Why Catholic (And Not Just Christian)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,801.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God has revealed his word not simply through Sacred Scripture but through Sacred Tradition as well, and the latter undeniably preceded the former in the New Covenant era (see, Acts 2:42).

Please pardon my minor editing, but I found myself ROFL about the above comment.

May I ask whose Sacred Tradition you are referring to? On what authority do you infallibly know this to be the ONE, TRUE, and ONLY ST?

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When dealing with you my friend, one learns that there is NEVER anything as simple as Yes or NO.

Really maj1, now it's my fault you have difficulty answering uncomfortable questions?

You see, you couch your questions in the darkness of deceit and deception always with an alterier motive in mind.

That is preposterous...... plain and simple!

There are some questions in which a simple Yes or No is not available.

I know,, like, what time is it? How old are you? ect. But the question I asked you does not fall in that category, for it could have been answerd either yes or no.

If you are asking if men who are SAVED are seeking God's wisdom and knowledge and love and compassion and the peace that passes all understanding then my answer is YES!

This is all nice, but how about those that do not adhere to the unbiblical belief of being "saved' as a one time event? I too used to belive this until I seen the truth through Scripture and the teachings of the true Church started by Jesus Christ...... The Catholic Church! I now know that I have been saved, I'm being saved, and I have the hope that I will be saved, while I work out my salvation with fear and trembling, like St. Paul. In other words, according to the Bible, "being saved" is not a one time event, but rather, an ongoing process. But that's a wholie different topic, one I'd be more than happy to discuss with you.

Romans 3:10-12 says.....
“As it is written: ‘There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.’”

We know that God first gives us faith. But we also have a free will. We decide what to do with the faith God gives. We can ignore it, we can misuse it by chasing after false gods, or we can receive it gladly and use it to embrace the gospel. When God says we must seek Him with all our heart, we understand that He has taken the first step toward us. He has done all that is necessary for our salvation; the work is done.

I am glad you posted Rom.3:11 for it is the root of my question on post # 77. Again, back on post #26, you argued indisputably that Romans 3:11:

"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

And that..........

"ALL includes every single human being!"

Including babies, (in and outside of the womb) mentally handicapped, ect.

So....... is it fair to say Major1, your argument is that in Rom. 3 it says..." that none is righteous and that all have sinned, right? And would it also be fair to say that you believe the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is without sin in which I agree and you disagrees, right?

Would you also agree that in this passage from Romans, Paul was quoting from the O.T. (Ps.14)? And in Ps. 14 it says....."The fool says in his heart,'There is no God,They are corrupt...there is none that does good." Right?

So my argument is Major1...... just so St.Paul when he quotes from this Psalm, he is not absolutely saying no one is righteous, for if he was, then how would he explain all the Old and New Testament passages that refer to the righteous? Which brings me back to my question.... if you seek for God in your life. For Romans 3:11 says that "no one seeks for God." My point being Maj1, does that mean that absolutely no one seeks God? Of course not. Just like interpreting Romans 3 that absolutely none is righteous and that all have sinned would be just as ludicrous.

Thanks for the question as it once again allows me to give out the correct Word of God.

You mean to give out your fallible and personal interpretation/ understanding of the Word of God which is subject to error? Is That what you are saying? (a Yes or No question)

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Please pardon my minor editing, but I found myself ROFL about the above comment.

May I ask whose Sacred Tradition you are referring to? On what authority do you infallibly know this to be the ONE, TRUE, and ONLY ST?

Start a thread on Sacred Traditions and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Actually, I'd look forward to it.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,801.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Start a thread on Sacred Traditions and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Thanks in advance!

What a pity! I asked two simple questions and you refused to answer either one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really maj1, now it's my fault you have difficulty answering uncomfortable questions?

That is preposterous...... plain and simple!

I know,, like, what time is it? How old are you? ect. But the question I asked you does not fall in that category, for it could have been answerd either yes or no.

