Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
You did no get that answer from the bible, because Jesus says differently, as in:

John 5:28-29
New International Version

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

That to is not what the bible says, and I would suggest you start getting your info from the bible and not from men who will twist the scriptures in order to push their own easy false doctrine straight from Satan, the one who.is well aware just what some want...easy salvation.

James 2:14-26
New King James Version

Faith Without Works Is Dead
"14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

Do you really think you can get to heaven with dead faith?

100% I do. I put my trust in the lord Jesus Christ finish work and not in my self.

John 6 "39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

All the glory is to him. Any brother who believe is save. You have no right asking or questioning if someone is they following the law. When you yourself are guilty of all.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
100% I do. I put my trust in the lord Jesus Christ finish work and not in my self.

John 6 "39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

All the glory is to him. Any brother who believe is save. You have no right asking or questioning if someone is they following the law. When you yourself are guilty of all.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we put our trust in Christ's finished work and not in ourselves, then what that looks like is becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law (Acts 21:20). In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want to enter eternal life, then obey the commandments, so so that matched with John 6:39-40 means that obedience to the commandments is what it looks like to believe in Christ. Likewise, in Revelation 14:12, those who kept God's commandments are the same as those who kept faith in Jesus. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law, so again obedience to the commandments is what it looks like to put our trust in Christ.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
James 2:26
Romans 5
"5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

Paul is our apostle. He has the last word in the dispensation of grace.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we put our trust in Christ's finished work and not in ourselves, then what that looks like is becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law (Acts 21:20). In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want to enter eternal life, then obey the commandments, so so that matched with John 6:39-40 means that obedience to the commandments is what it looks like to believe in Christ. Likewise, in Revelation 14:12, those who kept God's commandments are the same as those who kept faith in Jesus. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law, so again obedience to the commandments is what it looks like to put our trust in Christ.
So, how much obedience do you need? You sin once you lose your salvation? Arent we seal by the promise of the holy ghost in us?, were do the bible talks about losing your salvation... since it does talk about how to gain it. Why didnt talk about how to loose it? In the book of hebrew its very clear Christ was Crucify only once, so once you lose it... you just lost it forever.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Then you are saying you disagree with Christ in the scripture you just read, and you do not have to do good in order to get to heaven?

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you are saying you disagree with Christ in the scripture you just read, and you do not have to do good in order to get to heaven?
Do you disagree with the will of the father?, The lord Jesus Christ is loosing no one. I dont like when people diminish God.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you disagree with the will of the father?, The lord Jesus Christ is loosing no one. I dont like when people diminish God.

Nor do I like it when someone basically flat out states Jesus is wrong.

Still, no answer to the question, but no worries, I didn't expect one as you cannot answer honestly without admitting you are wrong.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Nor do I like it when someone basically flat out states Jesus is wrong.

Still, no answer to the question, but no worries, I didn't expect one as you cannot answer honestly without admitting you are wrong.

Yeah, with pride you will never get any knowledge.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 5
"5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

Paul is our apostle. He has the last word in the dispensation of grace.
Yes...we are saved by grace through faith. Not by saying a half hearted prayer and continuing your life in sin.

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes...we are saved by grace through faith. Not by saying a half hearted prayer and continuing your life in sin.
You will end without rewards, some people dont mean that prayer. I prefer not to judge, only yourself can know how real your heart is.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that your definition of "easy believism" is not what people like Paul Washer condemn.

Actually that's exactly what Paul Washer condemns. I heard Paul Washer say word for word, "If you don't have work, you're not saved." He teaches the confusing lie that if you have faith then you will somehow automatically have all the works also. That's just a sneaky way of teaching works salvation. It's basically works salvation masqueraded as salvation through faith.

