✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Tower of Babel

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, [1] they found a plain in Shinar [2] and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Why do you think God did this?

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
mhatten said:
The Tower of Babel

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, [1] they found a plain in Shinar [2] and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Why do you think God did this?
I believe this has everything to do with the illuminati and the new world order. If God didn't put an end to what they were doing they very well could've enter in a one world government and religion. This event happend several hundred years after the flood and most if not all of the population was not worshipping the Lord. They had resorted to worshipping their own gods. Unbeknownst to them these gods they worshipped were none other than Satan and his ranking fallen angels. God could not allow these things to happen since the time for it was not yet. What God did was confuse their languages and scatered them throughout the world.

Now is the time however for these things to happen. Now is the time for that "new world order" to take place. It's when the illuminati will set up the anti-christ to take control. See at the time of the tower of Babel event the situation was getting to the point of these things happening but God still had his plans to work out yet. This is just another indication that God is in control and will not let his creation dictate what will happen.

Just my humble opinion....

neph

Upvote 0

Top Cat

Jul 2, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Perhaps the reason for the tower of Babel disaster was due to God not wanting humans to think they could get to him by their own efforts '...a tower that reaches to the heavens' (gen 11v4). It seems that all humans have wanted to do is to reach the heavens and now is no different for as we have discovered satellites even the deepest space is being explored, with the the prospect of travelling this. Perhaps God wanted to frustrate the plans of those whose pride would not allow them to seek God but to attain heaven by their own works. Behind the desire for man to achieve these aims their has always been the age old issue of man wanting to be God of his own life and achieve paradise on his own.
Wot do you think?

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would encourage you to sit down with your Bible open to that section and ask God Himself why He did that. He still speaks to His people today.

The reason the Church is in the mess it's in today is because we continually ask each other's opinions on spiritual matters or interpretations of Scripture and frequently buy into what man says.

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
nephilimiyr said:
I believe this has everything to do with the illuminati and the new world order. If God didn't put an end to what they were doing they very well could've enter in a one world government and religion. This event happend several hundred years after the flood and most if not all of the population was not worshipping the Lord. They had resorted to worshipping their own gods. Unbeknownst to them these gods they worshipped were none other than Satan and his ranking fallen angels. God could not allow these things to happen since the time for it was not yet. What God did was confuse their languages and scatered them throughout the world.

Now is the time however for these things to happen. Now is the time for that "new world order" to take place. It's when the illuminati will set up the anti-christ to take control. See at the time of the tower of Babel event the situation was getting to the point of these things happening but God still had his plans to work out yet. This is just another indication that God is in control and will not let his creation dictate what will happen.

Just my humble opinion....

neph

That's what i was going to say! ;)

I'll also add that God told Noah's decendants to "replenish" the earth, but they disobeyed and decided to build a great empire instead... So as Neph said: It was not time for the abmormally large mustard tree yet... :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.