This is all nice, but how about those that do not adhere to the unbiblical belief of being "saved' as a one time event? I too used to belive this until I seen the truth through Scripture and the teachings of the true Church started by Jesus Christ...... The Catholic Church! I now know that I have been saved, I'm being saved, and I have the hope that I will be saved, while I work out my salvation with fear and trembling, like St. Paul. In other words, according to the Bible, "being saved" is not a one time event, but rather, an ongoing process. But that's a wholie different topic, one I'd be more than happy to discuss with you.

I am glad you posted Rom.3:11 for it is the root of my question on post # 77. Again, back on post #26, you argued indisputably that Romans 3:11:

"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

And that..........

So....... is it fair to say Major1, your argument is that in Rom. 3 it says..." that none is righteous and that all have sinned, right? And would it also be fair to say that you believe the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is without sin in which I agree and you disagrees, right?

Would you also agree that in this passage from Romans, Paul was quoting from the O.T. (Ps.14)? And in Ps. 14 it says....."The fool says in his heart,'There is no God,They are corrupt...there is none that does good." Right?

So my argument is Major1...... just so St.Paul when he quotes from this Psalm, he is not absolutely saying no one is righteous, for if he was, then how would he explain all the Old and New Testament passages that refer to the righteous? Which brings me back to my question.... if you seek for God in your life. For Romans 3:11 says that "no one seeks for God." My point being Maj1, does that mean that absolutely no one seeks God? Of course not. Just like interpreting Romans 3 that absolutely none is righteous and that all have sinned would be just as ludicrous.

You mean to give out your fallible and personal interpretation/ understanding of the Word of God which is subject to error? Is That what you are saying? (a Yes or No question)

You said...………………
"This is all nice, but how about those that do not adhere to the unbiblical belief of being "saved' as a one time event?"

That is a false statement. According to the Scriptures, a lost man is "Born Again" one time, eternally. If you do not accept that, then it is not my concern my dear friend. It is up to YOU to do the work and study of the Scriptures so that you can rightly divide the Word of God.

You then said...………..
" I now know that I have been saved, I'm being saved, and I have the hope that I will be saved, while I work out my salvation with fear and trembling".

Absolutely WONDERFUL mu friend. That is a blessing!

May I say to you that the Phillipisans 2:12-13 text that you referred to is misused to instill fear into people, warning them that it means that they can lose their salvation.

When we actually do the Bible study we see that the Greek word translated "fear" in Philippians 2:12-13 means "reverence" or "respect."

The correct Bible exegesis then is that through obedience and submission to the God we revere and respect is our “reasonable service” as Paul said in Romans 12:1-2...……

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Psalms 2:11 sums it up perfectly...……..
“Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.”

We work out our salvation by going to the very source of our salvation—the Word of God—wherein we renew our hearts and minds as I posted for you in Rom. 12:1-2, coming into His presence with a spirit of reverence and awe.

Then you said...…………
"In other words, according to the Bible, "being saved" is not a one time event, but rather, an ongoing process. But that's a wholie different topic, one I'd be more than happy to discuss with you."

I am sorry my friend but I must correct you once again. Follow with me the Bible truths where we can easily see that salvation is one time event, not a process. It happened in the first moment of belief.

Ephesians 1:13-14...……….

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."

PLEASE try and understand that I did not write those words. I did not interpret those words. They are self explanatory and if you do not want to accept them and believe them...…..that is your choice.

It is clear that you do not understand the Bible doctrine of SANCTIFICATION in your definition of salvation. "Sanctification" is the life long work of the Holy Spirit counseling us to adjust our behavior to be conformed to the image and likeness of Jesus. It begins after salvation, and will not be complete until we’re changed at the Rapture.

