Why does Christ say to keep the Commandments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes King David "loved the Law",he also broke the law.even Jesus says this(eating the shewbread...)is it your opinion King David did not break the Law when he had bathshebas better 1/2 snuffed out?when he ordered the census,had lunch in the Temple,etc?

If you repent then aren't you clean? Doesn't God wipe the slate clean if you are repentant? David said that he kept the Law Psalms 119, and he is not a liar?
Answer this, Did Jesus break the Sabbath, did Jesus break any Law?

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you repent then aren't you clean? Doesn't God wipe the slate clean if you are repentant? David said that he kept the Law Psalms 119, and he is not a liar?
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]119:1 ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
119:3
They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
119:5
c O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva](c) David acknowledges his imperfection, desiring God to reform it, that his life may be conformable to God’s word.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
119:7
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous e judgments.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva](The 1599 Geneva Study Bible)

starting to see where i'm coming from?
King David BROKE GODS LAW(S)
here we see him trying to get back in the saddle,promising God he'll do better next time...lol(reminds me of the Dude sitting in my desk-seat right now)
as for Jesus,"he was a man approved by God" who when that scumbag satan met up with him in the wilderness tried to tempt him.Jesus passed with flying colors....
btw,if you look out your window right now(the World around us)i hope you see we are playing for the same team.:p
GBU
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So the Christian Church has replaced Israel?
not in my eyes,if your calling the COI israel...i'm the anti-dispensationalist.
they (dispensationalists) believe the church has replaced israel temporarily.
"israel " is a term/name that describes a believing people. we are the israel of God(spiritual Israel).those of us that are a peculiar peeps,royal priesthood,Gods chosen race,etc are the souls that accept and confess that Jesus is Lord and believe God raised him from the dead

ethnicity means nothing any longer,as well as the fact that Gods promises were conditional
theres neither jew nor greek
lets pray every single jew alive is grafted back,it would be a blessing
GBU

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
btw,i'm saying this with christian charity...you mentioned David saying in his songbook that he kept the Law.read the entirety of the Psalms and pick out the verses where he says he sinned,broke the Law,fell short,etc

it will break your heart for him.you'll come to appreciate what he went through a lot more i think
God Bless

Upvote 0

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]119:1 ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
119:3
They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
119:5
c O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva](c) David acknowledges his imperfection, desiring God to reform it, that his life may be conformable to God’s word.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
119:7
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous e judgments.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva](The 1599 Geneva Study Bible)

starting to see where i'm coming from?
King David BROKE GODS LAW(S)
here we see him trying to get back in the saddle,promising God he'll do better next time...lol(reminds me of the Dude sitting in my desk-seat right now)
as for Jesus,"he was a man approved by God" who when that scumbag satan met up with him in the wilderness tried to tempt him.Jesus passed with flying colors....
btw,if you look out your window right now(the World around us)i hope you see we are playing for the same team.:p
GBU
[/FONT]

King David loved God's Law and he kept it. He was not perfect in the Flesh but he is made perfect through his repentance. :clap:
Please take a moment to read these portions of Psalms 119.
Psalms 119 is not about a man "trying to get back in the saddle" again "to do better next time" it is about a man who LOVED the word, precepts, commandments, laws, statutes of GOD.

I disagree with you greatly on your interpretation of Psalms 119. :confused:

Psalms 119
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.
51 The proud have me in great derision,
Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
55 I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,
And I keep Your law.
...60 I made haste, and did not delay
To keep Your commandments.
61 The cords of the wicked have bound me,
But I have not forgotten Your law.
....97 Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
For they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.
102 I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.
126 It is time for You to act, O LORD,
For they have regarded Your law as void.
127 Therefore I love Your commandments
More than gold, yes, than fine gold!
136 Rivers of water run down from my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law.

165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
166 LORD, I hope for Your salvation,
And I do Your commandments.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies,
And I love them exceedingly.
168 I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
For all my ways are before You.

Upvote 0

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
not in my eyes,if your calling the COI israel...i'm the anti-dispensationalist.
they (dispensationalists) believe the church has replaced israel temporarily.
"israel " is a term/name that describes a believing people. we are the israel of God(spiritual Israel).those of us that are a peculiar peeps,royal priesthood,Gods chosen race,etc are the souls that accept and confess that Jesus is Lord and believe God raised him from the dead

ethnicity means nothing any longer,as well as the fact that Gods promises were conditional
theres neither jew nor greek
lets pray every single jew alive is grafted back,it would be a blessing
GBU

I believe Gentiles are 'grafted into' Israel, I cannot explain that any clearer, I too do not believe it has anything to do with race. Israel is all true believers. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
btw,i'm saying this with christian charity...you mentioned David saying in his songbook that he kept the Law.read the entirety of the Psalms and pick out the verses where he says he sinned,broke the Law,fell short,etc

it will break your heart for him.you'll come to appreciate what he went through a lot more i think
God Bless

To keep the Law is not to be perfect.
Although, King David is made perfect before God by his Faith and repentance through Grace.
Keeping the Law means you "guard it, protect it, take heed to it"
So, King David kept the Law and LOVED it. ;)

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Psalms 119
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.
I disagree with you greatly on your interpretation of Psalms 119.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous e judgments. [/FONT]

How in the World could you not agree that David is admitting he screwed up and will try harder in the future?!:|

btw, the more you argue this particular point....the farther you've removed yourself from your original statements concerning needing the Law for sanctification

GBU....

