Why does "15 Questions for Evolutionists" brochure confuse the meaning of "evolution?

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We'll just call it 'adaptation,' then. ;)
Adaptation is the result of the evolutionary process. Evolution is what allows organisms to adapt to their environment and thus increase the organisms chance of survival of the species.

Without the evolutionary process there cannot be any adaptation. Without evolutionary process all humans would have died from the common cold. No evolution means no adaptation which results in extinction.

Elementary my dear AV ;):wave:

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It does not matter what you call it AVET. You could call it adaptation, microevoluiton. You could even call it AVETism. What matters is that people who believe the theory of evolution have given very strong evidence that there is no wall between microevolution and evolution.

The best analogy I can think of is walking. You might acknowledge it is possible to walk a distance of 5 miles, but a trip of 1,000 miles is impossible.

We have shown, and are willing to show again that there are mountains of scientific evidence that support the theory of evolution. You have not found any that supports biblical creation.

So where is your evidence that there is a wall that evolution cannot cross?

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Politics and classrooms used to be Holy ground.

As they say, God created three great institutions to learn about Him:

1. Home
  2. Government*
  3. Church
* Note this passage ...

Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

... where all three branches of our Federal government are found.
Established religion?
U.S. Constitution amendment regarding establishment of a country religion?
Democratic republic, not theocracy?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing came from nothing I guess, right ;)

Neither Big Bang cosmology nor abiogenesis posits nothing, something or anything coming from "nothing" btw. Just wanted to point that out.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You notice you don't see any 'tweeners. As a dinosaur became smaller and less able to fight, it would become food. Food is notoriously unable to become anything but dinner.
There are advantages to being small. Mice are very small. Can you see any advantages of their size for survival in the big animal world?

You write a great deal about abiogenesis being disproven over one hundred years ago, but fail to provide any evidence for this claim and many others. Just an observation.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unicorns are all dead too. That's why you don't see them. Same with winged horses, dragons and Godzilla. They are all dead. Don't you DARE try to deny their existence, either. They existed because I said they did. That makes it a scientific fact, despite the fact that there isn't any evidence they ever lived.
You have proven in this thread that evidence means nothing to you. So, by that logic, your post makes a great deal of sense. :thumbsup:

BTW, this is NOT how science works.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It does not confuse the meaning of evolution at all. If you're going to use evolution to explain the diversity & abundance of life you see around you then you have to be able to answer those fundamental questions like "how did life originate?" & "how did the DNA code originate"? They also, ask about mutations, natural selection, biochemical pathways, multicellular life, sex, living fossils & chemistry. All of these are pertinent to evolution & are good honest questions that need to be asked. Idk why it bothers you so much. Maybe you can answer all.
Scientists, like all of us, don't have all of the answers to every question. Learning is involved.

Through much of my early education, I thought that there was only one answer to, "What is the square root of 4".

I learned that there were two answers later in time.

While origin of life is an important question, it does not have to be answered in order to study what happened later in time.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think it bothers these guys that we have a solid Reason for rejecting evolution; whereas they can't tell us what got [their] evolution started in the first place.

All they can come up with is a vague term ... abiogenesis ... which simply means, "it wasn't biogenesis."
Scientist are working on it. At least they are attempting to learn new things, rather than sitting on their [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] typing in sequential numbers all day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've asked these guys more than twice what the [natural] retaining walls were, if the Flood was local, not global ... and I'm still waiting for an answer.

In fact, I'll venture to say scientists cannot build a model and demonstrate a local flood in Noah's time without exaggerating the details.
Maybe, a flood didn't occur in Noah's time, or what Usher predicted was Noah's time. I wish there were more YEC (i.e. embedded age) creationists to find all of the evidence in these fields of science.

Was there a flood at that time? I don't know. Geology doesn't have evidence for a global flood at that time.

Poe or not, this thread is really getting my interest in learning more in scientific fields.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then I'll take the "fact" that the Flood was just a global one with a grain of salt, if you haven't a clue where what is.

And for your information, I believe Noah lived in what is now New Jersey, on a continent called Eden.

If the Flood was just a global one, how did Noah go from New Jersey to Mesopotamia?
or wherever you think it went?
I imagine many people, including most YEC (embedded age creationists) would take these beliefs with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then I'll take the "fact" that the Flood was just a global one with a grain of salt, if you haven't a clue where what is.

And for your information, I believe Noah lived in what is now New Jersey, on a continent called Eden.

If the Flood was just a global one, how did Noah go from New Jersey to Mesopotamia? or wherever you think it went?
You forgot to mention that Noah spoke English and was blonde and blue eyed! ^_^;):wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe, a flood didn't occur in Noah's time, or what Usher predicted was Noah's time. I wish there were more YEC (i.e. embedded age) creationists to find all of the evidence in these fields of science.

Was there a flood at that time? I don't know. Geology doesn't have evidence for a global flood at that time.

Poe or not, this thread is really getting my interest in learning more in scientific fields.
Whether the Flood was 4000 years ago, or 400 years ago, I would like to know where the evidence for this natural retaining wall is, if the Flood was just a local one.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I imagine many people, including most YEC (embedded age creationists) would take these beliefs with a grain of salt.
That's fine ... perhaps they have a better answer as to where Noah lived.

It's just a pet theory of mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you need people to show you a retaining wall AV? (not a dig, just curious as to why you are asking for it)
I get tired of people demanding evidence for a global flood, so I play Devil's Advocate and demand evidence for a local one.

Don't call what I can't produce evidence for, "religion," and I won't call what you can't produce evidence for, "science."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are natural retaining walls all over the world AV.
I don't want 'all over the world,' I want the Mesopotamian Region.

If Noah's Ark just floated around above the mountaintops for a year in an Ark in a local flood in Mesopotamia, then I want to see evidence of this specific retaining wall.

Upvote 0

loktai

Jun 26, 2012
✟423.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think that anyone is claiming that there was a local flood for a year as high as the mountains AV. That is the usual word games you play.

When people say it is most likely people recounting the story of a large flood in that area (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Mesopotamien.png/800px-Karte_Mesopotamien.png)

You can see that there are several rivers and tributaries all running into a floodplain. There is evidence of silt deposits on this floodplain consistent with loclised flooding. There is evidence that the local population used dams to control the flow of water in this area.

All good evidence for localised flooding in that area. Of course that doesn't match what the Bible says so.... why am I bothering?

Upvote 0