Again, when we dig into the Word of God instead of Religiouse and denomination dogma we find in Hebrews 10:14 the Scriptures that separate the two...……….
By one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”

Having been made perfect forever in God’s eyes means that our salvation’s a done deal. It’s in the past tense. We are now in the process of being made holy which is the process of sanctification. It’s in the present tense, ongoing.

You said...…….
So....... is it fair to say Major1, your argument is that in Rom. 3 it says..." that none is righteous and that all have sinned, right? And would it also be fair to say that you believe the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is without sin in which I agree and you disagrees, right?"
The word "ALL" in Romans 3:23 is defined as...……………………...​
Strong's Concordance
pas: all, every
Original Word: πᾶς, πᾶσα, πᾶν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: pas
Phonetic Spelling: (pas)
Short Definition: all, the whole, every kind of
Definition: all, the whole, every kind of.
Once again, if we do the work and study of the Bible we will find the answer.​

In Romans 3:23...….the word "for" is a connective word and it connects Romans 3:23 with the previous verse. "For" indicates that Paul is about to give the reason for his previous claim. Romans 3:23 is not an independent theological declaration, but an explanation of why "there is no distinction" from Rom 3:22.

Translating the Greek word gar as "And the reason for this is because" reminds us to consider the previous words in verse #22. So then we see that the purpose of Romans 3:23 is to explain why there is no longer any ETHNIC distinction in God’s newly-established covenant.

All
("all peoples, both Jews and Gentiles")
Simply put, all does not mean "every single, individual person." Rather, all means "both Jews and Gentiles," or "every ethnicity." Or most succinctly, it means "all peoples" instead of "all people." The primary categories in Romans 1-3 are groups, not individuals. Romans addresses the relationship between two groups of people. Group A consists of ethnic Israelites: '“the circumcised," "the Jews," "those under the nomos/Torah." Group B is the Gentiles: “the uncircumcised," "the Greeks," "those without nomos/Torah." So, when Paul says "all" he has in mind both of these groups — Jews and Gentiles. The use in Romans 3:23 means "all peoples" more than "every individual."

This reading collaborates with the preceding clause: "for there is no distinction." This statement countered the false Jewish boast to ethnic superiority — the law does not distinguish ethic Jews over and above Gentiles, for that would make God a tribal deity of only one nation when he is in fact God of all peoples and groups (Rom 3:29). God does not favor one group over the others, and the reason for this is because all groups — both Jews and Gentiles — are dishonorable/unacceptable due to sin.

Once we understand the meaning of the first two words in Romans 3:23 — "for all" — then the rest of the verse is rather simple and straightforward and we can then easily understand why BABIES and mentally challenged people are not the ones in view.

You then said...………….
"the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is without sin in which I agree and you disagrees, right?"

Correct! If you can post one single Bible verse which says that Mary was sinless I will be more than happy to agree with YOUR interpretation.

Then you asked again...………
"You mean to give out your fallible and personal interpretation/ understanding of the Word of God which is subject to error? Is That what you are saying? (a Yes or No question)".

For the 6th time. I have NO authority. I am not infallible! I am nothing more than an old country boy who was blessed to be able to attend some really wonderful schools and then pass that onto those who want to know. I am just as fallible as YOU and the Pope and everyone else. NO ONE has to accept what I post. EVERONE can reject what I say.

If you do not want to be exposed then there is NO need to keep asking me questions on the Scriptures. YOU my friend are a Catholic and YOU will never accept what I am going to say as YOU will always place Catholic dogma over and above the Literal Words of The Bible and I said that to you way back on post #27 or 28 and nothing has changed or will change.

HOWEVER, I am more than happy to try and help you understand the doctrines of the Bible correctly if you choose to ask.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks in advance!

How is the asking of those two questions any different then you asking questions which do not apply?

The thread is "WHY Catholic.....".

Why is that not an appropriate question?????

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Corinthians 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,

This would’ve been a really nice scripture to quote when the bishop of Rome “excommunicated” the churches of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem for not submitting to his authority.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maj1.....What you believe about every single person can only be confined to your own mind, would you not agree?

