Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Natural selection happens to individuals - as the original definition I gave you makes clear. The multi-generational consequence of natural selection on the individuals of a population is evolution, and potential speciation. So natural selection happens to individuals, evolution happens to populations.

Of course evolution happened to individuals. But in natural selection, the individual change describes the overall change of the species. The term Natural Selection is only applied to the change of a species.

Many people died of some disease does not mean the natural selection disfavored human being. When all human beings stop growing long hair, that could, then, be called a consequence of natural selection.

I may be wrong. But you just have to argue a little harder.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Of course evolution happened to individuals.
No, populations.

But in natural selection, the individual change describes the overall change of the species. The term Natural Selection is only applied to the change of a species.
No and no. You seem to be confusing evolution and natural selection. They've already been explained.

Many people died of some disease does not mean the natural selection disfavored human being. When all human beings stop growing long hair, that could, then, be called a consequence of natural selection.
Not sure what your point is here.

I may be wrong. But you just have to argue a little harder.
Lol! I don't have to argue at all.

But if you can make a reasoned argument supporting whatever it is you're trying to claim, I'll try to respond in kind.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, populations.

No and no. You seem to be confusing evolution and natural selection. They've already been explained.

Not sure what your point is here.

Lol! I don't have to argue at all.

But if you can make a reasoned argument supporting whatever it is you're trying to claim, I'll try to respond in kind.

You are running away again.

Upvote 0