Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As most here seem to know, your version of what you have 'total reality' mean there, is a total belief, (by way of that also being your personal preference) .. and yet you persist in using the term 'the universe', which was distinguished by science.
You are confused by beliefs (as was 'Paul' thousands of years ago). You should update yourself .. (he couldn't).
Thanks for the QED.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟765,228.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Evolution assures that, no matter what you do: from shielding your children from harm to eating them; from loving your neighbor to hating them and driving them away with bodily harm; from adopting a child, to kidnapping one for your own; no matter what you do, it's all relative.
That's a weird connection AV.
All it looks like to me is that your trolling.
But you wouldn't do that, would you? :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,924,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
are you alluding to survival of the fittest amongst deities?
Not that I am consciously aware of. My thought when I wrote it was religious dogma that doesn't change is likely why deities fade away.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Like the Wright brothers, most creative pursuits are likewise, and planes have evolved along with our digital information systems.

i.e. intelligence is the proven creative method here, achieving the same by chance is not
Yes, human intelligence is the driving force behind human contrivances.

Do you really think this is profound?

• Haha
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
...human evolution based around Piltdown man etc-
Why rely on such foolish strawmen?
it leaves a lot more freedom for speculation, ideology, peer pressure, when a theory cannot be directly demonstrated.
Then surely you can provide evidence of your preferred deity, that is, 'Intelligence", intervening in natural history to do whatever it is you believe it has done?

No, I suppose you cannot do this, any more than you were able to replace the terms in a molecular biology paper with computer engineering terms because they are so similar, eh?

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Just one example of science v atheism, or 'methodological naturalism' - imposing arbitrary rules rather than following the evidence wherever it leads, whatever the implications

So, you are not aware that creation science organizations require their members to agree to statements of Belief that prohibit them from ever doing anything that might cast doubt on their interpretation of Genesis?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟154,832.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, you are not aware that creation science organizations require their members to agree to statements of Belief that prohibit them from ever doing anything that might cast doubt on their interpretation of Genesis?
I'd like to see an answer to that q.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,924,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to see an answer to that q.
I have a feeling he was being melodramatic.

God seems to have a way of making people go overboard one way or the other.

Acts 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,400.00
Faith
Atheist
Thank-you for your reply. You may be right, but I think that there may be some confusion here. Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) measured the radial velocities of the galaxies and discovered that almost all of them were receding from the Milky Way, and that their radial velocities were directly proportional to their distances. Before Hubble's time, astronomers thought that the universe was static; indeed, most astronomers thought that the 'extragalactic nebulae' were part of our own Galaxy rather than being independent 'island universes'. Edwin Hubble's observations disproved this 'static universe' model and showed that the 'extragalactic nebulae' were star systems of the same type as the Milky Way.

However, the pre-Hubble 'static universe' model was not the same as Hoyle's 'steady-state' or 'continuous creation' model. Hoyle accepted that the universe was expanding and therefore that the density of matter ought to decrease, but he thought that new matter was continuously being created in the form of hydrogen atoms to maintain a constant density. This newly created hydrogen condensed into new galaxies and stars, with the result that the universe was eternal and looked much the same at all times. Hoyle called this 'the perfect cosmological principle'.
My understanding is that Le Maitre's derivation of an expanding universe from GR and the acceptance of his 'primaeval atom' hypothesis bracketed Hubble's observational confirmation of an expanding universe. IOW, the period after Hubble's discovery is when the big bang idea became known.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Watching us bicker with each other on forums over every detail as though we were experts - It's not too much of a stretch to compare us all to a bunch of monkeys. ;)

I'm just as bad if the mood catches me haha

• Haha
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟155,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Watching us bicker with each other on forums over every detail as though we were experts - It's not too much of a stretch to compare us all to a bunch of monkeys. ;)

I'm just as bad if the mood catches me haha

we are all just filthy rags not even monkeys haha..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have a feeling he was being melodramatic.

God seems to have a way of making people go overboard one way or the other.

Acts 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
If we’ve learned nothing else during this pandemic, at least we know ChristianNationalistAltRightChumpers can go overboard and go full Karen.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0