I'm sorry Maj1, but that is utter nonsence, and I'm sure you know it. Besides..... This is not the first time you've said nonsence like this to me or other posters when the questions get uncomfortable for you, and it begins to get a little warm in your kitchen.

Lol!...... This is the second most bizzare thing you've posted in the past couple of days. You have never.... ever.... posted any false teachings of the Catholic Church, so there is or was a reason to refute your myths and fallicies!

To quote the late Arch Bishop Fulton J Sheen:

"There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be."

Ehhhh..... thought about it, but I've moved on. Besides, I have thick skin, don't have to go running to the moderators every time someone hurts my feelings.

No need..... thanks anyhoo.

And your questions have been answerd time after time. The problem is, your mind has been polluted by so much anti-Catholic myths, rhetoric, fallicies, and talking points you refuse to accept them. If you want to see the truth, I would suggest googling: "CatholicBridge.com/ Is the Rosary Contrary to the Bible?" read it with an open mind, then get back to me.

Like I said above, go to the web-site provided, read it with an opien mind and get back to me.

First off, this has been addressed many times (my last post for example)

Secondly, as I've told you time after time, I no longer adhere to your unbiblical belief of sola scriptura.

Thirdly,

God has revealed his word not simply through Sacred Scripture but through Sacred Tradition as well, and the latter undeniably preceded the former in the New Covenant era (see, Acts 2:42).

Fourthly.Show the passage that indicates a single sin committed by Mary explicitly.

Now Maj1, you seem to enjoy throwing around the "Where is that in the Bible." So how about you showing in the Bible where it teaches the "altar call", The "sinners prayer" "some bible believing churches objections to dancing and alcohol", " some bible believing churchs idea and practice that Christian children should be separated from the adults during church services." Using "grape juice" for communion rather than wine." The practice of most every modern Christian pastor of wearing a "Golf Shirt" or a suit and tie during worship service, Desiring a "Personal relationship with Jesus Christ." This also is a worthy endeavor, but could you show New (or Old) Testament where it say's explicitly that this is all that God desires of us? I could go on.... and on.... and on.

Veiled Threat?? I think not. Besides.... like I said, I've moved on. :)

Lastly Maj1, I couldn't help but noticed you disreguarded the main subject if this post of mine you quoted. so to refresh it:

"Lol......I think if anyone should read something carefully, this person should be you. Here it is again, and lets go through it together.....okay?

"This is all very nice Major1, but once again would you agree that it is fair to say that everything you post here, outside of quoting Scripture, are the words of a fallible man who has no authority whatsoever outside of that which you have vested in yourself? I ask that because you rest crucial points of yours, not on the Word of God, but on your fallible, non-authoritative opinion - the word of Major1, as it were."

Here we go:

1. "would you agree that it is fair to say that everything you post here, outside of quoting Scripture, are the words of a fallible man who has no authority whatsoever outside of that which you have vested in yourself?"

Can you not see, outside of quoting Scripture, where I agree and state you have no authority whatsoever. outside of that which you vested in yourself?

2. " I ask that because you rest crucial points of yours, not on the Word of God, but on your fallible, non-authoritative opinion - the word of Major1, as it were."

Do you disagree that you rest your crucial points, not on the word God (Scripture) but on your "fallible" non-authoritive opinion....... The word of Maj1! You see, the major (no pun intended) word here is "fallible." You do agree that you are fallible ....... correct? If so, all I am asking is that you admit that your self admitted non-authoritive opinion,,,, interpretations of Scripture could be in error..... Thats all! Are you willing to admit to all of us here on Christian Forums that you could be wrong when it comes to understanding/ interpreting Scripture?"

Thank you.

Absolutely NOTHING new in your posts. Same questions, same comments over and over.

Again, and actually I have lost count, I DO NOT HAVE ANY AUTHORITY.

