catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eve and Adam were banished from Heaven as a result of acting on their free will ; disobeying God.
That leads me to assume that God doesn't like free will. and if you try to live according to your own free will, you will be banished from Heaven.

They were acting on their own free from the start, even before distrusting God.

It wasn't actually disobeying itself (contrary to that one of many popular notions), as best I understand. God could have said: hand water these rose bushes every other day, and they could have gone off on some diligence, and not done it, and He wouldn't have thrown them out of the Garden.

Instead, the key thing, as best I understand, was distrusting God, thinking that He lied -- trusting the serpent over God. Instead of believing in God's words to them, they believed over Him the serpent's claim that God merely wanted to prevent them from becoming just like Him, and just lied to them.

It was especially bad, in that it was taking God not merely to lie, but also to be untrustworthy in a profound way.

They lost faith in God, broke trust.

We notice also they thought to replace Him as Judge -- "the knowledge of good and evil". Of course, we aren't very good judges compared to Someone vastly older than ourselves, Who can see vastly more than we can see, etc.

Distrust is profoundly disconnecting.

Distrust destroys relationships.

Distrust leads to more and more conflict, increasing over time.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or humankind?
It was certainly not free will because we had none before being banished from Heaven. Is our existence the result of a mistake? Is everything that we live for a mistake?
Are we His creation or His children?

Okay, "free will" has no place in discussions about God, because, God.

:)

God's will will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Hence, all matters are God's will. Free? Yes. Whatever God wills is true.

Ultimately.

So, the eternal is the infinite in all directions. And this is the finite world.

Where God is from is the infinite.

The answer here is children.

An answer deeply programmed (like dreaming), into every human being...

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0