Why do I always get emotional when I talk to God?

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I now talk to God and every time I do I get emotional, the question is why? I like the new me and know I am saved, but why the emotions? Is it guilt or what? I know I am not the person I use to be for I sense it. I worry about sinning but even that has slowed down a bit. How can I be saved when I sin? Since I got saved my old world and way in it has changed radicaly?
I am not the unsaved person I use to be, but wonder what now? I am waiting on God to show me what I am suppose to do while waiting for him to show me what I should do. I have hearing problems even with hearing aids and can't hear the preacher when he preaches. i was saved in North Carolina at the Mt Pleasant church of God, which I miss terribly. nameone

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Enjoy. In time, the emotions will stop, and you will wonder where God went. That is when He will be building your faith. in the end, you will have joy and peace, and you will be right where He wants you. It's all part of the process of being completely changed by the life of Christ inside you.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I now talk to God and every time I do I get emotional, the question is why? I like the new me and know I am saved, but why the emotions? Is it guilt or what? I know I am not the person I use to be for I sense it. I worry about sinning but even that has slowed down a bit. How can I be saved when I sin? Since I got saved my old world and way in it has changed radicaly?
I am not the unsaved person I use to be, but wonder what now? I am waiting on God to show me what I am suppose to do while waiting for him to show me what I should do. I have hearing problems even with hearing aids and can't hear the preacher when he preaches. i was saved in North Carolina at the Mt Pleasant church of God, which I miss terribly. nameone
Is it because you are inspired (overwhelmed) that the Almighty Holy God could love one such as yourself, as to hear your prayers?
TD:)

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate to pray in public or mixed company for that reason, I think it might be grace but mostly it's just that perfect peace in the middle of this chaos. I remember I laughed when I first read Augustines Confessions because it was so emotional and the guy is always so stoic in his other writings. You get emotional because it's normal, it would be weird if you didn't.

Don't worry, it's not like you have to be overwhelmed every time. There's a reason Jesus encouraged us to go into a closet and lock it, and why in the mornings he would go to isolated places to pray. It's a private time, it's a very personal thing to come into God's presence and know he accepts you and is in charge of anything that confronts you. If it helps a little you might consider this, it's pretty emotional for him as well, maybe that has something to do with it.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
At first I think when we realize how much God loves us we are shocked and feel so unworth it, especially when someone has committed a lot of sins they don't think they should be forgiven for or cannot believe that they are forgiven for. It all seems like a dream that it could be true.

I think it is perfectly fine that you get emotional when talking to God. What God wants most is a true and well motivated heart. If God is in your heart than everything that flows out of you will be good. I would not try to quelch it, it is a lovely thing and many of us that may be older or more mature Christians wish we could get back that sense of awe and being overwhelmed, though I am not saying that people have lost or will loose it.

Christ said that unless we become like little children we will not see the kingdom of God. To be trusting and emotional is a very nice thing, I would not be afraid of feeling something very honest with God, I would be more afraid of someday loosing this wonderful gift that God has given you of awe for Him. It's a blessing.

As far as waiting on God, there are times when we wait for something particular like an answer for something specific, but when waiting just remember what God prioritized; Love God with all your heart, soul and mind and Love your neighbor as yourself.

That will keep you busy forever! :)

Upvote 0