Do you think that all the false teachers would just openly proclaim to everyone that they are false teachers? Of course not. The Bible says they are in sheep's clothing. So they appear as if they were good Christians but in reality they're not. And it appears as if they taught salvation through faith alone but in reality they don't. Things are not always the way they appear. If you looked at a literal wolf in sheep's clothing, it would look like it was a real sheep. But if you did close examination, you would find out it's actually a fake sheep and there's wolf inside.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So, how much obedience do you need? You sin once you lose your salvation? Arent we seal by the promise of the holy ghost in us?, were do the bible talks about losing your salvation... since it does talk about how to gain it. Why didnt talk about how to loose it? In the book of hebrew its very clear Christ was Crucify only once, so once you lose it... you just lost it forever.

If our obedience to God's Torah were for God's good, then it would have been about trying to be good enough to earn our salvation, however, God's Torah was given for our own good (Deuteronomy 6:24, 10:12-13), so our obedience is instead about putting our faith in God to guide us in how to rightly live, which again is why Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the Torah. So gaining or losing our salvation is not based on having a certain amount of obedience, but rather it is based on whether we still have faith, and our obedience is what that faith looks like. While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was justified, it is also true that he believed God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac, so Abraham did not earn his justification by having a certain amount of obedience, but rather the same faith by which he was justified was expressed as obedience.

The Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Torah (Ezekiel 36:26-27), the Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13), and the Torah is truth (Psalms 119:142). Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Torah, so he is the personification of the truth (John 14:6). In 2 Timothy 3:8, those who oppose Moses also oppose the truth, being of corrupted minds and disqualified in regard to the faith. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have carnal minds, who refuse to submit to the Torah. In Galatians 5:19-22, everything listed as carnal works that are against the Spirit are also against the Torah, while all of the fruits of the Spirit are in accordance with it.

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
If our obedience to God's Torah were for God's good, then it would have been about trying to be good enough to earn our salvation, however, God's Torah was given for our own good (Deuteronomy 6:24, 10:12-13), so our obedience is instead about putting our faith in God to guide us in how to rightly live, which again is why Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the Torah. So gaining or losing our salvation is not based on having a certain amount of obedience, but rather it is based on whether we still have faith, and our obedience is what that faith looks like. While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was justified, it is also true that he believed God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac, so Abraham did not earn his justification by having a certain amount of obedience, but rather the same faith by which he was justified was expressed as obedience.

The Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Torah (Ezekiel 36:26-27), the Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13), and the Torah is truth (Psalms 119:142). Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Torah, so he is the personification of the truth (John 14:6). In 2 Timothy 3:8, those who oppose Moses also oppose the truth, being of corrupted minds and disqualified in regard to the faith. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have carnal minds, who refuse to submit to the Torah. In Galatians 5:19-22, everything listed as carnal works that are against the Spirit are also against the Torah, while all of the fruits of the Spirit are in accordance with it.

You are forgeting the figures who fail the Tohra completely but were save by grace, such as Samson. There isnt any more disobedient figure than him. Nevertheless God honor his faith at his last moment giving him back the holy ghost before him destroying the colosseum. There is chastisement and you lose your rewards. Nevertheless Satan has no eternal power over your fate, only your carnal body. Also remember Nebuchadnezzar, he was extremely chastise but safe. I mean go give to the poor, and the widows. Those sacrifise are the one who God honor the most. Nevertheless, dont diminished what God did for you. You are in fear of a defeated enemy, which is the sting of death.

Upvote 0

Freed Man

Jul 8, 2020
Colorado
✟18,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the sermon on the mount one thing that Jesus said is, "The light of the body is the eye. If, therefore, thine eye be single thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore, the light that is in thee be darkness how great is that darkness, Mathew 6:22,23.

This is an amazing statement that many people have a hard time with, because what Jesus is saying is that you are either 100% full of light and righteousness or you are 100% full of evilness and darkness. There's no in-between. There's no such thing as being partly light and righteousness and partly evil and darkness.

There's only one way to be full of light and righteousness, and that is to believe in Jesus and accept Him as your Lord and Savior because Jesus is the light of the world. "In Him was Life and the Life was the light of men." John 1:4.

