Why can't America be like it was before?

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
None of those links say "We're all going to die." They all talk about a threat to national security, about global food security (which climate change is already affecting, BTW) and most important, "If nothing is done." But nobody claims that we're all going to die.

I presume that you take the position that climate change does not pose a real threat and that even if it did, the contribution made to it by human activities has been exaggerated for political reasons, so there is really little or nothing we could do about it.

Those who understand that the threat posed by climate change is real also understand the consequences. AOC says the world will end in 12 years? She may be right. Of course, we all understand that she doesn't mean that the Earth itself will cease to exist or that life will be totally eradicated, but that the way we live our lives now will become impossible. That "world" may well end.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about the fact we support school choice.
For Whites to go to other predominantly White schools.
How about we support the black family.
How?
How about the fact we just provided an economy that had the best unemployment for blacks ever. How about we just helped them have higher incomes.
Thanks to Obama administration recovery
How about we just gave black colleges more money and made it permanent.
But it wasn’t clear at the time if any colleges would receive new federal funding. Kimbrough said he has studied the issue and that Trump’s pledge had no impact on HBCUs.

Trump’s fanciful statements can be “useful hyperbole,” Kimbrough said. “Of course it’s not grounded in reality.”
How about the First Step Act for Criminal Justice Reform.
I’ll give Trump some cred on this one.
The GOP’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which every single Democrat in Congress opposed, includes Opportunity Zones. These areas “offer tax incentives for businesses to invest in economically distressed communities, making them a powerful vehicle for economic growth and job creation,” a White House statement explains. Across America, 8,761 communities have been declared Opportunity Zones, not unlike the Enterprise Zones that the late Congressman Jack Kemp (R., N.Y.) advocated during the Reagan era. “Through these tax incentives, we will jumpstart our American communities, create momentum for economic recovery, and attract investment to diverse areas across our Nation.
One Trump Tax Cut Was Meant to Help the Poor. A Billionaire Ended Up Winning Big. — ProPublica
Among his earliest acts, President Trump welcomed to the Oval Office the heads of historically black colleges and universities. He launched a White House office to assist HBCUs. These educators identified year-round Pell Grants as one initiative that sprang from their dialogue with these alleged racists.

President Trump has kept his promise to make HBCUs a priority of his Administration, signing the HBCU executive order just six weeks into his presidency — by far, the earliest of any president,” HBCU Digest reported in September. Trump also “ordered certain federal agencies to develop annual plans to boost the competitiveness of HBCUs — to date, 29 federal agencies have developed HBCU plans.”

Republicans, yet again, do right by black Americans
Already covered above. Nice photo op, though.
He also made Martin Luther King Luther's burial site a national historic park.
Maybe he can rename Ft. Bragg to Ft. Kardashian.
I say start.spreading the news. You can do it and here is how.
When’s the next photo op?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By telling them their families are broken. It's helpful to yell at people in pain telling them what their problems are.
You mean they don’t know? Well it’s good that the GOP is here to inform them.

Reactions: istodolez
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
None of those links say "We're all going to die." They all talk about a threat to national security, about global food security (which climate change is already affecting, BTW) and most important, "If nothing is done." But nobody claims that we're all going to die.

I presume that you take the position that climate change does not pose a real threat and that even if it did, the contribution made to it by human activities has been exaggerated for political reasons, so there is really little or nothing we could do about it.

Those who understand that the threat posed by climate change is real also understand the consequences. AOC says the world will end in 12 years? She may be right. Of course, we all understand that she doesn't mean that the Earth itself will cease to exist or that life will be totally eradicated, but that the way we live our lives now will become impossible. That "world" may well end.

You can't be serious right? What do s all that say? I said they are telling people we are all going to die if we don't do something. I didn't use quotation marks to indicate an exact quote. But when you read those things that is what they are saying. The world is going to end. Other things indicate a lot of death and destruction. So yes they are saying we are going to die.

So once again I am proven correct in what I said.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You mean they don’t know? Well it’s good that the GOP is here to inform them.

It's a real service the GOP offers. Unfortunately they haven't gotten as much traction with it as it SHOULD result in. I'm sure, though, that if they keep it up and if they are QUICK to respond to all the upcoming riots and racial unrest over the next few decades with hand-wringing and pearl-clutching, ONE DAY the black community will listen to these noble Cassandras.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can't be serious right? What do s all that say? I said they are telling people we are all going to die if we don't do something. I didn't use quotation marks to indicate an exact quote. But when you read those things that is what they are saying. The world is going to end. Other things indicate a lot of death and destruction. So yes they are saying we are going to die.

