Why did Satan Murder Jesus, Knowing How angry this would make God?

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interested in opinons.
This was God's plan from the beginning, that He would send His Son, Our Savior to sacrifice His life for our sins.
Remember Pontius Pilot told Jesus that he had the power to have him crucified or not? Jesus responded that he wouldn't have authority unless God gave ot to him.
His mission was to become a man, equip the disciples to spread the gospel then lay down His life for our sins.
John introduced Him as the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world. Isaiah 53 describes Him as the suffering servant who would be slaughtered for our inquiries that He took on Himself.
This is fundamental Christianity 101.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
I wrote my statement as I did. I see no need to change it.

What is your point?

ewq1938's posts were perfectly consistent with Christian teaching, but you replied:

You are greatly deceived and I wonder why you classify yourself as "Christian" on this forum.

The OP is DreameroftheHeart who has "Christian" in his profile, yet teaches lots of things that are very contrary to Christianity. I think you may have meant that for him, not ewq1938?

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ewq1938's posts were perfectly consistent with Christian teaching, but you replied:

"
ewq1938 said:
I think Satan tried to save Christ from the cross actually."

Where in the Bible does it say or teach that Satan tried to save Jesus? How is that consistent with Christian teaching?

The OP is DreameroftheHeart who has "Christian" in his profile, yet teaches lots of things that are very contrary to Christianity.

That may be so.

I think you may have meant that for him, not ewq1938?

How do you claim to know my heart? You are not omniscient.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
"
ewq1938 said:
I think Satan tried to save Christ from the cross actually."

Where in the Bible does it say or teach that Satan tried to save Jesus? How is that consistent with Christian teaching?

That may be so.

How do you claim to know my heart? You are not omniscient.

Okay. If you intended that for ewq1938 that's fine.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,756.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Interested in opinons.
Why would it make God angry and why do you think Satan murdered him?

This life doesn't matter as much as the next. Jesus wanted to be in heaven with God and was here on open the way for mankind to be with God.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
So no Biblical defense of the assertion, "ewq1938's posts were perfectly consistent with Christian teaching"?

The one I saw was "I think Satan tried to save Christ from the cross actually" - which to my mind immediately brought up the Temptation of Christ, which was an attempt to "save" Jesus from the cross. I have not seen anything else in this thread that seemed unbiblical to me? But that would be a conversation for you two to have - just because that's what I saw (or assumed) in the post doesn't mean that's what ewq1938 meant by it.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one I saw was "I think Satan tried to save Christ from the cross actually" - which to my mind immediately brought up the Temptation of Christ,

I haven't seen that film.
But what I took that comment to mean - and what I meant when I was agreeing with it - was that people were jeering at Jesus and telling him to come down from the cross. I don't know what ewq1938 meant; but I am fairly sure that Satan was behind those comments - that he was tempting Jesus to get down from the cross a) so that he would fail in his mission and b) so that Satan would't be defeated.
Maybe by that point Satan had worked out, or cottoned onto, what was going to happen, and wanted to stop Jesus from dying. Or maybe he didn't know the full implications but wanted Jesus on earth for a bit longer so that he could tempt him to sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
I haven't seen that film.
But what I took that comment to mean - and what I meant when I was agreeing with it - was that people were jeering at Jesus and telling him to come down from the cross. I don't know what ewq1938 meant; but I am fairly sure that Satan was behind those comments - that he was tempting Jesus to get down from the cross a) so that he would fail in his mission and b) so that Satan would't be defeated.
Maybe by that point Satan had worked out, or cottoned onto, what was going to happen, and wanted to stop Jesus from dying. Or maybe he didn't know the full implications but wanted Jesus on earth for a bit longer so that he could tempt him to sin.
I'd not thought of that (I've not seen the last temptation of Christ either, I've heard it's blasphemous). Either way I think we agree satan did not want Jesus to go to the cross.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why did Satan Murder Jesus, Knowing How angry this would make God?
He didn't understand what the end result would be.

"None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." 1 Corinthians 2:8

It was the Father's good pleasure to crush His Son or He never would have used Satan to nail Him to the cross.

Satan meant it for evil - God meant it for good.

That's the case with all of the sins of men and angels from the beginning to the end of this age.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really have a hard time with all these opinions without real scripture support.

The Bible tells us who murdered Christ and it does not say : God or Satan.

Acts 2: 23…you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross

Acts 2: 36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

This does not mean I also did not have a part to play and I feel totally responsible for his cruel murder.

Quit trying to put the blame on someone else like God, satan, wicked men, Adam & Eve, sin, death or just so Christ could rise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"JoeP222w, post: 72352055, member: 382024"]"
ewq1938 said:
"I think Satan tried to save Christ from the cross actually."

I believe ewq meant Satan tried to "prevent" Jesus from going to the cross. As he clarified it in a subsequent post. When I originally read it I felt it was wrong also but I believe it was just a bad choice of a word.

• Agree
Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

MelG11

Feb 19, 2018
Gales Ferry
✟16,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that little of Jesus that anything could be done to him that he didn't want to be done? Jesus willingly sacrificed himself to atone for our sins! He was the ultimate blood sacrifice for you and I because he loves us that much. Why would you think God was angry? This was his plan!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are greatly deceived and I wonder why you classify yourself as "Christian" on this forum.

lol...did you ever think to just ask me to explain rather than accuse and attack me? The cross defeated Satan so naturally Satan would not want Christ to die on the cross.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe ewq meant Satan tried to "prevent" Jesus from going to the cross. As he clarified it in a subsequent post. When I originally read it I felt it was wrong also but I believe it was just a bad choice of a word.

save/prevent...same thing. Satan would not have wanted Christ to complete this. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0