California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This question is quite straight forward. I just want to know how you came to put your faith in Christ. I get a lot of different answers to this question, and the answers I get usually fascinate me. It can be a one sentence answer, or as long as you want. I'm just really interested in hearing your answer.

I believe in Yahshua ha Mashiach, for one major reason...I am in desperate need of His Salvation.

Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This question is quite straight forward. I just want to know how you came to put your faith in Christ. I get a lot of different answers to this question, and the answers I get usually fascinate me. It can be a one sentence answer, or as long as you want. I'm just really interested in hearing your answer.

Oh you said, "how you came"...well, of course, by His grace. I was always exposed to the story of salvation, as I was born to a Christian mother who faithfully took my sister and I to church, in fact we lived with the pastor and his family at one time and the church provided our material needs. But, I had also been exposed to darker elements early on as well. But, I have always felt and believed that I was watched over by a loving "God". When my mother remarried, we continued to attend church every Sunday, but as I grew older my heart became more and more hardened and I traveled down murky paths...that grew more and more dank...into drug induced delusion that I've struggled with for many years...Anyways, I ended up in Teen Challenge in my early teens and I heard the gospel message for the first time, at least, without willfully hardening my heart to its pull...and I walked up to the front of that church and raised my hands in surrender and the Spirit Breathed Life into me and I was being renewed daily, with thoughts that were not my own and a wisdom and an understanding that I knew did not originate from my foolish mind...and miracles were happening everyday and I had the joy of my salvation...and all my shame and guilt and the hardness melted away as I was able to do what I knew was right without the fear of what people thought about me...and I would sing constantly...Christian songs that I heard as a kid in those services, that I was too prideful and too full of hate to sing in. I wish I could say that it was all smooth sailing from then on, but, as I've said, I have wrestled with addiction and everything that comes with it for many years...and have ended up in even darker places than I was in before I first believed...and prisons...and streets...But, one thing I have experienced, is that He has kept me in His loving Arms and He has blessed me with greater and greater wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, and I do remember my training, which was summed up by one of the staff in Teen Challenge, "When/if you fall in your walk with God, make sure you fall forward." He has been faithful to raise me up, time and time again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Short answer: because He first loved me. A little more detail: From a very young age I was completely aware of the reality of death, heaven and hell. And when I say young I mean young- 8 or 9. My family wasn't religious at all, but they weren't totally hostile to it and I was encouraged to investigate. So I started reading some old King James Bible my parents had tucked away somewhere. When I came across the verse "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" I knew, I knew. Then I read the story of the Crucifixion and Resurrection in this children's Bible I had that was much more detailed then most children's Bibles are, and I knew that was my answer.

I have wavered, I have backslidden, I have been utterly and completely unfaithful. My pride has won out for long periods of time; bitterness at others. But even in times where I had completely abandoned the faith, I knew, deep down, that there was a hell, I deserved to go there, and Jesus Christ died to save me from it. I'm writing this just after midnight on Easter and I am overwhelmed with His mercy to one such as me.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I really appreciate your question. I notice that some didn't answer it... Some talked about... being water baptized.

That is my answer. When God baptized me, I was then born from above.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Long story short, believing there is a God is the only logical answer to the big questions. I asked myself one question “where does it all come from”. The only logical answer was God. You can’t scientifically get something from nothing so there must have been a creator. ‘the alpha and omega...beginning and end’. ‘I am’

In my opinion Christianity has the most proven evidence regarding its definition of God and the Bible. Then the Holy Spirit and the Bible was obvious to me...the way it was working in my heart and life was undeniable.

Hebrews 4:12 NIV

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Ephesians 3:16-19 NIV
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a good question. I love having a faith to cling to in times of trial and difficult situations in life as well. I was raised in a Christian family too my family were members of a church in Pennsylvania when I was born. Over the years we went to church every Sunday morning. It has been interesting to see other perspectives and responses to the question. I just returned from a church service. I was baptised when I was four or five months old. My mom used to teach Sunday school class at our local church as well as help out at events too.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More reasons than I count for why I'm a Christian. All could be summed as I needed guidance about myself, a light of hope life wasn't so bad and lonely. In the past I struggled mentally and socially, I continue to struggle with both but now I'd say it's normal stress and my quiet nature with some awkwardness lol. Thankfully I had found a small Gideons International Bible of the New Testament. I began to read it regularly hoping God would help me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My intention in coming to this forum was to start my own thread on the same subject , but I wanted discussion and debate. With due respect this thread has not provided that. I think it is in the wrong forum.
However, I am reading the whole thread, and putting likes and agrees as I go through it. Most of the testimonies are fascinating, God bless you all. I will now open my own thread and pray to God that as Christians we will behave thus. I opened my subject on a secular site and some of the respondents said I was confused!
My concern is the interpretation of salvation but please visit my thread when I open it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello, why I am a Christian is because of the message of Hope that the bible proclaimed...

The hope of becoming adopted to His Family,
The hope of Him being called my Father- the One who created All things in the universe,
The hope of Living forever and not dying (which is i think is a waste of living ) and
The hope of being heir with Christ to all things He created...

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello, why I am a Christian is because of the message of Hope that the bible proclaimed...

The hope of becoming adopted to His Family,
The hope of Him being called my Father- the One who created All things in the universe,
The hope of Living forever and not dying (which is i think is a waste of living ) and
The hope of being heir with Christ to all things He created...

@Matisyahu8898 said, "...how you came to put your faith in Christ"...I like your post, but I misread what he was asking too, at first, and answered the why.

Upvote 0

Justified112

Jan 15, 2019
Midwest US
✟25,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I got saved because I don't want to go to hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Matisyahu8898 said, "...how you came to put your faith in Christ"...I like your post, but I misread what he was asking too, at first, and answered the why.
Okay, thank you...I came to put my faith in Christ is when I was going through problems in my marriage, problems with my health and also the realization of being an adopted kid of my parents is a bit hard...

So the things that I don't find or experience in my life (eg, love, sense of belonging, family) is exactly what the Bible message of Hope is about...

Hope of rest for those who are "weary and burdened", hope of adopted into a family and become a real child (born again)...
Hope for orphans to have a Father , those who feel rejected to belong to something etc...

So, this is why i put my faith in Christ...
Hope I answered the question..

• Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know that the Holy Spirit presented me with the opportunity to continue on the path I was on or to accept the truth when I was young. I chose the truth that was manifested in the name of Jesus Christ. The moment I chose HIM I felt the burden lifted from me and since that time I continue to choose HIM because I know that He is the truth. That was some 51 years ago and while I have had many back-slidden moments I have never regretted choosing Jesus.

I grew up with a mom that seemed influenced by every facet of Christianity and a dad who believed something like native Americans in the wind and great white spirit. I never knew were I was going with my walk but I knew that neither were correct so I too rebelled. Over the decades mom settled down and dad became a believer but by that time I had already found were to go. It wasn't from a church, but a young man at USCG PSSTA Houston that followed me around and would not let me go until I had heard the Word. Today I attend a Bible teaching non affiliated Baptist church. Our authority is in the written Word and our licence to believe is thorugh the Holy Spirit and we support Israel in God's overall plan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0