Why do we have many versions of the BILBLE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum Man in the box!

That was an excellent reply!!! I thought that having 1000 versions of the bible seems odd but when I thought of the different races and nations who speak a language other than English let alone Hebrew, I thought it positive.

May a thousand tongues and nations call upon Christ as Lord.

God bless you,

YM

Originally posted by man in the box

I think the answer to this is that God is spirit and those that worship Him must worship Him in truth and spirit. I think that is key. If we had the original format blow by blow I think we would worship that above God just like Muslims do the Quran. God wants us to have faith like a child. Trust in Him is what He wants. He will not give us all the answers. We have to keep pursuing Him. I don't think that the different versions and language texts confuse things. Any differences are easily explaned.
The Bible I believe was written over a time period of 1500 years by different authors. The Quran was written by one over a period of only a few years. I think the 1000s of versions are good. We should always try and make the Word of God accessible to all. The Quran is very exclusive. They have many translations but they always say to read it in their original language. You do not have to read the Bible in Greek and Hebrew to get its original meaning. It helps to enhance the experience but you can get the jest of what God wants you to know through the translations.
Just my thoughts.
Take care.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.