Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Nukem

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟2,399.00
Faith
Christian
Although most people missed Jesus' first coming, no one will miss His second. Jesus said all the people of the earth "will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Matthew 24:30).

But when He comes the second time, will He be accepted then? What will people expect? Will the Jews think that He will come just to them? Will Christians think they are going to be taken away from the earth? Will the world think He is an invader from somewhere?

Jesus gave a vision to His apostle John, recorded for us in the book of Revelation. In it Jesus completes the prophecies He gave during His earthly ministry. It's most interesting to note that He will not be accepted by the world the second time, just as He wasn't accepted at His first coming. When He comes the second time, He won't come as one announcing the Kingdom of God, He will come as Ruler to establish the Kingdom of God!

Make no mistake,the nations will again reject Him. He speaks of the time of His return as being "the great day of His wrath," when the nations are angry at God's intervention (Revelation 6:16-17; 11:17-18). Leaders of the whole world will "gather ...to the battle of that great day of God Almighty," in which they will fight against Him (Revelation 16:14).

At Jesus' second coming He is pictured as One who "judges and makes war" (Revelation 19:11). He will "strike the nations" with a sword and tread "the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God" (verse 15).

Such passages make it clear that the world will not receive Christ with open arms when He comes back. This is the other side of the picture of Jesus that is not taught very much today. When He returns, He will meet with a hostile reception from the world,just as He did the first time.

Responding to the disciples' question, about the time of His return and the end of this age of man, Jesus laid out a frightening scenario that includes widespread religious deception, warfare, famines and devastating natural disasters. "All these," He told them, "are the beginning of birth pains" that will usher in this new age to begin at His return.
At what point will He intervene? At the point that mankind faces annihilation. "It will be a time of great distress, such as there has never been before since the beginning of the world, and will never be again. If that time of troubles were not cut short, no living thing could survive; but for the sake of God's chosen it will be cut short".

Why must Jesus Christ return? Conditions will have grown so terrible, so life threatening, that human life will be in danger of extinction. He came to earth the first time to save us from our sins. He will come a second time to save us from ourselves.

Initially at least, it will not be a pretty sight. Revelation 6:16-17 describes Him as coming in wrath because of mankind's continued refusal to obey His laws and the world's continual slide into evil and self-destructiveness. His return is announced with the sounding of trumpets ushering in monumental calamities on the earth (chapters 8 and 9). Yet in all of this it is His great concern for mankind that leads to this righteous anger.

Jesus is pictured as the One who is returning to rule the nations of the entire earth (Revelation 11:15). He will not accept resistance from anyone who opposes His righteous rule and will make war with the nations and the leaders who oppose Him (Revelation 19:15). He punishes and takes charge for our own good to bring peace to a world bent on destruction.

This is perhaps the most important picture of Jesus in the Bible, because this is the Jesus Christ the entire world will meet sometime in the coming years,perhaps in the not too distant future!

I

In Christ Forever

If that is the case, Jesus LIED to His own people!!! All things WRITTEN would be fulfilled after the destruction of Jerusalem. Can anyone prove Christ LIED here:scratch:

Luke 21:22 "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.

matt 23:Matthew 23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees[corrupt priests of Levi/Judah] sit in Moses' seat. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! ..... 38 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 "for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed [is] He who comes in the name of the LORD!' "

Malachi 2:1 "And now, O priests, this commandment is for you. 2 If you will not hear, And if you will not take [it] to heart, To give glory to My name," Says the LORD of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, Because you do not take [it] to heart. 3 "Behold, I will rebuke your descendants And spread Dung on your faces, The Dung of your solemn feasts; And [one] will take you away with it.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

FreeinChrist said:
AMEN, Duke Nukem!!! :clap: Great post!
All I need are these passages, nothing more. I don't think Jesus lied to His people, otherwise the Bible is FALSE.:sigh: That is what "preterists" do, reconcile scriptures to each other. God bless.:preach:

matt 23:Matthew 23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees[corrupt priests of Levi/Judah] sit in Moses' seat. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! ..... 38 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 "for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed [is] He who comes in the name of the LORD!' "

Luke 21:22 "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.:eek:

Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months. :eek:

Jeremi 1:14 Then the LORD said to me: "Out of the north calamity shall break forth On all the inhabitants of the land. 15 For behold,I am calling All the families of the kingdoms ofthe north[notice the "10 kings" in revelation?]," says the LORD; "They shall come and each one set his throne At the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, Against all its walls all around, And against all the cities of Judah. 16 I will utter My judgments Against them concerning all their wickedness, Because they have forsaken Me, Burned incense to other gods, And worshiped the works of their own hands.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Hi Justme, just one more thing. Can you explain how the high priest and the "daughters of Jerusalem" saw Jesus coming in the clouds?:confused: ;) Doesn't the white throne judgement and 6th seal look similar to you?

