not even the Queen could approach the king without being beckoned.

"Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house. And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request?" (Esther 5:1-3)

Shall we not then come boldly before the throne of Grace - before our King of Kings and Lord of Lords, as the Scripture saith? But note that Esther came right: she prepared her heart before the LORD first, though neither the name of Elohim nor of Yahweh, or even Adonai appears in the Book of Esther, it is quite well implied she fasted unto the LORD to prepare to go before the King.

Let's go to Joel 1:14, "Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD" This is a call for revival, and a call to repentance: acknowledging our sin and the sin of the land, for we are at least partly at fault for the sinful conditions in our towns and cities, and our nation! Oh, those sins of omission are so at play here, when we could have been salt and light, and were not. I am guilty of this: I'll own this, and confess before the throne of Grace!

This is not a prophetic message about judgment coming up on America, though it has been coming and will come, but this we can do, as Joel 2:13-14 declares, "And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?"

"Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward," proclaiming "The kingdom shall be the LORD's" (Obadiah 21) I'm not talking about that dominion, kingdom now nonsense: False prophets and deceivers who mislead gullible and unstable souls. The kingdom shall be the LORD's" - He shall come in His glory and set up His kingdom He hath prepared!

Daniel 7:13-14, "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

It is only after Jesus establishes the kingdom, then "But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever." and "And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him." (Daniel 7:18 & 27)

Inheriting the kingdom is one of the rewards that the truly saved believer in Jesus receives. We ain't preparing nothing as far as establishing the kingdom, but are to preach the kingdom, and be obedient, preaching the gospel, and enduring to the end, overcoming! Don't wait till you're afflicted and in the belly of hell before you "cry by reason of your affliction" as Jonah did (Jonah 2:2) In fact, you may not think so, but our nation is in the "belly of hell" right now: she's gone there already, she's about been swallowed up, so beware, those of you who profess Christ, that you not descend along with the wicked on every side. I don't mean going to hell in the judgment: I mean that hell and affliction that is all about us, in our streets, and in some of our homes!

"Look to yourselves that you don't lose..." Hold on to Jesus. Jacob wrestled and would not let go (Genesis 32:26) That was Jesus. I believe that man Jacob wrestled was Jesus. First, he said "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." (Gen. 32:28), and then "Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there." (32:29) This is the same kind of reply the Angel of the LORD gives to Samson's Father Manoah in Judges 13:18, though here He says "Why asketh though thus after my name, seeing it is secret?" which "secret "in Hebrew is "Pela," which is the same word used in Isaiah 9:6, the Messianic prophecy calling His name "Wonderful."

And that same Wonderful Saviour, Jesus, Yeshua, who was secret in the days of Manoah, and who didn't even give a name to Jacob, but rather changed Jacobs name to Israel, shall reward us if we faint not. And we know God (Elohim) named Israel as Genesis 35:10 states, and also 2 Kings 17:34 says, "the LORD commanded the children of Jacob, whom he named Israel." That is Yahweh there, so we see the Trinity at play through all this. Let us then not be among those who cry, "The crown is fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!" (Lamentations 5:16) For He does desire us to have a reward!

You know the rewards Christ has for believers is rarely preached on, but Revelation 22:12 says, "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." I've heard a few preachers mention rewards, but more like, "You know, there are rewards, and you can lose them by disobedience, but you'll still be saved." Now I understand 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 explains there will be some who get rewards, and some who lose them, suffering loss, but being saved yet so as by fire. But that is not telling us to passively teach about rewards as if they're not that important.

What does John admonish us in the opening passage? "Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."" Now look at Matthew 10:41-42, and mark 9:31 - "He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."

Receiving God's people, or even giving a drink of cold water to someone has rewards. Then, those who are persecuted have great reward in heaven: "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:10-12, Luke 6:23)

Loving your enemies, doing good, and giving to others also has great reward. "But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." (Luke 6:35) You'll be rewarded according to your labor in the Lord (1 Corinthians 3:8)

So don't think rewards are something unimportant, because Jesus seemed to attach great importance to them, as did Paul here in Corinthians, and John in the opening Scripture. But we have spurned the rewards, and neglected to even preach and teach them. Oh "Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street." (Lamentations 2:19) And don't think the majority of professing Christians aren't fainting for hunger: for their spiritual food, for many Churches are feeding milk only, and that skim milk, or watered down.

The people are not being fed, so spiritual corruption comes in and bloats them with doubt and lies. They either leave altogether, or join Churches that feed unclean meat that makes the flesh fat, but sickens the soul and spirit! So cry unto Him, look to yourselves, examine yourselves, and "He shall choose our inheritance for us." (Psalm 47:4), so "That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus." (Philemon 6), and "Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;" (3 John 5)

For if ye do these things cheerfully and with joy, ye shall receive reward "That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation." (Psalm 9:14) Oh that we be like the children if Issachar, that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do (1 Chronicles 12:32) Because, I tell ya, a lot of churches are like a ship adrift in a mighty storm, without a lighthouse, and headed for the rocks, which are not the Rock of Christ, but are the jagged rocks of Satan that will tear out the hull and rend it like the Titanic, and sink you!

Understand the times. "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief." (1 Thessalonians 5:4) Be looking for the Lord and His return, because there is a reward for that: a 'crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:8)

"Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all....O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee" (1 Chronicles 29:11 & 18) "But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD." (Jonah 2:9)

Yearn for the treasures that are in heaven, and not upon earth, " For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:21) "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) - Yes, His righteousness is included here!

"We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver...A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon." (Song of Solomon 1:11 & 4:15) And as "the Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honor, (Esther 8:16), in a land not their home, so shall we if we "Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."
Amen & Amen!

Last edited:

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This list of Scripture is by no means exhaustive, but it bears out from Genesis to Revelation how God will reward His people, so rather than being a topic that's largely ignored, it is something to keep in our hearts. Also, I know some people say it's from humility or being humble that they don't seek rewards, or even care if they get any, but are not our rewards to be returned to Jesus, or at least our crowns, of which there are different crowns, which also are rewards? See Revelation 4:10-11.

There is the incorruptible crown in 1 Corinthians 9:25, the crown of righteousness in 2 Timothy 4:8, the crown of life in James 1:12 & Revelation 2:10, the crown of glory in 1 Peter 5:4 (which is also mentioned in Isaiah 28:5 & 62:3, and Revelation 3:11 says "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Ruth 2:12 The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.

Psalm 19:7-11 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

Psalm 58:11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Proverbs 11:18 The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the LORD God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Matthew 6:1-4 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:16-18 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Hebrews 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Upvote 0