East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
''If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold'' And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.''

-Genesis 4:15

I feel like Cain was the seed of the serpent, or just the father of evil people in general. But why would God protect Cain like that/ What do you think/

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain must have been marked as being a wild and ferocious man whom others avoided in fear and horror.

Cain's protection (of his life) can be seen as an act of divine deferment in order to help spread Adam's seed. There must then have been a small number of living people.

Upvote 0

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain killed Abel bc he was jealous and believed God loved him more. This is a typical lie people feel when they think they are not loved.

God punished him by banishing him from his land and family. Technically an eye for an eye would have been death, but God showed his mercy to him. It would be no different than having a child do something hanous, but still loving them bc they are yours. In a sense he was showing Cain that he never loved Abel more, even if the destruction was done. He was also giving Cain a chance to repent.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cain must have been marked as being a wild and ferocious man whom others avoided in fear and horror.

Cain's protection (of his life) can be seen as an act of divine deferment in order to help spread Adam's seed. There must then have been a small number of living people.

How was Adam's seed protected? God said if anyone hurt's Cain they will be punished sevenfold, not if anyone hurts Adam or his seed... you would think God would put a mark on the other Adams descendants to protect them, not Cain

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cain killed Abel bc he was jealous and believed God loved him more. This is a typical lie people feel when they think they are not loved.

God punished him by banishing him from his land and family. Technically an eye for an eye would have been death, but God showed his mercy to him. It would be no different than having a child do something hanous, but still loving them bc they are yours. In a sense he was showing Cain that he never loved Abel more, even if the destruction was done. He was also giving Cain a chance to repent.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. My thought was that God's plan was to have evil in this world to begin with, so he was preserving Cain for that purpose, to keep the seeds of the serpent alive for his grand, glorious purpose

Upvote 0

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How was Adam's seed protected? God said if anyone hurt's Cain they will be punished sevenfold, not if anyone hurts Adam or his seed... you would think God would put a mark on the other Adams descendants to protect them, not Cain

God was protecting Cain from the Fallen Angels. Seth was protected without a mark bc he was not around fallen angels, but was with his family including the presence of God.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's an interesting way of looking at it. My thought was that God's plan was to have evil in this world to begin with, so he was preserving Cain for that purpose, to keep the seeds of the serpent alive for his grand, glorious purpose

I think it's like the weeds and the wheat. There may have been saved individuals from Cain's bloodline.
Although we assume his bloodline died in the flood. May not be that simple.... There could have been saved people from his line even to this day.

• Useful
Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God was protecting Cain from the Fallen Angels. Seth was protected without a mark bc he was not around fallen angels, but was with his family including the presence of God.

How do you know that God was protecting Cain from fallen angels/ And where does it say that Seth was protected, and his family was in the presence of God/

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
''If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold'' And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.''

-Genesis 4:15

I feel like Cain was the seed of the serpent, or just the father of evil people in general. But why would God protect Cain like that/ What do you think/

God sought to stop the cycle of vengeance. If anyone would avenge Abel's death it would be the Lord himself.

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know that God was protecting Cain from fallen angels/ And where does it say that Seth was protected, and his family was in the presence of God/

It doesn't specifically say it. I'm going off these verses.

Genesis 4:13
13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the land and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Overall you have this story of the boys giving offerings and talking with the Lord. Cain gets asked questions like a father would ask their child. You have this sense that they are close. They would have been told stories from their parents about the garden of Eden and such. Cain is deeply upset he will be hidden from God's presence... granted it's more for a selfish reason.

Genesis 6
1When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The sons of God are fallen angels. Perhaps they were not roaming earth right away but it makes more sense that they were.

Upvote 0

Mark51

Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2014
✟89,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be that God wanted the vengeance to be righteously fulfilled by him alone. For others to seek vengeance and do so may have made them blood guilty also. Consider the example of David. He would not killed King Saul because Saul was anointed by God. (1 Samuel 26:9, 10) Both were eventually punished. Saul by the Philistines and Cain's "blood line" by the Flood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0