So once again I am proven correct in what I said.

So economic collapse, the destruction of our way of life, isn't enough? Those things are very real possibilities.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal

How did I know you were going to just do a hand wave at what the Republicans have done.

Tell me what have the Democrats done and how good has it worked over the last 50 years?

Why is it only during the Trump Administration that this stuff occurred? Couldn't be ANYTHING that he and the Republicans did.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Once again you prove my point. I sure wish Speedy would recognize it.
So "economic collapse and the destruction of our way of life" = "we're all going to die?" No, I don't get it. Or do you not see any difference between those two statements?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Oh, by all means, keep bringing up anecdotal data of a small subset. I'm perfectly open to the fact that no group of people act in unison.

But you'll have to still explain why the vast majority of the black community are so benighted and these small enclaves, these individuals see the "truth".

Maybe if you guys were to yell at the black community more they would "get it" and do "right" as you have decreed for them.

Are you familiar with the phrase "Interpretting noise for signal"? It's a common occurrence, especially in support of confirmation bias.

Your problem, as a Conservative, is to understand why your message is only getting picked up by a very tiny sub-set of this particular voting bloc. I think it's because you haven't yelled at the black community enough yet. Or you haven't complained enough to them about their failures to see the truth.

Here's another. Keep in mind these are NOT my words. These are black peoples words. I am not yelling at anyone. Neither are these people. You asked why they are voting Democratic. I'm giving you the answer in THEIR WORDS. Your argument is with them. Not me. Blacks would be better off if they got rid of the Democrats controlling their cities and out conservative Republicans in their place and gave them 50 years to fix what the Democrats have done.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So "economic collapse and the destruction of our way of life" = "we're all going to die?" No, I don't get it. Or do you not see any difference between those two statements?

From the article on the debates-

That report concluded that in order to keep the planet from warming more than 1.5°C over the pre-industrial average temperature by 2100 that humanity must cut greenhouse gas emissions—chiefly carbon dioxide emitted by the burning of fossil fuels—in half by 2030, and reach net-zero emissions by 2050. Citing a couple of irritated climate scientists, the fact-checkers over at the Washington Post noted that the report definitely did not find that going over the 1.5°C threshold is the end of the world.

the first debate, held Tuesday night in Detroit, former Texas Congressman Beto O'Rourke declared, "I've listened to the scientists on this, and they're very clear. We don't have more than 10 years to get this right." Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA) warned that the "climate crisis is the existential crisis for our world. It puts every living thing on this planet at risk."

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That report concluded that in order to keep the planet from warming more than 1.5°C over the pre-industrial average temperature by 2100 that humanity must cut greenhouse gas emissions—chiefly carbon dioxide emitted by the burning of fossil fuels—in half by 2030, and reach net-zero emissions by 2050. Citing a couple of irritated climate scientists, the fact-checkers over at the Washington Post noted that the report definitely did not find that going over the 1.5°C threshold is the end of the world.
Therefore we can conclude that going over the 1.5 degree threshold has no effect whatever?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Therefore we can conclude that going over the 1.5 degree threshold has no effect whatever?

From the think progress report-

That means we face a multitude of dangerous impacts: more sea level rise, more extreme droughts, more extreme deluges, more loss of permafrost carbon, and so on.

So, you see the predictions are we are going to see a lot of death. We are going to die.

My point stands and you know it. It's what Democrats are saying and I have proved my point. It's not what Republicans are saying Democrats are saying. It IS what Democrats are saying. I have proven you wrong.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal

That's what he said, not me. AOC said the world was going to end. The end of the world would indicate a lot of death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If global warming continues unabated there will be drastic changes in our way of life and there will be much loss of life but we will not all die.

We will adapt as we always have but it will be a very different world.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Once again you prove my point. I sure wish Speedy would recognize it.

Really? Do you not think economic collapse would be something that global climate change would cause?

Do you know where FOOD comes from? Just curious.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Really? Do you not think economic collapse would be something that global climate change would cause?

Do you know where FOOD comes from? Just curious.

My point had nothing to do with the specifics of climate change. Perhaps you should re-read my original post and it's points.

Upvote 0