Mark 14 61 But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" 62 Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." 63 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said,

luke 23:28 But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 "For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed [are] the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!' 30 "Then they will begin 'to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" '

reve 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

reve 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

The Truth of History is that Jerusalem was destroyed and Jews suffered greatly but IT WAS NOT THIS

Matt 24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

70 AD was not even the worst thing to happen to the Jews let alone EVER...................The Second Jewish revolt...................yes that is right there was Second revolt in 135 AD and it was far worse then 70 AD.

Of course the preterists don't want to talk about this they want to lead you down a path of deception and lies because that is what this false doctrine is deception and lies that is what they know

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Just The Facts said:
Hi

The Truth of History is that Jerusalem was destroyed and Jews suffered greatly but IT WAS NOT THIS

Matt 24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

70 AD was not even the worst thing to happen to the Jews let alone EVER...................The Second Jewish revolt...................yes that is right there was Second revolt in 135 AD and it was far worse then 70 AD.

Of course the preterists don't want to talk about this they want to lead you down a path of deception and lies because that is what this false doctrine is deception and lies that is what they know
Hi JTF. Can I recommend some reading for you? Read Josephus's account of that event. If that doesn't make you "cringe" nothing will.

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

"Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive. The Jews, for want of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen. In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal ; and had actually eaten one half thereof, when the soldiers, allured by the smell of food, threatened her with instant death if she refused to discover it. 'Intimidated by this menace, she immediately produced the remains of her son, which petrified them with horror. At the recital of this melancholy and affecting occurrence, the whole city stood aghast, and poured forth their congratulations on those whom death had hurried away from such heartrending scenes. Indeed, humanity at once shudders and sickens at the narration, nor can any one of the least sensibility reflect upon the pitiable condition to which the female part of the inhabitants of Jerusalem must at this time have been reduced, without experiencing the tenderest emotions of sympathy, or refrain from tears while he reads our SAVIOUR'S pathetic address to the women who "bewailed him" as he was led to Calvary, wherein he evidently refers to these very calamities : "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but for yourselves and for your children ; for, behold, the days are coming in which they shall say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts that never gave suck." Luke xxiii. 29.

Luke 21:22
"For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.:eek:

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Just the facts,
Just curious. What leads you to say the great tribulation was the 'worst ' the most killed, the coldest war, the hottest war, what leads to to think the great tribulation is the 'worst' of history. It doesn't say that, it says the great tribulation has never occred before and won't again, but nothing that it is the 'worst' of anything. One thing that sets this great tribulation apart is that it is followed by the parousia...that has never happened before??? I don't think that has anything to do with it, but it is the easiest example to show.
I think the great tribulation is unique in how God used certain armies to unleash HIs wrath. How about that one?

Justme

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
6.6 You MAY post in the "Christians Only" forums and MAY use a "Christian" faith icon in your profile if you consider yourself a "Christian" and DO adhere to the contents of the Nicene Creed AND believe in the following controversial doctrines BUT the specific discussion of these doctrines must be posted in the Open forums (for example, Unorthodox Theological Doctrines) and not in the Christian Only forums:
a. Full Preterism.
b. Open Theism.
c. Universalism.
Why are half of the posts here breaking this rule?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

In Christ Forever

Breetai said:
Why are half of the posts here breaking this rule?
What rule? We are just trying to find out what Christ meant by all things WRITTEN would be fulfilled in that generation. Another words, how much is yet future and how much is past. There are some interesting discussions on the "unorthodox" forum as there are other spirit led christians really trying to prove that Christ wasn't lying to His people back then so we can get atheists and unbelievers to believe in the Bible. All I do is put up scripture.:amen:

Luke 21:22 "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.:eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.