People who have the hardest time with these verses are those who are judgmental of others and look at other peoples actions and/or sins to determine what kind of person they are and whether or not they are a good Christian or a "bad" Christian. But there's no such thing as a bad Christian. Everybody who believes in Jesus is 100% full of light and righteousness regardless of their actions or how they choose to live their lives. The people who have a hard time receiving this and accepting what Jesus said at face value are people who have a self-righteous, judgmental attitude towards others. It gives them a feeling of self-righteous superiority over somebody when they look at people's sins and compare themselves and so they can think how much better they are than other people. Because they don't sin as much. HA! We're all equal sinners under the law. And all of us who believe in Jesus are equally saved, and all those who reject Jesus are equally damned. Regardless of our sins.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Danigt22
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes. But:

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

(1 Corinthians 12:3)
Did you say 'but'?

Do you disagree with the apostle Paul?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You are forgeting the figures who fail the Tohra completely but were save by grace, such as Samson. There isnt any more disobedient figure than him. Nevertheless God honor his faith at his last moment giving him back the holy ghost before him destroying the colosseum. There is chastisement and you lose your rewards. Nevertheless Satan has no eternal power over your fate, only your carnal body. Also remember Nebuchadnezzar, he was extremely chastise but safe. I mean go give to the poor, and the widows. Those sacrifise are the one who God honor the most. Nevertheless, dont diminished what God did for you. You are in fear of a defeated enemy, which is the sting of death.

In Romans 3:21-22, the Torah and the Prophets testify that the righteousness of God comes through faith in Christ for all who believe, so this has always been the one and only means to become saved. In Genesis 6:8-9, Noah found grace in the eyes of God and was a righteous man, so he was saved by grace through faith in the same means as everyone else. God had no purpose in providing an alternative and unattainable means of becoming saved by obeying the Torah when a perfectly good means was already in place, so the Torah was never given for that purpose.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so doing good works in obedience to the Torah is honoring what Jesus did for us (Acts 21:20) while returning to the lawlessness that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from is what would be diminishing what he did for us. Jesus set us free from the law of sin so that we might be free to obey the law of God, not the other way around (Romans 8:3-4). In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have carnal minds who refuse to submit to the Torah.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are two sets of commandments in the New Testament. One set of commandments is in the law and the other set of commandments, are the commandments that Jesus gave.

1 John 2:4
The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

1 John 4:21
And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There are two sets of commandments in the New Testament. One set of commandments is in the law and the other set of commandments, are the commandments that Jesus gave.

1 John 2:4
The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

1 John 4:21
And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Do you agree that Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law?

Do you agree that Jesus did not hypocritically preach something other than what he practiced?

If so, then you should agree that Jesus taught obedience to the Mosaic Law both by word and by example. God is not in disagreement with Himself about which laws we should follow, so the Law of Christ is the same as the Law of the Spirit and the Law of the Father, which was given to Moses. In John 14:24, Jesus said that his teachings were not his own, but that of the Father, so he did not give his own set of commandments. In Deuteronomy 4:2, it is a sin to add to or subtract from the law, so if Jesus had taught his own set of commandments, then he would have sinned and disqualified himself from being our Savior. In 1 John 2:3-6, it associates the instruction to follow Christ's commandments with the instruction that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked, so again what Jesus taught by word was the same as what he taught by example, and as his followers we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22).

To believe in the one who he has sent is to believe in who he is, what he was sent to accomplish, and in what that means for how we should live our lives. The Bible often uses the same terms to describe the nature of God as it does to describe the nature of God's law, which is because it is His instructions for how to express His nature, such as with it being holy, righteous, and good (Romans 7:12), or with justice, mercy, and faithfulness being weightier matters of the law (Matthew 23:23). God's ways reveal His nature and there are many verses that describe the Mosaic Law as being instructions for how to walk in God's ways, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Isaiah 2:2-3, Joshua 22:5, Psalms 103:7, and many others. Jesus is the radiance of God's glory and the exact expression of His nature (Hebrews 1:3), which looked like life lived in sinless obedience to the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law reveals God's ways or is the way (Jeremiah 6:16-19), the truth (Psalms 119:142), and the life (Deuteronomy 32:47), so Jesus is the personification of God's nature, he is the Word of God made flesh, and he put the nature of the Father on display, which is why he is the personification of the way, the truth, and the life, that no one comes to the Father but through him, and that anyone who has seen him as seen the Father (John 14:6-9). In John 5:39-40, Jesus said that the Scriptures testify about him, so the whole goal of the Mosaic Law is to teach us about how to know or have a relationship with Christ and about how to testifying about who he is, which is why he is the goal of the law (Romans 10:4). In John 6:40, Jesus said that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, in Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want enter into eternal life, then obey the commandments, and in Revelation 14:12, those who kept faith in Jesus are the same as those who kept God's commandments, so I think that obedience to the Mosaic Law is what it looks like to believe in who Jesus is.

