Why do some Americans hate their own country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
?

As Christians, we are supposed to love our neighbors and that includes loving our country and our countrymen. Yet I see no end to the hatred of America from other Americans all over the internet and in real life. Why is that?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
?

As Christians, we are supposed to love our neighbors and that includes loving our country and our countrymen. Yet I see no end to the hatred of America from other Americans all over the internet and in real life. Why is that?
Because haters gonna hate.

On the internet, you can find any group of people hating any conceivable thing, both fictional and real. You just have to look for a few minutes. Often, a google search is enough.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could you be more specific? What do you mean by hating America? Note that there is a big difference between loving our countrymen and loving our country.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Because haters gonna hate.

On the internet, you can find any group of people hating any conceivable thing, both fictional and real. You just have to look for a few minutes. Often, a google search is enough.
But it's a lot worse than it used to be. And it's happening more in real life, as well.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Could you be more specific? What do you mean by hating America?

Always trashing America, blaming America for every wrong, never giving credit for the good things we've done, saying we deserve for bad things to happen to us, etc.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
tallguy, sometimes I get caught up myself when I read some of the internet posts. But I find that when I stop and consider all the truly wonderful things I have in my life, and reflect on what would it be like in a different country, I snap out of it and am thankful and grateful to be an american citizen.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I, too, would like to know more about what you mean about folks hating our country. I don't hate my country nor do I hate my countrymen. However, I'm not fond of our government, and think our country deserves better.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
tallguy, sometimes I get caught up myself when I read some of the internet posts. But I find that when I stop and consider all the truly wonderful things I have in my life, and reflect on what would it be like in a different country, I snap out of it and am thankful and grateful to be an american citizen.
I've met a lot of immigrants who say that this is the best country in the world. That's probably one of the best endorsements we can get.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I, too, would like to know more about what you mean about folks hating our country. I don't hate my country nor do I hate my countrymen. However, I'm not fond of our government, and think our country deserves better.
That's not what I'm talking about, so you're good.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's not what I'm talking about, so you're good.
It would be helpful if you showed some examples of what you’re talking about, you said it’s all over the internet how about someone excerpts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But it's a lot worse than it used to be. And it's happening more in real life, as well.
I think that this impression is mostly painted by your own bias. Much like youth always appears to get worse since the antiquity.

Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet I see no end to the hatred of America from other Americans all over the internet and in real life. Why is that?

What you think of as America is probably not quite what they think of.

For some America is brave marine carrying children from burning house while getting shelled by evil jihadist and only stopping for getting a smoke while shielding little Christian children with his own body while making a quick tourniquet to stop the bleeding from his arm stump where his hand that had message US for peace 4 ever was tattooed before he had to chew it off when caught in bear trap while on his journey to help aforementioned children.

For others it is the CIA that overthrew democratically elected government of Iran to support corporate interests while dooming Iran to be the tortured theocracy it is today.

People have different viewpoints.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
For some America is brave marine carrying children from burning house while getting shelled by evil jihadist and only stopping for getting a smoke while shielding little Christian children with his own body while making a quick tourniquet to stop the bleeding from his arm stump where his hand that had message US for peace 4 ever was tattooed before he had to chew it off when caught in bear trap while on his journey to help aforementioned children.
Now you're just being silly.

Noone can bind a tourniquet with one hand and while smoking, except Chuck Norris.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Always trashing America, blaming America for every wrong, never giving credit for the good things we've done, saying we deserve for bad things to happen to us, etc.

You're going to need to be even more specific (like provide examples) because this reads like the same tired laundry list we've been hearing from certain segments of the right wing since before I was born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You're going to need to be even more specific (like provide examples) because this reads like the same tired laundry list we've been hearing from certain segments of the right wing since before I was born.
I don't want this thread to devolve into a sounding board for America hatred. I want to know why some Americans hate our country.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How about some instances of those things?
That's not the point of this thread. The point of the thread is "why", not "what" beyond what is necessary to define the topic.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand the people who are the exact opposite either. We see them on this forum. America is always praised, we've never done anything wrong, and those who don't recognize our perfect record are wrong. Both sides of the same silly coin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.