• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why did John the Baptist have a following?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Nihilist Virus, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Serving Zion

Serving Zion Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness

+879
    Christian
    Private
    Here you go. I learned some very useful things yesterday by what The Holy Spirit was showing me as I was conversing with a person who had no Christian knowledge at all. So I am more about emphasising that John the Baptist was likewise able to learn from the spirit of Messiah outside of the words that Jesus physically spoke, and not going so far as to say that there is nothing that he could have learned from hearing Jesus speak that he wouldn't have learned elsewhere - but as I have said, there are more complicated factors in the reason why he didn't follow Jesus around, (despite him saying that his joy was made full by beholding Jesus' ministry) - and the biggest reason, as I have said, is the one of accessibility. There is two anointed teachers, heavyweights, and what you are suggesting is to take one of them out so that everyone would only be learning from Jesus. This is not what God wants, it is in fact the opposite, as Jesus said in John 4:21-23 and what Adonai has said in Jeremiah 31:33 and Isaiah 11:9.
    The former would have actually been more useful! .. anyhow, I think this should contain the answer you need:

"until you are able to understand that the spirit of Messiah is a Christian's personal companion and teacher wherever we go (Matthew 23:8-10), you will not be able to understand that John the Baptist was in fact following Messiah even though being physically separated from Jesus."