Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No I did not. Things were different then. I served as a sponser for a guy once and sat with him through the months of RCIA until easter vigil. I helped two people get "baptized" I served in the knights of columbus, and did some apologetic work. However, I always had conscience problems. There were things I could tell were wrong. Now I have none of those issues. I know that Christ is right. I know Rome is wrong.

That is why it is impossible for us to communicate because I feel the same about you and your kind.

Well, I can see that the guy talking to you is telling you what you felt, as if he knows better than you and you know nothing.

I'm cutting oughta here. I'm an ex-Catholic and I know when to run.

:wave:

Reactions: DD2008
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Kind." How lovely.
Perhaps if you took a more lovely approach instead of telling the guy what he felt and telling him this or that maybe the guy would listen to you more? Maybe then I would see you in a different light while observeing this conversation?

There must be a willingness on both parties to honestly listen, I see you have failed just as much as anybody here. :)

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I see plenty of evidence in this thread to rest my case that they do always twist things to talk about their church and leave Christ out of the picture even in a thread about them doing that very thing! I don't think any of them answered the question as to why they do that. They just simply proved that the observation that they do that is accurate.

I pray that all people everywhere would first try to meet Christ before they jump to any conclusions. Christ is sufficient to meet our needs.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do non-Catholics tell so many lies about Catholics?

Catholics speak far more about Jesus than they do the Church. We mostly talk about the Church when we are defending her against those lying about her.
You're livin in dream land if you think that alot of people, and I mean alot of people, don't observe this samething about most Catholoics. I'm an ex-Catholic and this is our main impression. So go ahead and joke about it or make light about it, don't deal with it.

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, I think it's a real observation by him that alot of us have had and to think that the disscussion here has put an end to that, especially since I believe you have all side stepped the issuse, is ignoring the fact of what many people feel and observer. It can be passed off as misunderstandings or what ever you want to call it but it is an accurate observation that alot of us observe.

Because the Church is the Body of Christ. When we talk about the Church we are talking about Christ and His grace and the many ways it is communicated to us by God through His Church.

We have sacraments, many personal devotions to help one get closer to Christ. In all of these we see Christ and His grace.

When we talk about a relationship with Christ. We talk about community and our mission with in that community.

Evangelical theology is more "Me and Jesus." Where as Catholic theology is "We and Jesus."

Because we believe that the Catholic Church is "The One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church" that Christ began.

The Evangelicals notion of a "One True Church." Is not the same as the Catholic Church's.

Evangelicals have no sacraments, no personal devotions as a community.

No liturgy of the hours, no morning offerings, novenas, no history of Saints. No Holy-days to celebrate Saints. Some don't celebrate Easter nor Christmas, because they are proclaimed as pagan holidays by their pastor. No lent, no advent. No chaplets.

No liturgical calendar that celebrates the life of Christ with in their church.

Evangelicalism is heavily based on the western notion of individualism.

If an evangelical doesn't like his church he switch to another to suite him.

IF a Catholic doesn't like his church he can switch to another but the new church is still a Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see plenty of evidence in this thread to rest my case that they do always twist things to talk about their church and leave Christ out of the picture even in a thread about them doing that very thing! I don't think any of them answered the question as to why they do that. They just simply proved that the observation that they do that is accurate.

I pray that all people everywhere would first try to meet Christ before they jump to any conclusions. Christ is sufficient to meet our needs.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Well, ok man of God, tell me about love. Don't quote me scripture, show me and the Catholics here your superior love. Praying for them is a good start but will you show compassion? Will you show understanding and an ear to listen? Ah, see that's the question, are you selfless? Do you care more for them than yourself? Then prove it.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because the Church is the Body of Christ. When we talk about the Church we are talking about Christ and His grace and the many ways it is communicated to us by God through His Church.

We have sacraments, many personal devotions to help one get closer to Christ. In all of these we see Christ and His grace.

When we talk about a relationship with Christ. We talk about community and our mission with in that community.

Evangelical theology is more "Me and Jesus." Where as Catholic theology is "We and Jesus."

Because we believe that the Catholic Church is "The One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church" that Christ began.

The Evangelicals notion of a "One True Church." Is not the same as the Catholic Church's.

Evangelicals have no sacraments, no personal devotions as a community.

No liturgy of the hours, no morning offerings, novenas, no history of Saints. No Holy-days to celebrate Saints. Some don't celebrate Easter nor Christmas, because they are proclaimed as pagan holidays by their pastor. No lent, no advent. No chaplets.

No liturgical calendar that celebrates the life of Christ with in their church.

Evangelicalism is heavily based on the western notion of individualism.

If an evangelical doesn't like his church he switch to another to suite him.

IF a Catholic doesn't like his church he can switch to another but the new church is still a Catholic Church.
LOL, whatever, you got me totally wrong man. You totally missed it dude. I am not about to get into a religious arguement with anybody, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It seems to me that this is a spiritual issue. I say spiritual issue because not only do I know Catholics have this problem but many Protestants have the same problem, religion. DD2008 makes a simple observation about people in the RCC but as an ex-Catholic I have made similar observation in some of the Protestant churches I've been in. I've gone to some Protestant churches where the name of Jesus was never mentioned except when quoted in scripture and that is the truth.

