Why do Many Christians Ignore YHWH's Moedim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It’s in verse 7

Christ is our Paschal Lamb.

If only there were a Christian celebration that involved bread and wine, that was about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice, that was instituted by Jesus Himself on the night of the Passover.

"The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread. Consider the people of Israel: are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar?" - 1 Corinthians 10:16-18

"For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when He was betrayed took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, 'This is My body, which is for you. Do this for the remembrance of Me.' In the same way also He took the cup, after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new covenant in My blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, for the remembrance of Me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes." - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
To assume something just from somebody's practice without any given inspired order is weak.

And its also against any syllable in the New testament that stresses our freedom in Christ.

...and what did Paul say as he was establishing these churches?

New International Version
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

The churches observed the Moedim.
Paul observed the Moedim.
Yahshua observed the Moedim.

Your freedom in Yahshua is not a license to ignore the Bible

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Your freedom in Yahshua is not a license to ignore the Bible

Conversely, your ignorance of the Bible is not a license to impose man-made burdens upon your brethren.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1.) YHWH said his Moedim are to be observed forever
2.) Yahshua kept YHWH's Moedim

3.) Yahshua's hand picked Apostles kept YHWH's Moedim, even after his ascension.
4.) The Early ecclesia kept YHWH's Moedim for hundreds of years.
5.) Orthodox Churches keep YHWH's Moedim to this day
6.) YHWH's Moedim will be kept in the Kingdom to come.

So why do many Christians ignore YHWH's Moedim?
I am not Jewish. Israel persecuted Christians. Many Jews hated Christianity. I do not need to celebrate your Jewish holidays or traditions.
Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Shavuot, Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Tabernacles.
Why don’t Jews observe Christmas and Easter?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
He said the law would be fulfilled before heaven and earth passed away. He fulfilled the law before heaven and earth passed away.

Would you care to cite that verse? I haven't seen it in the KJV nor the CLV.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where does that command anybody to *stop* keeping God’s holy days?

the Colossian assembly was keeping them, and so were the Corinthian believers, hence Paul teaching them to “keep the feast” 1 Corinthians 5:8

nowhere did anybody teach Christians to stop celebrating them.
Check Acts 15. We are not bound to the curse of the law, sin offerings, false genealogies, made up stories etc.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But if we have entered His rest, then we should rest because He’s done the work.

Hebrews 4
CLV(i) 1 We may be afraid then, lest at some time, a promise being left of entering into His stopping, anyone of you may be seeming to be deficient." 2 For we also have been evangelized, even as those also. But the word heard does not benefit those hearers, not having been blended together with faith in those who hear." 3 Then we who believe are entering into the stopping, according as He has declared, "As I swear in My indignation, 'If they shall be entering into My stopping-!'although the works occur from the disruption of the world." 4 For He has declared somewhere concerning the seventh thus: And God stops "on the seventh day from all His works." 5 And in this again, "If they shall be entering into My stopping-!" 6 Since, then, it is left for some to be entering into it, and those to whom the evangel was formerly brought did not enter because of stubbornness, 7 He is again specifying a certain day, "Today"-saying in David after so much time, according as has been declared before, "Today, if ever His voice you should be hearing, You should not be hardening your hearts." 8 For if Joshua causes them to stop, He would not have spoken concerning another day after these things." 9 Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God. 10 For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own." 11 We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness."

SHABBAT SHALOM!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And what are we supposed to use to celebrate?
Just showing that you are mistaken that Christians are commanded to stop celebrating God’s holy days, because we have evidence to the contrary.

paul explicitly taught the Corinthians to keep Passover. Nowhere did he teach anybody to stop, or to not celebrate it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Forever there simply means that the rule about the limited time of slavery will no longer apply and he can stand for all his life.

Well if you start being obedient to YHWH for the rest of your life: that will be a good start.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We should also add that our law has always been our conscience (being Europeans or originally Europeans), not the Mosaic Law which was given to Israel only.

So Jews like Paul died to the Mosaic Law and we to our conscience law.

Gentile nations have never been under the Mosaic Law.

Scripture doesn't support your words. I'll just follow YHWH's word.

In the beginning was the word...

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Check Acts 15. We are not bound to the curse of the law, sin offerings, false genealogies, made up stories etc.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8 Paul directly tells the Christians at Corinth to keep the feast of Passover.

Nowhere do we see anybody telling Christians to not, or to stop celebrating God’s holy days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And again

He said the law would be fulfilled before heaven and earth passed away. He fulfilled the law before heaven and earth passed away.

And again,

Can you show me that in scripture? I can't find that in my Bible.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hebrews 4
CLV(i) 1 We may be afraid then, lest at some time, a promise being left of entering into His stopping, anyone of you may be seeming to be deficient." 2 For we also have been evangelized, even as those also. But the word heard does not benefit those hearers, not having been blended together with faith in those who hear." 3 Then we who believe are entering into the stopping, according as He has declared, "As I swear in My indignation, 'If they shall be entering into My stopping-!'although the works occur from the disruption of the world." 4 For He has declared somewhere concerning the seventh thus: And God stops "on the seventh day from all His works." 5 And in this again, "If they shall be entering into My stopping-!" 6 Since, then, it is left for some to be entering into it, and those to whom the evangel was formerly brought did not enter because of stubbornness, 7 He is again specifying a certain day, "Today"-saying in David after so much time, according as has been declared before, "Today, if ever His voice you should be hearing, You should not be hardening your hearts." 8 For if Joshua causes them to stop, He would not have spoken concerning another day after these things." 9 Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God. 10 For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own." 11 We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness."

SHABBAT SHALOM!

What does that mean in English?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, you are getting a lot of responses and all say the same thing. That you got it all wrong and you are messing things up.

I see a lot of assertions; but I don't see any proof.

Keep trying. Others can learn from your mistakes.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is neither Christianity nor the New Testament, though. Just your opinions.

The New testament says that we have better covenant now. Therefore there is no need to return to the old one, the worse one.

Here's one from the NT:

(CLV) Re 5:10
Thou dost also make them a kingdom and a priesthood for our God, And they shall be reigning on the earth."

Are you saying that the Prophets Have been abolished?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.