Why did Republicans force their way into Impeachment Hearing?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Really? It's kind of humorous that anyone from the left would criticize the Republicans for doing the EXACT same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Except the shoe was on the other foot. A Democrat president was impeached not too long ago... and no such cheap disruptions occurred on the Democrat side of things.

It would be embarrassing enough if you had a real incident to cite for your whataboutism, but instead you had to ignore history and concoct a completely contradictory fantasy scenario out of whole cloth... what does that say about the position you're trying to defend?

If the Republicans had done this type of secret hearing

How secret can the hearing be when just under half of the participants were themselves Republicans?

I will repeat this as many times as necessary, to as many people as necessary, before it sinks in:

The House Intelligence Committee has 22 members.

13 Democrats.

9 Republicans

How big a secret meeting is the GOP keeping from itself?

with Obama we would have heard no end to "what are they hiding?" and we have a right to know etc etc. Democrats would have been all over it! This thread is hilarious?:wave:

I see nothing hilarious about people demonstrating their utter lack of knowledge about how our government works, and going into hysterics for no reason other than it was suggested that they should.

Find it as hilarious as you like... but I don't think anyone's laughing with you guys.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First, to be clear, this is not an impeachment hearing. I wouldn't even call it a legitimate impeachment inquiry because Nancy Pelosi never brought an inquiry to vote.

An inquiry does not require a full vote by the House. Who told you otherwise, and why do you trust them so utterly?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The GOP candidates in the House elections next year will be slaughtered by how they are reacting to these committee hearings.

I don't know by who?
Surely not by the voters?
Voters = no longer deceived.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't know by who?
Surely not by the voters?
Voters = no longer deceived.
M-Bob
Indeed, the voters know the GOP is supporting the coupster, Trump, and will slaughter the GOP candidates next year.

• Prayers
Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the Republican had no reason to force their way to the hearing. They're just trying to brainwash Trump followers to believe something was wrong. They knew Republican was at the hearing. They all should be fired and replaced.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I will repeat this as many times as necessary, to as many people as necessary, before it sinks in:

13 Democrats.

9 Republicans
I'm genuinely curious to see how long it takes before the RNC / RT figures out a talking point to address this point. Because so far, no matter how many times it gets posted, it seems to be totally ignored.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm genuinely curious to see how long it takes before the RNC / RT figures out a talking point to address this point. Because so far, no matter how many times it gets posted, it seems to be totally ignored.
Not to mention the fact that (at least) the Oversight Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee were also authorized to attend, and those two committees have an additional 38 Republicans between them.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

13 Democrats.

9 Republicans

Yep, 13 people from a party who have tried time and time again to bring the president down and each time failed miserably.

Unrepresented, Outrageous action by Republicans that call for the Unrepresented, Outrageous reaction of getting in there to see for themselves and making the point, enough is enough.

I like it.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yep, 13 people from a party who have tried time and time again to bring the president down and each time failed miserably.

Unrepresented, Outrageous action by Republicans that call for the Unrepresented, Outrageous reaction of getting in there to see for themselves and making the point, enough is enough.

I like it.
There were already Republicans in there. All that gang did was disrupt a hearing, intimate a witness and violate the security protocols of the House Intelligence Committee. MAGA!

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
51 GOP reps (about 1 in 4) were authorized to attend.

Why are they upset?

1. What is going to come out to the public eventually.
2. Because testimony is secret now, the witnesses cannot cooperate to perjure with impunity.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

As long as the faithful ignore it, there's no need to address it...

For all we know, they're probably the ones spreading this disinformation in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0