Jesus began his ministry calling people to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17-23), and the Mosaic Law is how his people knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel message, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14). He also said in those verses that because of lawlessness the love of many will grow cold, but those who endure to the end will be saved. In Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, which is what the Mosaic Law was given to instruct how to do, so God graciously teaching us how to live in obedience to His law is itself part of the content of His free gift of salvation from sin, and sin is living in transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4). Furthermore, Titus 2:14 says that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we believe both in what Jesus was sent to accomplish through his ministry and through his death on the cross and understand what that means for how we should live our lives, then we will express that belief through repenting and becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law (Acts 21:20).

In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarized the Mosaic Law as being about how to love God and our neighbor, so that is how he expressed his love and how we are to love as he loved. Over and over, the both the OT and the NT associate love with obedience to God's commandments:

Love God.jpg

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The only reason why someone would dislike the fact that salvation is easy is because they are prideful. Think about this. Whenever you do something that isn't easy, don't you become prideful? It was not easy for me to do my first job interview. But after I was done I was proud about the fact that I managed to do it anyway. I was prideful because I did something that was not easy. But that's not salvation. Salvation is the easiest thing in the world. You don't get saved by accomplishing anything (let alone something that isn't easy), you get saved by receiving a free gift that is freely given to everyone. The only way to get saved is by believing in Jesus, not by believing in yourself. That's why it's impossible for prideful people to get saved.

Whenever someone dislikes the term "easy believism", that is a sign that you are dealing with a prideful person. The more prideful you are, the more you hate easy believism. The prideful person delights in the fact that they earned their salvation by their own efforts, and hates the idea that salvation could be easy. The prideful person gives glory to himself rather than giving glory to God.

But the truly humble person loves it. He loves the fact that salvation is so easy and so simple. They don't mind the fact that they can't take any glory out of their own salvation, but that God takes all the glory.

People don't like easy believism because:

1. The Bible doesn't say that all a person has to do is believe and that's it. The bible does say that repentance that is a free gift given from God on top of a changed life are required for salvation. The bible says that it is impossible for a person on their own to say "Yes" to God and have the fruitful life that God desire and requires for salvation. A saved person does not JUST believe, a saved person will also have fruit and repentance. A saved person will put to death their old sin nature, not continue living in it like a bunch of heathens.

2. The Bible doesn't say that salvation is a free gift to everyone who believes. It says that salvation is a free gift for everyone who CAN believe, A.K.A. the salvation of the Children of Abraham. God and people who came from God in the Bible all over the Bible have stated this from Genesis to Revelation. Don't believe me, read the Bible for yourself. God's election, the Salvation of the Jews and the Children of Abraham, are ALL over the place. You just are the person who is too proud to admit that you are a chosen Child of God, not from your faith but because God CHOSE you not due to any merit of your own but because he had mercy on you and he loved you.

3. It is not the people who refuse to believe in easy believism that are prideful it is the people who refuse to accept the truth of the Bible and refuse to give in to the very true doctrines of Election and predestination who are prideful. You were not just chosen simply because you believed, you were chosen because you were a child of God from before the day you were born, nay before creation started. Don't believe me, read the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you say 'but'?

Do you disagree with the apostle Paul?
Did you read the word just prior to the word "but"?

Of course I agree with the apostle. However, it needs to be taken into context.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.