Status
Not open for further replies.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Greeter said:
Maybe from your POV, but possibly not from the POV of this poster. Are we no longer allowed to give our POV without interference from the non-Protestants?
It sounds to me as though some PRE's in this particular forum want it all to themselves and that anyone who is not Protestant cannot post here . .

However, the rules of this forum say:

Non-Denominational Protestant Forum Rules

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.
We, as non-protestants, are not allowed to debate here .. but we are allowed to post in this forum . .

What I am perceiving is an isolationist attitude that wants to put up walls and say "no tresspassing - stay out and that means you!" . . . and thus making this forum exclusively that of a certain group of Christians and no longer open to ALL Christians . .

I don't believe that such an isolationist attitude is what the owner of this site has in mind or that it is benificial to the Body of Christ . .and since the rules that we all agree to abide by make this forum open to ALL Christians, then ALL Christians should be welcome here . .

I am really sad to see that there are those who would shut the door on their brethern in Christ ..

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
good4u said:
Fine. I did not list everything I believe, so would you like to become Protestant too?

So why are you here, other than to be a trouble-maker?

Saying other Christians believe these things (and not just Protestants) is causing trouble ? :confused: I thought that everyone who reads this thread might like to know the facts. My mistake. I would prefer that you not accuse me of that which I did not do.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hold on!

This will be more of a challange now that IDD is gone. In the opinion of this moderator debating issus in pre for the sake of lurkers is still debating issues in pre, which; is still against the rules. There is no consideration in the rules for lurkers. That issue is now a non issue. If non pres want to ask a question, they may do so. But the answer is the answer. the second and third answer to the same question is called a debate.
Stop debating

Upvote 0

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟29,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
thereselittleflower said:
It sounds to me as though some PRE's in this particular forum want it all to themselves and that anyone who is not Protestant cannot post here . .

However, the rules of this forum say:

We, as non-protestants, are not allowed to debate here .. but we are allowed to post in this forum . .

What I am perceiving is an isolationist attitude that wants to put up walls and say "no tresspassing - stay out and that means you!" . . . and thus making this forum exclusively that of a certain group of Christians and no longer open to ALL Christians . .

I don't believe that such an isolationist attitude is what the owner of this site has in mind or that it is benificial to the Body of Christ . .and since the rules that we all agree to abide by make this forum open to ALL Christians, then ALL Christians should be welcome here . .

I am really sad to see that there are those who would shut the door on their brethern in Christ ..

Peace in Him!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Figures, as usual. Nice of you to come into our area and judge us. Is there a particular reason you feel the need to use PRE as a soapbox? I thought with the closing of IDD we would be able to relax but I see now that the attacks will keep coming and coming.

BTW, there are more to those rules then what you post. What it looks like is you wish to have the security of your forum, but also want to attack us in our forum.

While I believe strongly in fellowship, I don't think we should be under attack in our own forum. Is that so difficult to understand?

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
tigersnare said:
Well.....there it goes. :sigh: We got 3.5 pages without trouble though! :clap: It's a start.
Well . . I guess the million dollar question is are non-Protestants allowed to make fellowship posts here or not?

The rules say we can and Oblio's post, which he ended up with 2 pages of critizism for, was a fellowship post that stated agreement with what a poster said and said he, as a non-protestant along with other non-protestants shared the same beliefs . .

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=1544382&postcount=26

there was no critcism, no debate . .

There seems to be too much of knee jerk reaction to non-Protestant posts here in this forum right now . .

Don't you agree it is in everyone's best interest to remember what the rules are and why we are all here . . ?

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟29,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Godzman said:
well for the reason that I agree with a protestant view more so then a Catholic view.

I do believe somethings that catholics believe just more what protestants believe
Good answer. :)

If this was a category, it would be the one I fall into. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of my biggest problems with Tradition bound denominations is that they cannot explain the reasoning behind many of their beliefs, and just call them "divine mysteries."
But at the same time, I have a big problem with denominations that outright reject tradition. All they end up doing is unintentionally creating their own traditions, usually full of heresies that were dealt with 15 centuries ago.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟514,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lotar said:
One of my biggest problems with Tradition bound denominations is that they cannot explain the reasoning behind many of their beliefs, and just call them "divine mysteries."
But at the same time, I have a big problem with denominations that outright reject tradition. All they end up doing is unintentionally creating their own traditions, usually full of heresies that were dealt with 15 centuries ago.
Good Day Lotar,

How would you apply this to the historical P/ref/evn church?

Who is your vice president?

BBAS

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
BBAS 64 said:
Good Day Lotar,

How would you apply this to the historical P/ref/evn church?
I believe that the historical Evangelical and Reformed churches had it right, that Scripture is the only infallible source, but not the only source. I don't really identify that much with Protestant, since that pretty much encompasses all nonCatholic/Orthodox Christians.

One thing that people forget is that the main reasons for the Reformation were sola gratia and sola fide. Now adays people seem to have this overblown idea that the Reformation was about breaking from tradition and that we need to look at scripture without any outside sources.

Who is vice president?

BBAS
Fiskare has volunteered. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.