Jesus can be found anywhere, it is not dependant on what church you are in it is dependant on where his command of love is being practised!! The people that know him will practise his love in all kinds of ways and will always give him all the glory without ever mentioning themselves ever!

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that this is a spiritual issue. I say spiritual issue because not only do I know Catholics have this problem but many Protestants have the same problem, religion. DD2008 makes a simple observation about people in the RCC but as an ex-Catholic I have made similar observation in some of the Protestant churches I've been in. I've gone to some Protestant churches where the name of Jesus was never mentioned except when quoted in scripture and that is the truth.

Jesus can be found anywhere, it is not dependant on what church you are in it is dependant on where his command of love is being practised!! The people that know him will practise his love in all kinds of ways and will always give him all the glory without ever mentioning themselves ever!

umm No i got it.

It is a Spiritual Issue.

I answered it.

We talk about our Church, because we see it as the Body of Christ. We believe it to be the True Church.

The rest was an expansion that.

And a comparison between the CC and Evangelical churches.

Be it right or wrong.

I do agree that Jesus can be found any where and He can find a person any where.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
umm No i got it.

It is a Spiritual Issue.

I answered it.

We talk about our Church, because we see it as the Body of Christ. We believe it to be the True Church.

The rest was an expansion that.

And a comparison between the CC and Evangelical churches.

Be it right or wrong.

I do agree that Jesus can be found any where and He can find a person any where.
Ok, good, then we agree that all that religious churchy mumbo-jumbo in your last post that didn't impress me one bit was totally unnecessary?

Your roar doesn't impress me lionroar unless that roar is let out towards christ and only him, and that is what this thread is about isn't? I have a feeling that your roar is mainly for the RCC, yes Christ included in that but it's shared between him and your church. If I took away your church I'm thinking your roar would be diminished, take away my church and my roar will never be diminished, and there is the difference I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Cataclysm! Absurd.
And again you try to steer the subject of Christ into one of Catholicism. You try to replace the bible with the cataclysm. Typical.
The bible is the written truth not the cataclysm. There is never any reason to try to discuss godly things outside of it.

I don't care about Catholicism. I care about Jesus Christ. He is the way the truth and the life. HE is what matters.

Right. Rationalize it how you want then I guess.

Perhaps if you took a more lovely approach instead of telling the guy what he felt and telling him this or that maybe the guy would listen to you more? Maybe then I would see you in a different light while observeing this conversation?

There must be a willingness on both parties to honestly listen, I see you have failed just as much as anybody here. :)

I have no problem doing honest dialogue, or at least attempting it. That willingness ends when the dialogue ceases to be honest, and continues to be non-honest for months or years on end. No one in this thread is perfect. We all have problems, yourself included.

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
No, the OP is asking why do you talk about your church while Evangelicals talk about Christ.

Please don't use this thread as your promotion for Catholicism!!

You see, I have a problem: I can never be certain of DD's sincerity, just as I have to doubt other evangelicals when they are talking about Catholicism. The reason for this is in part because most times when DD starts a thread with the words "Roman Catholics..." or "Why do Roman Catholics..." he is doing so in order to mock, not to investigate. For example, the "Roman Catholics" thread was nothing more than a post of an article that was recently called into serious question and mocking the Sacrament of Confession. This thread seemed to be in the same vein.

As to using this thread as a promotion for Catholicism, how would you like me to respond? My Church is ritualistically slandered in the most offensive terms on this thread and others, and I see the Church as a mother; how would you respond if your mother was called "full of lies"? I attempted to give reasons why I dispute the OP at the very beginning, but was not responded to. What do you want me to do?

Again, for goodness sake, the Mass is totally focused on Christ; in the Catholic Church, even the days of the year are made to help us enter the mysteries of Christ's life and resurrection (liturgical seasons and feasts). The religious orders of the Church follow Jesus' commands to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty... all in His Name. Oh dear, I'm talking about the Church; shame on me, but it seemed to me like the Church was the subject of the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, ok man of God, tell me about love. Don't quote me scripture, show me and the Catholics here your superior love. Praying for them is a good start but will you show compassion? Will you show understanding and an ear to listen? Ah, see that's the question, are you selfless? Do you care more for them than yourself? Then prove it.

I pray for them regularly. I try to explain to them that Christ is the answer not their denomination. They need no buffer. I don't really know what else to do. I do listen to them and try to help them often.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You see, I have a problem: I can never be certain of DD's sincerity, just as I have to doubt other evangelicals when they are talking about Catholicism.

I would rather never talk about roman catholicism at all. It would be great if we could just talk about Christ and applying God's word to our lives. I firmly believe if we focus on Christ and living by the word of God then we will see results in our lives, we will have conviction and will move closer to being molded into his image.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This thread is very mocking in tone.
The OP subject has been proven false and it's just a subjective assumption.

That's ridiculous, and actually if you read the thread it was proven quite true.

Many have observed this. We're about to move forward please don't hinder us NRB.

Last edited:
Upvote 0