California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to know what Adam and Eve had an argument about right before it all went down.

*I'm sure it had to do with not valuing his Creator given identity. Ironically, probably viewing himself as less than; the opposite of Lucifer.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would like to know what Adam and Eve had an argument about right before it all went down.

*I'm sure it had to do with not valuing his Creator given identity. Ironically, probably viewing himself as less than; the opposite of Lucifer.

Where are you getting that Adam and Eve had an argument?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Physical without spirit is empty, spirit without physical is distant, it's physical WITH spirit that really expresses love.

Jamdoc,

What many profess as love is really concern or care in most cases. They wish us well and want God's best. But they have little involvement in our lives and the outworking of what 'best' implies. They're not invested and love requires that and more.

For me, love isn't a feeling or temporary emotion dependent on favorable conditions. It's continuous through good times and bad. Including separations. When I say I love you I mean it. Not superficially or in the guise of like or care. You're in my heart. Some loves move beyond that space. What began in the soul enters the spirit and the union is surreal. It's rare but I've experienced it.

Yours in Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jamdoc,

What many profess as love is really concern or care in most cases. They wish us well and want God's best. But they have little involvement in our lives and the outworking of what 'best' implies. They're not invested and love requires that and more.

For me, love isn't a feeling or temporary emotion dependent on favorable conditions. It's continuous through good times and bad. Including separations. When I say I love you I mean it. Not superficially or in the guise of like or care. You're in my heart. Some loves move beyond that space. What began in the soul enters the spirit and the union is surreal. It's rare but I've experienced it.

Yours in Service,

~Bella

Yeah, well, the word used is "love" and often times it's obligation connected to loving Christ and being obedient to His commandments, or obligation out of being related.
Which is what I mean by it being shallow, because it hinges on one thing.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, well, the word used is "love" and often times it's obligation connected to loving Christ and being obedient to His commandments, or obligation out of being related.
Which is what I mean by it being shallow, because it hinges on one thing.

Jamdoc,

I love the Lord and that love is demonstrated in tangible ways. Including obedience and sacrifice done unbegrudgingly. But in like fashion, when I love someone I'm willing to extend myself on their behalf. Obligation and duty aren't an albatross. I welcome them and do so of my own volition.

There are things I do in response to the Christ within me. I have no attachment to the person and I'm operating through the current of His love and guidance. I have over 9,500 posts on the site. Ninety percent of them involve people I'll never meet. I'm helping or encouraging them in some way. That's His doing. I'm a conduit for His love and grace.

Doing the same for someone I love produces a different feeling. I'm challenged in ways I'd never experience with a stranger. That's the iron which stretches and refines my person. Both have their place.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You believe Ephesians 4:13 is already accomplished:

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"
You are correct. What you are referring to is the outworking of what God has already done. There is another aspect to which I am referring.

The spirit man is united with Christ at the new birth. Since every born again spirit is united with Christ, then there is unity with all born again spirits. We are all members of the body of Christ. Obviously this is not a physical unity but spiritual.

The problem is that the mind of the Christian is not in harmony with the spirit, especially at first. There is a process of renewing the mind required to bring about harmony. It's hard enough for the individual Christian to have inner harmony of mind and spirit. When Christians are all in different stages of maturity, we need tolerance and openness to correction. I can have instant fellowship with a born again Christian. It's a bond that has no logic or reason, does not depend on denomination or doctrinal beliefs, gender, age, race or social status. It is spiritual.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God should have created penis in Adam's body, not only for passing urine, but for sexual activity too.
So, it is God's plan from the beginning to create man and woman so that they can have sexual relationship.
Adam needs sex to be a man.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When he is created in God's image and likeness?

And God said, the man is too happy, and too carefree... so He created Woman”

I stole this joke from a preacher... it may have been from John Hagee...

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe Adam stayed with Eve as an act of faith, based on the belief that what Yah had given him was still good, regardless of his decision to use her for bad.

This would mean that he was holding on to promises despite how bad it looked in the moment--not unlike Abraham with Isaac.

If this was the case it would be an act of repentance.

Just some thoughts I had today.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe Adam stayed with Eve as an act of faith, based on the belief that what Yah had given him was still good, regardless of his decision to use her for bad.

This would mean that he was holding on to promises despite how bad it looked in the moment--not unlike Abraham with Isaac.

If this was the case it would be an act of repentance.

Just some thoughts I had today.

Possible but if he had faith in what God said, God told him that when he ate that fruit he would die. So there are 2 ways about it.
Either he doubted what God said, as Satan had convinced Eve, which is of course, just sad.
Or he loved Eve so much he was willing to die with her, valuing his relationship with Eve more than eternal life. As far as we know in the book, God did not say that He'd forsake Adam or not be present with Adam if he ate, and that Adam would lose everything, dominion of the earth and God's providence ... as far as we know, the consequence for eating the fruit, as far as Adam knew, was death. So in this case, it's still having faith in what God said, and making a value judgement of Eve > Eternal Life. Which is less sad than not having faith in what God said, its still rebellion but, not rebellion made out of a lack of faith.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam needs sex to be a man.

It's far more likely that Adam needed sex in order to fulfill his destiny.

Gen 1:27-29 . . Male and Female He created them. And God blessed them; and said to them: Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
_

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FAQ: Why was Adam so stupid as to eat something that he knew good and well was toxic?

A: Actually the fruit wasn't toxic. When Eve tasted it, nothing happened. She didn't drop dead to the ground, nor did she even become ill or exhibit any side effects.

I think most anyone would sympathize with Adam's situation. I mean: he was instructed by a supposedly competent source that the forbidden tree was unfit for human consumption. But here's his wife sitting right beside him happily munching away and she's still healthy, lucid, and having no reaction to the fruit whatsoever. How is a reasonable man supposed to argue with empirical evidence as good as that?
_

Upvote 0