I do however have opinions on the Scriptures just as do you. IF YOU do not like what I post, and it seems that all you do is argue, why do you keep reading my posts????????

Again, YOU are a Catholic and you are never going to agree with Correct Bible exegesis.
You are only pushing YOUR own opinions which are the RCC teachings and they will always differ from the Bible.

The thread is "WHY CATHOIC...….".

Where in the Bible do we find the words and teaching that Mary was "SINLESS?"
Where in the Bible do we find the words and teaching of the "ROSARY?"
Where in the Bible do we find the words and teaching of "PURGATORY"?

You seem to enjoy ASKING questions of us, so it seems to me that YOU need to start explaining WHY you are a Catholic since there is so many things that ARE NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE which you believe.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maj1.....What you believe about every single person can only be confined to your own mind, would you not agree?

I'm sorry Maj1, but that is utter nonsence, and I'm sure you know it. Besides..... This is not the first time you've said nonsence like this to me or other posters when the questions get uncomfortable for you, and it begins to get a little warm in your kitchen.

Lol!...... This is the second most bizzare thing you've posted in the past couple of days. You have never.... ever.... posted any false teachings of the Catholic Church, so there is or was a reason to refute your myths and fallicies!

"There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be."

Ehhhh..... thought about it, but I've moved on. Besides, I have thick skin, don't have to go running to the moderators every time someone hurts my feelings.

And your questions have been answerd time after time. The problem is, your mind has been polluted by so much anti-Catholic myths, rhetoric, fallicies, and talking points you refuse to accept them. If you want to see the truth, I would suggest googling: "CatholicBridge.com/ Is the Rosary Contrary to the Bible?" read it with an open mind, then get back to me.

Like I said above, go to the web-site provided, read it with an opien mind and get back to me.

Secondly, as I've told you time after time, I no longer adhere to your unbiblical belief of sola scriptura.

Thirdly,

Fourthly.Show the passage that indicates a single sin committed by Mary explicitly.

Now Maj1, you seem to enjoy throwing around the "Where is that in the Bible." So how about you showing in the Bible where it teaches the "altar call", The "sinners prayer" "some bible believing churches objections to dancing and alcohol", " some bible believing churchs idea and practice that Christian children should be separated from the adults during church services." Using "grape juice" for communion rather than wine." The practice of most every modern Christian pastor of wearing a "Golf Shirt" or a suit and tie during worship service, Desiring a "Personal relationship with Jesus Christ." This also is a worthy endeavor, but could you show New (or Old) Testament where it say's explicitly that this is all that God desires of us? I could go on.... and on.... and on.

Lastly Maj1, I couldn't help but noticed you disreguarded the main subject if this post of mine you quoted. so to refresh it:

"Lol......I think if anyone should read something carefully, this person should be you. Here it is again, and lets go through it together.....okay?

"This is all very nice Major1, but once again would you agree that it is fair to say that everything you post here, outside of quoting Scripture, are the words of a fallible man who has no authority whatsoever outside of that which you have vested in yourself? I ask that because you rest crucial points of yours, not on the Word of God, but on your fallible, non-authoritative opinion - the word of Major1, as it were."

Here we go:

1. "would you agree that it is fair to say that everything you post here, outside of quoting Scripture, are the words of a fallible man who has no authority whatsoever outside of that which you have vested in yourself?"

Can you not see, outside of quoting Scripture, where I agree and state you have no authority whatsoever. outside of that which you vested in yourself?

2. " I ask that because you rest crucial points of yours, not on the Word of God, but on your fallible, non-authoritative opinion - the word of Major1, as it were."

Do you disagree that you rest your crucial points, not on the word God (Scripture) but on your "fallible" non-authoritive opinion....... The word of Maj1! You see, the major (no pun intended) word here is "fallible." You do agree that you are fallible ....... correct? If so, all I am asking is that you admit that your self admitted non-authoritive opinion,,,, interpretations of Scripture could be in error..... Thats all! Are you willing to admit to all of us here on Christian Forums that you could be wrong when it comes to understanding/ interpreting Scripture?"