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
How in the World could you not agree that David is admitting he screwed up and will try harder in the future?!:|

That's the whole point of the Sabbath. To rest in His finished work and to stop keeping the Law in the flesh, by our own efforts, in the respect of 'trying' to keep the Law of Moses.

We need to ENTER into His Sabbath rest. If we are trying to keep the Laws then we have not ENTERED, and we are in disobedience.

Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
Heb 4:11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the whole point of the Sabbath. To rest in His finished work and to stop keeping the Law in the flesh, by our own efforts, in the respect of 'trying' to keep the Law of Moses.

We need to ENTER into His Sabbath rest. If we are trying to keep the Laws then we have not ENTERED, and we are in disobedience.

Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
Heb 4:11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.
I couldn't agree more. but as far as a 7th day rest,as we've already learned ... some peeps observe 1 day as special,others every day the same.each 1 of us must be convinced and not thrash the other...
God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 119
51 The proud have me in great derision,
Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
55 I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,
And I keep Your law.
60 I made haste, and did not delay
To keep Your commandments.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
126 It is time for You to act, O LORD,
For they have regarded Your law as void.
127 Therefore I love Your commandments
More than gold, yes, than fine gold!
136 Rivers of water run down from my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law.

165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
166 LORD, I hope for Your salvation,
And I do Your commandments.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies,
And I love them exceedingly.
168 I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
For all my ways are before You.

So David lied? He did not keep the Law?
Remember, keep means "Guard, give heed to"
It does not mean he was perfect. I'm not disputing whether or not King David was a sinner.
Of course he was a terrible sinner but he still kept God's Law and one day when we get to heaven I bet we will find him there "washed clean" of all transgression by the grace of God because King David had Faith.
So did King David lie when he said he kept "guarded and took heed to" the Law.
BY KING DAVID'S FAITH AND KING DAVID'S REPENTANCE HE IS MADE PERFECT, BY GRACE!!!!! Am I wrong?

Upvote 0

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't agree more. but as far as a 7th day rest,as we've already learned ... some peeps observe 1 day as special,others every day the same.each 1 of us must be convinced and not thrash the other...
God Bless

Fasting days, PattyO.
Fasting days. ;)
Do you honestly believe that Paul was teaching people to abandon the Sabbath and Feast Days etc.?
Remember 3 of the feasts have not been fulfilled.
BECAUSE THEY ARE SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME (Colossians 2)!!!!:clap:

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:scratch:
Fasting days, PattyO.
Fasting days. ;)
Do you honestly believe that Paul was teaching people to abandon the Sabbath and Feast Days etc.?
Honestly?:scratch:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!.....LOOOOL
did you even read col 2???

in Love i'll say this like a Gentlemen.....
they are SHADOWS,wait lets do it this way...

Col.2:17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ
and again,
the reality, however, is found in Christ
and once more,

*last occurence of repeated-posting of any given Bible verse in single post is in accordance with the Good-Measure clause(do not attempt this at home)

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fasting days, PattyO.
Fasting days. ;)
I sincerely believe that Paul was the apostle to we Gentiles.and i sincerely believe what he jotted down for the church at antioch.
But you gave me something to chew on.
In fairness i'll roll that chapter over and over as needed.
I'm not here to assuage my ego,i'm here to entertain myself while trying to learn.....
GBU

Upvote 0

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:scratch:
Honestly?:scratch:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!.....LOOOOL
did you even read col 2???

in Love i'll say this like a Gentlemen.....
they are SHADOWS,wait lets do it this way...

Col.2:17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ
and again,
and once more,

*last occurence of repeated-posting of any given Bible verse in single post is in accordance with the Good-Measure clause(do not attempt this at home)

I have a few questions concerning Colossians 2.

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

Is God's Law a philosophy and empty deciet?
Is God's Law according to the principalites of the world?

14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Does God's Law stand against us, is it contrary to us?
Did Christ "make a spectacle" of His own Eternal Law?

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Does this say "let no one judge you if you decide not to keep the laws concerning food and drink... etc"?
Does this say that the Feasts etc. are a shadow of things that lay behind us?
*** :) By the way, the 3 last feasts have NOT been fulfilled!!!! :) ***

20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Is God's Law a basic pricipality of the world?
Is God's Law according to the commandments and doctrines of man?

God Bless Rain :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rainie

Jul 19, 2007
In Yeshua
✟16,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sincerely believe that Paul was the apostle to we Gentiles.and i sincerely believe what he jotted down for the church at antioch.
But you gave me something to chew on.
In fairness i'll roll that chapter over and over as needed.
I'm not here to assuage my ego,i'm here to entertain myself while trying to learn.....
GBU

Very Cool,
I'm here to learn and grow as well!
Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles BUT that does not mean that he was a teacher opposed to God's Law, he was opposed to the teaching of Salvation by obedience to God's Law.

Remember, in Acts 25 Paul states this in his defense:

8 while he answered for himself, “Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all.”

If Paul was teaching people to disregaurd the Feast Days etc. Whether they were Gentile or Jew, that would've been HIGHLY offensive to the Jews and worthy OF DEATH. Paul however was not found guilty of these things!
Also remember what happened to Stephen, this I find PROFOUND!!!!

Acts 6
8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. 9 Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen. 10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke. 11 Then they secretly induced men to say, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon him, seized him, and brought him to the council. 13 They also set up false witnesses who said, “This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law; 14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us.” 15 And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel.

The People who testified what I outlined in RED, were called "FALSE WITNESSES."

Again this is what the "FALSE WITNESSES" said:
“This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law; for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us.”

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.