Thank you.

You said...…….
"Thats all! Are you willing to admit to all of us here on Christian Forums that you could be wrong when it comes to understanding/ interpreting Scripture?"

NO...….Just you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We Catholics could ask the same thing TD. Why do you Baptists, or Lutherans, Anglican, Methodists, Quakers, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Non-Denominationals, ect, ect, use those words to identify themselves in stead of simply saying...."Christian?"

Just a reminder....it is a proven by historical documention that the Catholic Church is the world’s longest living institutional testimony to Christianity with a currant membership of 1.2 billion, worldwide. (thats one fifth of the worlds pop.) That's more than all of those I listed above....combined! Not only that, you have to keep in mind that the name Christian predates "all" Protestant and Evangelical Churches by over a millennium.

However.....the word Catholic on the other hand was used by the year 110 A.D. to distinguish the Church of the Apostles from heretical teachings. St. Ignatius of Antioch, was a disciple of St. John, along with St. Polycarp. The Church historian Theodoret says Ignatius was consecrated bishop by St. Peter, the apostle, who was the first bishop of Antioch before returning to Rome.

Ignatius was martyred in Rome under Emperor Trajan's rule. It was during the journey to Rome that he wrote his famous letters that contain invaluable information about the early Church. He was the first to document the term "Catholic" in its current form to describe the Church.

Now as for me, if somebody ask me if I am Christian? My simple answer is "Yes.... I am a Catholic Christian!"

Yes that was long before Rome was excommunicated from the Catholic Church in 1054AD. You see before the pope ever existed there was the pentarchy which were made up of 5 bishops who governed the churches in their area and would meet at councils to decide doctrines and church related decisions. They were the bishops of Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem. The bishop of Rome was a position of high honor but not having a higher authority over the other bishops. Over time tensions grew between Rome and the other 4 churches regarding matters of the addition of the filioque, priest celibacy, and finally papal primacy which pretty much was the straw that broke the camel’s back. When the bishop of Rome demanded that all the churches must submit to his authority the other four churches excommunicated the church in Rome. In retaliation Rome excommunicated the four churches. So who was actually excommunicated from the Catholic Church? Was it the four churches who wanted to keep things the way they’ve always been or the one church who demanded to make changes?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thirdly,

Here we go:

Thank you.

Speaking of BIZZAR......you just said:
"You have never.... ever.... posted any false teachings of the Catholic Church, so there is or was a reason to refute your myths and fallicies! "

LOL!!!!! I have never ever posted any false teachings of the Catholic Church???

I am having a real problem believing you just said that. Allow me to fix that right now for you...…………..

prayers for the dead
sign of the Cross
Wax Candles
Veneration of angels and dead saints
The Mass,
The worship of Mary,
Purgatory
prayers directed to Mary

The Papacy
Holy Water,
The veneration of St. Joseph
The baptism of bells
Canonization of dead saints, f
Fasting on Fridays
celibacy

Rosary
Transubstantiation

Now that is just a few which are UNBIBLICAL but if you require more just ask and I can help you with them.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And let us not forget how much the Roman church strayed after the schism of 1054. In 1184 the inquisitions were formally introduced and lasted for 686 years where nonbelievers were forced to convert to Roman Catholicism otherwise they would be arrested, imprisoned, tortured and if they still refused to convert they were executed. Then there’s the abuse of selling of indulgences which led to the formulation of the doctrine of purgatory in 1439 at the council of Florence. You know the one that states that Jesus’ sacrifice doesn’t pay for all our sins and we must pay for them ourselves in the afterlife by suffering in purgatory. Totally conjured by scripture taken way out of context and assumptions in order to sell more indulgences. :(

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican